OT: Am I the only person here that want's Trump to succeed?

noonereal

Seems every post I read is about hate of the right or hate of the left.

They want the left to "lose." Or the right, to lose. 

This is also why no one is discussing Korea here.

To interested in "alternative facts."

I am damned serious, is there anyone here that wants Trump to be great? Successful?

Clue, he can't do it by being dishonest and just making up "facts."

So if you really want him to succee, you'll tell him to cut the nonsense and worry about the business of governing.   

He spoke with Egypt yesterday but not one of his fan boys or one of the haters has made a single post about it.

It was a VERY different meeting, well worth discussing here. Not a peep.

Twice I post about China talks in a few days. Neither "side" give a F. 

Just post after post of rhetoric. 

WTF? 

alright, I am done. 

18 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

When I look at the things Trumpy (the Group) has done so far and the things his Clan is obsessed on accomplishing....then NO...NO...NO...I do not want Trumpy The Clown to succeed.

Rufus>>

This thinking is like being 100% healthy and wishing for anal warts. Good job!

A lot of people want him to succeed. The issue is the high ups in the mainstream media is ran by people who have direct family and friend ties to the democratic parties. Most notably with Hussein Obama and Clinton. 

So the majority of the MSM news outlets have turned into a 24 hour anti-Trump campaign. 

eventually people's minds will be warped Into thinking this fake news is real. He is doing the best he can be doing given the fact that he just became president, and every democrat and MSM source have been trying to discredit and sabotage everything he touches. 

Trump is the American savior! Make America Great Again!!!!

20 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

A lot of people want him to succeed. The issue is the high ups in the mainstream media is ran by people who have direct family and friend ties to the democratic parties. Most notably with Hussein Obama and Clinton. 

So the majority of the MSM news outlets have turned into a 24 hour anti-Trump campaign. 

eventually people's minds will be warped Into thinking this fake news is real. He is doing the best he can be doing given the fact that he just became president, and every democrat and MSM source have been trying to discredit and sabotage everything he touches. 

Trump is the American savior! Make America Great Again!!!!

I swear every time you post, I'm left scratching my head.  Is it typical of you to vote against your own interests?  You have bragged on here several times about getting welfare, but yet you talk down on liberals who are the biggest proponents of social programs.  It's really odd and strange to say the least.  That's why it's hard for me to take you serious at times.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I swear every time you post, I'm left scratching my head.  Is it typical of you to vote against your own interests?  You have bragged on here several times about getting welfare, but yet you talk down on liberals who are the biggest proponents of social programs.  It's really odd and strange to say the least.  That's why it's hard for me to take you serious at times.

I never bragged about anything. And I didn't get anything. I work 40 hours and take care of my family. We are actually moving into a brand new house in the Burbs in a week. Closing is on the 10th. Beautiful house with gated community, pool etc. your invited over anytime 

i work for everything I get. My wife stopped working to take care of the kids, and she was making more than me! Lol. She applied for food stamps for 6 months becuase she said we were eligible for some for a family of 5 on 1 income as well as our credit to debt ratio. I said "cool" Lol 

it was for only 6 months and has long passed. 

It is the same thing when people file for scholarships or other benefits that are out there. Not everyone applying for financial aid is some poor piece of crap. 

And on the other hand I have heard and I have seen with my own eyes people collecting food stamps and welfare and being perfectly able to work. 

Liberals want to take what people earn and give it to people who are too lazy to work. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yet you still respond all the time...odd.  Do you believe that the welfare system / social safety net as currently constructed in this country is working?  I do not believe it is.  It really just perpetuates a cycle of generations staying in poverty.  I believe Welfare should be made available for only those people who do not have the capacity to work.  Not those who choose either not to work or work a cash job aka selling rocks and collect a check on the 1st of the month.  The system is broken and expanding the social safety net is a terrible "solution."  Throwing bad money on top of bad money and increasing sunken costs is never a good idea.  Don't tell that to the left though.  You are clearly on the Democratic Party line, so just interested in your opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Yet you still respond all the time...odd.  Do you believe that the welfare system / social safety net as currently constructed in this country is working?  I do not believe it is.  It really just perpetuates a cycle of generations staying in poverty.  I believe Welfare should be made available for only those people who do not have the capacity to work.  Not those who choose either not to work or work a cash job aka selling rocks and collect a check on the 1st of the month.  The system is broken and expanding the social safety net is a terrible "solution."  Throwing bad money on top of bad money and increasing sunken costs is never a good idea.  Don't tell that to the left though.  You are clearly on the Democratic Party line, so just interested in your opinion.

I agree 100% having. I also think that whoever is receiving unemployment benefits should be piss tested as well. I was piss tested before my start date and I can be randomly tested at any time. So should they.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I do not respond to Bull on his political views much at all.  so it's not odd.

i'm not on the Democratic Party line, not even by a long shot.   I believe in small government with limited social programs. As times progresses, benefits should decrease to zero with no ability to reenter the system.  People should be incentivized to work, I'm a little more lenient for those with permanent disabilities or the elderly.  Additionally, I believe benefits should be tied to student performance and behavior

i also don't believe in social security, it's my job to ensure I invest for my own retirement, it's not my job to pay forward for anyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

i'm not on the Democratic Party line, not even by a long shot.   I believe in small government with limited social programs. As times progresses, benefits should decrease to zero with no ability to reenter the system.  People should be incentivized to work, I'm a little more lenient for those with permanent disabilities or the elderly.  Additionally, I believe benefits should be tied to student performance and behavior

i also don't believe in social security, it's my job to ensure I invest for my own retirement, it's not my job to pay forward for anyone.

Fair enough - but at least you pay into social security while you are working, it's not a handout.  Personally I am more lenient on that especially with so many people barely making a living wage, retirement savings are not an option for many.  Welfare is where the real dead money is IMO and needs a complete overhaul quickly.

3 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Fair enough - but at least you pay into social security while you are working, it's not a handout.  Personally I am more lenient on that especially with so many people barely making a living wage, retirement savings are not an option for many.  Welfare is where the real dead money is IMO and needs a complete overhaul quickly.

Let me invest what I put into SS to benefit me, myself and I only.  If I choose to share I'll make a donation to charity.

dont forget corporate bailouts, that is a form of welfare and expensive.  If business makes bad decision that is on them, the market should be allowed to move them out of the marketplace.

20 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

minimum wage $7.25 an hour

Loaf of bread and gallon of milk $7.00

Yeah, the system is busted.....

Of course the fat cats who want the minimum wage lowered could care less......why should poor people?

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

minimum wage $7.25 an hour

Loaf of bread and gallon of milk $7.00

Yeah, the system is busted.....

Of course the fat cats who want the minimum wage lowered could care less......why should poor people?

This is an excellent point...stimulate to job growth / pay economy to let people make a living wage and seek work, do not increase the handouts that actively discourage that.  Couldn't agree more.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Let me invest what I put into SS to benefit me, myself and I only.  If I choose to share I'll make a donation to charity.

dont forget corporate bailouts, that is a form of welfare and expensive.  If business makes bad decision that is on them, the market should be allowed to move them out of the marketplace.

Agreed on the corporate bailouts, nobody should be "too big to fail." I am still definitely more lenient than you on SS benefits but I see your point.

35 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Where I am more liberal is socially.  I adhere to the principle of life, liberty and each to pursue happiness as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone's right to these same things.  That's why I lament so hard on racism or discrimination in any form.  No one should have the right to prevent others from achieving this freedom.  So for me that extends to personal lifestyles.  Although I may not follow certain practices, etc. my belief system should not be imposed on others, religious or otherwise.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

This is an excellent point...stimulate to job growth / pay economy to let people make a living wage and seek work, do not increase the handouts that actively discourage that.  Couldn't agree more.

Donald Trump pays little old Chinese ladies .33 cents an hour to sew Trump ties......don't believe he's too interested in stimulating job growth here.

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I want him to succeed, I don't care much for his style, but he's our President.  

This is where we disagree:  he is not OUR president, he is president for the 35% of Americans who (as of this afternoon's poll) support him.  Trump could care less about the other two thirds of our country and Americans.  Actually, I believe he could care less about the 35%.

4 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

This is where we disagree:  he is not OUR president, he is president for the 35% of Americans who (as of this afternoon's poll) support him.  Trump could care less about the other two thirds of our country and Americans.  Actually, I believe he could care less about the 35%.

Maybe, but now you sound like the people that never supported Obama when he came to office.   The whole "he's not our president" thing goes both ways.   I wan't him to "succeed" because he represents us, whether we like it or not.  

• Like 1