Who Wins? DLS or STA? (A: STA)

181pl

Who Wins? DLS or STA?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

Just now, The Guru said:

In about a three page stretch you repeated some of the most cliche-ridden dumbassery about STA coaching.

You topped it by claiming that they have no QB play despite the fact that they started a Sophomore with zero varsity experience on national television 3,000 miles away from home and he accounted for 3 TDs.

It's the height of laziness. Just repeat cliches instead of actually figuring out what's happening.

If the subject is STA coaching then I can guarantee that you're the ignorant one in the equation.

Them starting the Sophomore was the smartest decision they could have made

He was far better than that overrated First Baptist transfer that would have sent STA offense back to the stone age

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

In about a three page stretch you repeated some of the most cliche-ridden dumbassery about STA coaching.

You topped it by claiming that they have no QB play despite the fact that they started a Sophomore with zero varsity experience on national television 3,000 miles away from home and he accounted for 3 TDs.

It's the height of laziness. Just repeat cliches instead of actually figuring out what's happening.

If the subject is STA coaching then I can guarantee that you're the ignorant one in the equation.

Your offense is trash.  Offensive line, horrible.  No offensive identity.

Harriott is a sloppy coach.  

Call it coach speak if you want.  It’s the truth.  You’re too dishonest to admit it, or more likely, too damn stupid to know any better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

What’s happening then?  Why did they under perform?  Why couldn’t they block anyone?  

Did the time zones do it, or the shitty coaching?

Year after year after year.

6 minutes ago, FloTex said:

What’s happening then?  Why did they under perform?  Why couldn’t they block anyone?

They scored 24 points and won by 10 with a Sophomore QB, on the road, on the opposite side of the country.

They averaged 4.1 yards per carry and the QB didn't get touched in any of his drop-backs.

What the hell are you talking about?

You're a goofball.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

They scored 24 points and won by 10 with a Sophomore QB, on the road, on the opposite side of the country.

They averaged 4.1 yards per carry and the QB didn't get touched in any of his drop-backs.

What the hell are you talking about?

You're a goofball.

And looked like trash doing it.

It took a miracle catch on a big play, and a short field for another 3 points.

Hardly impressive.  Not against the talent they were up against.

Defensively though, STA is the real deal.  Offensively it’s just real bad.

Keep spinning those wheels though.  All the bullshit in the world won’t convince anyone that that’s a good offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Offensively it’s just real bad.

In 10 years, the offensive coordinator has won 90% of his games (129-15), 5 state championships, 2 national championships and has the 6 highest scoring seasons in school history.

Sorry if I don't trust the evaluation skills of a likely drifter who somehow stumbled upon a wifi signal and decided to vomit all over this message board.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

In 10 years, the offensive coordinator has won 90% of his games (129-15), 5 state championships, 2 national championships and has the 6 highest scoring seasons in school history.

Sorry if I don't trust the evaluation skills of a likely drifter who somehow stumbled upon a wifi signal and decided to vomit all over this message board.

Yeah because the elite studs all across defense had NOTHING to do with STA winning

You are a special kind of moron

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2019 at 12:27 AM, badrouter said:

Well, there's much we don't know yet. But, what I can tell you is, barring something major and unforeseen, this will easily be the best Lakeland team they've ever faced. And STA is 2-6 all-time vs. Lakeland. It's not crazy to suggest Lakeland could put a running clock on STA this year. Would need Chayil Garnett and a fully diverse passing game. But, looks like they'll have that. The backup QB they're playing now is better than last year's starter. 

Keep it up.

Well, there's much we don't know yet. But, what I can tell you is, barring something major and unforeseen, this will easily be the best Lakeland team they've ever faced. And STA is 2-6 all-time vs. Lakeland. It's not crazy to suggest Lakeland could put a running clock on STA this year. Would need Chayil Garnett and a fully diverse passing game. But, looks like they'll have that. The backup QB they're playing now is better than last year's starter. 

Maybe Aquinas could have fixed that 2-6 record had Lakeland not completely fell off the map for an entire decade after that 56-7 championship game in 08.

8 hours ago, StAllThewaY said:

Maybe Aquinas could have fixed that 2-6 record had Lakeland not completely fell off the map for an entire decade after that 56-7 championship game in 08.

2009, 2011, 2017 were years when Lakeland would have been even or favored over STA.

Regardless, those years were the years where STA started compiling super teams before the public schools could keep up. Now, they can keep up and then some. I'm being kind when I advise you to have several boxes of kleenex ready for the game in December.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

2009, 2011, 2017 were years when Lakeland would have been even or favored over STA.

Regardless, those years were the years where STA started compiling super teams before the public schools could keep up. Now, they can keep up and then some. I'm being kind when I advise you to have several boxes of kleenex ready for the game in December.

I don't believe 2009 Lakeland would've been even in a game with STA at all. That STA team was stacked. Lakeland would've been severley outmatched in a game between the 2.

2011 STA was horrible on offense, but Lakeland's schedule was terrible. Their 14-2 record had scares against Hialeah, and Bellingham. 

2017 much closer though.

If we're playing a historical, "what would've happened if they played that year?" game, we'd also need to look at years like 1999 and so on. It's a bit silly. The record is what the record is. We should look only at the games that have been played; not the ones that weren't played but are figments of our imagination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

STA had 10 starters on offense who started at STA in the 9th grade vs DLS on the road, including a 220 lb (maybe) LT.    How can they compete with a  "Public School" with such high profile transfers and a dozen or so new starters?      :) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

STA had 10 starters on offense who started at STA in the 9th grade vs DLS on the road, including a 220 lb (maybe) LT.    How can they compete with a  "Public School" with such high profile transfers and a dozen or so new starters?      :) 

I agree. Will be hard for them to hang with a team with 22 transfers 😁

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

We should look only at the games that have been played; not the ones that weren't played but are figments of our imagination.

Which is convenient for the great disappearing program like Lakeland.

This is actually why STA is the more historically great program. They've been there the while time. Lakeland has gotten to beat up on teams when they had the advantage.

• Thumbs Down 1

Well, St Thomas recruits. South Florida and nationally. You can't deny it. And it's been going on for a lot of years. Now that a lot of teams can recruit, the playing field is somewhat evening out. Lakeland had a little bit of a down stretch for a few years because they stopped getting the Polk studs in.

Now they have 22 transfers, which is probably par for the course for St Thomas, and you are panicking. Pretty funny. But sad as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Which is convenient for the great disappearing program like Lakeland.

This is actually why STA is the more historically great program. They've been there the while time. Lakeland has gotten to beat up on teams when they had the advantage.

Lakeland has been there the whole time, and a good 15 years prior going back to the 70s, as well. STA simply benefited from a stretch of a few years where building super teams was hip, but public schools couldn't participate to anywhere near the degree they can now.

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

STA simply benefited from a stretch of a few years where building super teams was hip, but public schools couldn't participate to anywhere near the degree they can now.

Lying and pathetic excuse-making.

Lakeland hasn't done anything in the last two years that they couldn't do for the previous 40. They just got sick of losing and decided to load up for Castle's last few years.

And Lakeland only ever wins anything when they have one of the greatest players in school history at RB. Without Johnnie Jones, Chris Rainey and Demarkus Bowman, Lakeland has one state championship in history.

• Thumbs Down 1