How’s the stock market going? Haven’t had time to check this week...

NorCalRuss

Just now, Horsefly said:

there is no guarantee nor timeline for a recovery.  After the '29 crash it took 25 years for the market to recover.  A timeframe well into several presidencies.  

It called blind Party loyalism or the inability to give credit for something that benefits you so you have to perceive failure or look for a flaw from the one who actually succeeded in helping ones ass out of the proverbial Hurt Locker.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

It called blind Party loyalism or the inability to give credit for something that benefits you so you have to perceive failure or look for a flaw from the one who actually succeeded in helping ones ass out of the proverbial Hurt Locker.  🤣

Yeah, it's silly.  Like you,  I've done well under several presidents.  Repubs and Dems.  As long as they keep the economic train rolling I'm solid.  That's why I'm non partisan, true freedom from the partisan bs.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah, it's silly.  Like you,  I've done well under several presidents.  Repubs and Dems.  As long as they keep the economic train rolling I'm solid.  That's why I'm non partisan, true freedom from the partisan bs.   

And we have repeated this over and over that neither one of us give a damn about either Party.  The last 11 years have been a boom for me.  I can remember under Reagan the economy sucked because I was a damn LCpl living paycheck to paycheck.  But I heard he did great. Should I blame him or be a realist and understand all damn LCpl's are Broke.  I have made more money each year of my life since 1982.  I have never been unemployed in my life.  THAT'S A DAMN FACT.   So from Reagan to Trump I have made more than the previous year.  Who do I credit a Republican or a  Democrat?   I am wealthier under Obama and Trump than any Presidents in my life.  So to me they all sucked except the last 2.🤣  I don't give a damn if they don't like each other.  These two Rascals have been a Godsend. And if the next guy makes me more money one of these will drop from the top 2 and I don't care which one it is. 

Image result for trump and obama

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

there is no guarantee nor timeline for a recovery.  After the '29 crash it took 25 years for the market to recover.  A timeframe well into several presidencies.  

I guess that Roosevelt was a really crappy President.  The market was aided in large part for the first 2-3 years by quantitative easing this time around - in other words, Fed policy.  The markets were much more sluggish in Obama’s 2nd term than first - which makes sense coming off a severe bear market.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

I guess that Roosevelt was a really crappy President.  The market was aided in large part for the first 2-3 years by quantitative easing this time around - in other words, Fed policy.  The markets were much more sluggish in Obama’s 2nd term than first - which makes sense coming off a severe bear market.

I wasn't commenting on the quality of the presidencies, nor plans enacted to stimulate the economies.  I was only stating that recoveries aren't guaranteed and can take time.  That fact still stands.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I wasn't commenting on the quality of the presidencies, nor plans enacted to stimulate the economies.  I was only stating that recoveries aren't guaranteed and can take time.  That fact still stands.  

The Depression and it’s length were the exception to the rule.  A lot of people made a ton of money buying the market in 2009, and they felt very confident they would do so.  Nearly all brisk market declines are followed by a period of brisk recovery.

16 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The Depression and it’s length were the exception to the rule.  A lot of people made a ton of money buying the market in 2009, and they felt very confident they would do so.  Nearly all brisk market declines are followed by a period of brisk recovery.

There are two parts to my statement, recoveries aren't guaranteed nor are they necessarily immediate.   The 2008 recession/bear market could have lasted through Obama's first term and had an impact on his reelection.  

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 12:11 AM, Horsefly said:

There are two parts to my statement, recoveries aren't guaranteed nor are they necessarily immediate.   The 2008 recession/bear market could have lasted through Obama's first term and had an impact on his reelection.  

@NorCalRuss @Horsefly @Bormio @Blueliner   Check this out Gents. Though we have saved and feel pretty good about our finances.  The American dream is not a reality for the majority of Americans and I know people like to pick on poor people but if you don't have savings you are no better off financially than people in the Hoods or rural WV.   Only 5% have 20K saved.  WTF  41% don't have a damn dime saved. 

So most of the people on here talking big about the Economy and which President is great and who suck are more than likely living paycheck to paycheck.  So if it is about who's President why are the Avg American in a Hurt Locker.  Because regardless of President only smart people progress. 

Sobering Facts. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/personal-finance-us-debt-wakeup-call-180504062.html

. “Our research has shown that 78% of people are living paycheck to paycheck. That means if one check doesn’t show up, they don’t have enough to really make basic needs met month in and month out. So, we need a wake-up call all the way around, and people need to engage in this and get more serious.”

41% of Americans have saved nothing for retirement. (Photo: Freedom Debt Relief)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

@NorCalRuss @Horsefly @Bormio @Blueliner   Check this out Gents. Though we have saved and feel pretty good about our finances.  The American dream is not a reality for the majority of Americans and I know people like to pick on poor people but if you don't have savings you are no better off financially than people in the Hoods or rural WV.   Only 5% have 20K saved.  WTF  41% don't have a damn dime saved. 

So most of the people on here talking big about the Economy and which President is great and who suck are more than likely living paycheck to paycheck.  So if it is about who's President why are the Avg American in a Hurt Locker.  Because regardless of President only smart people progress. 

Sobering Facts. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/personal-finance-us-debt-wakeup-call-180504062.html

. “Our research has shown that 78% of people are living paycheck to paycheck. That means if one check doesn’t show up, they don’t have enough to really make basic needs met month in and month out. So, we need a wake-up call all the way around, and people need to engage in this and get more serious.”

41% of Americans have saved nothing for retirement. (Photo: Freedom Debt Relief)

I think that’s probably because most people spend what they make. 

You make good money, you buy toys, travel, etc. You struggle, you buy ramen and bologna and go to local lake  😂 ( I still make a damn good Ranger Ramen by the way, lived on cases of them instead of MREs when in field and deployed )

Regardless of how much money you make, you going to spend most of it unless you 1%er.

Seems like 78% is a lil high but not surprised by majority. Didn’t read article so I assume they talking about savings account and not 401k-retirements? I think majority everyone I know has decent to nice 401k building. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

I think that’s probably because most people spend what they make. 

You make good money, you buy toys, travel, etc. You struggle, you buy ramen and bologna and go to local lake  😂 ( I still make a damn good Ranger Ramen by the way, lived on cases of them instead of MREs when in field and deployed )

Regardless of how much money you make, you going to spend most of it unless you 1%er.

Seems like 78% is a lil high but not surprised by majority. Didn’t read article so I assume they talking about savings account and not 401k-retirements? I think majority everyone I know has decent to nice 401k building. 

No warrior savings period Including 401k. I'm frugal I haven't had a car payment in 7 yrs.  

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 9:32 PM, Bormio said:

The market is up over 40% since Election Day 2016, and did not experience a crash before that.  The Obama market did not rise continuously and took a very long time before it recovered its 2008 highs.

This post surprised me from you as it is blatantly dishonest. 

The market under Trump experienced an artificial rush because Trump announced he was taking the cover off the cookie jar. Even since it has been flat.

But what really get's me is in trying to ignore how the market was given to Obie. That he was able to recover the market to the extent he did was a credit to sound policy which is completely absent under Trump.  

You are not ever gonna give the black man credit and you are gonna never hold Trump accountable. 

It is what it is, enjoy the demise of America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This post surprised me from you as it is blatantly dishonest. 

The market under Trump experienced an artificial rush because Trump announced he was taking the cover off the cookie jar. Even since it has been flat.

But what really get's me is in trying to ignore how the market was given to Obie. That he was able to recover the market to the extent he did was a credit to sound policy which is completely absent under Trump.  

You are not ever gonna give the black man credit and you are gonna never hold Trump accountable. 

It is what it is, enjoy the demise of America. 

The above post is one of most deluded, reality-free ever written on this site.

Trump has no more taken a cover off a cookie jar than Obama did.  The market was "given" to Obama ripe for rebound. "Sound policy" under Obama. No more stupid words have ever been written.

What's more, Obama had the benefit of low prime increases for his whole term. Just one increase in 8 years.  Trump has had 8 increases in 2 1/2 years.

And thanks for obligatory dumbass race card

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

The above post is one of most deluded, reality-free ever written on this site.

Trump has no more taken a cover off a cookie jar than Obama did.  The market was "given" to Obama ripe for rebound. "Sound policy" under Obama. No more stupid words have ever been written.

What's more, Obama had the benefit of low prime increases for his whole term. Just one increase in 8 years.  Trump has had 8 increases in 2 1/2 years.

And thanks for obligatory dumbass race card

Sound policy??..that was the Dodd-Frank Wall St. reform bill that was passed that put confidence back in Wall St. after Bernie Madoff and other wanna-bes showed how investing was a scam waiting to happen...with no gov't regulations.

Bush left Obama a crashed housing market...auto market and financial market and high unemployment....Obama was left a true mess...Trump inherited low unemployment...solid markets and a renewed housing market. Trump just gave away more tax money-cookie jar (and got rid of the Inheritance tax so his kids are set) and now we're at a record deficit...with tariff wars...

17 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Sound policy??..that was the Dodd-Frank Wall St. reform bill that was passed that put confidence back in Wall St. after Bernie Madoff and other wanna-bes showed how investing was a scam waiting to happen...with no gov't regulations.

Bush left Obama a crashed housing market...auto market and financial market and high unemployment....Obama was left a true mess...Trump inherited low unemployment...solid markets and a renewed housing market. Trump just gave away more tax money-cookie jar (and got rid of the Inheritance tax so his kids are set) and now we're at a record deficit...with tariff wars...

Dems: "What housing market problems?"

On 6/7/2019 at 8:47 PM, DevilDog said:

And we have repeated this over and over that neither one of us give a damn about either Party.  The last 11 years have been a boom for me.  I can remember under Reagan the economy sucked because I was a damn LCpl living paycheck to paycheck.  But I heard he did great. Should I blame him or be a realist and understand all damn LCpl's are Broke.  I have made more money each year of my life since 1982.  I have never been unemployed in my life.  THAT'S A DAMN FACT.   So from Reagan to Trump I have made more than the previous year.  Who do I credit a Republican or a  Democrat?   I am wealthier under Obama and Trump than any Presidents in my life.  So to me they all sucked except the last 2.🤣  I don't give a damn if they don't like each other.  These two Rascals have been a Godsend. And if the next guy makes me more money one of these will drop from the top 2 and I don't care which one it is. 

Image result for trump and obama

@Horsefly AND @DevilDog

I can appreciate being non partisan and all that but does anything other than the economy give you reason to feel one way or the other on which party is more aligned with your thinking?  Social issues, health care, how our elected votes on issues, etc.  

As an example:  Being that I served in the military, esp during the cold war, the fact that many Trump supporters would rather have Russian's be in this country than those who do not support Trump, it is one (out of many) of those things that does not sit right with me.

Just curious.

19 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

[...]

As an example:  Being that I served in the military, esp during the cold war, the fact that many Trump supporters would rather have Russian's be in this country than those who do not support Trump, it is one (out of many) of those things that does not sit right with me.

Just curious.

You served in the military? What branch?

I did not know that. I appreciate your service. 

43 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

@Horsefly AND @DevilDog

I can appreciate being non partisan and all that but does anything other than the economy give you reason to feel one way or the other on which party is more aligned with your thinking?  Social issues, health care, how our elected votes on issues, etc.  

Just curious.

Having served under both I came to believe there are not much differences in these Party's.  Of course there are differences on issues I have and I'm more Fiscal Conservative and liberal Socially but I'm not extreme in either.  Here is an example sir.  Now tell me which one I should lean on and I apply extraordinary circumstances when needed.  I am anti abortion and anti death penalty.  Basically I value all human life.  Yet these two parties are hypocrites.  They both support murder as long as they justify it as something else.  Yet I support abortion to save a life or due to some heinous sexual acts as well as corporal punishment in extreme cases.  

Did Obama get rid of the Patriot act or enhance it?  Same as Bush he expanded.  They grab an issue to excite the masses.  Democrats = Health ❤.  Republicans = immigration.  They all benefit on each yet make a bunch of noise and do nothing. Really dissect just those two issues.   So yes Capitalism requires 1 dog to eat another and if you don't come to the table famished you lose.  I Respect Your Service sir.  I remember we discussed Germany before and the Fraulein's.  🤣 Both party's exploit black voters.  So to win you must exploit both Parties.  Aka Colin Powell and Michael Steele and now Candance Owens and Those other 2 ladies.  Hell even Donna Brazile is now on Fox.  She understands the game.  

• Thanks 1