67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Tiers are spot on.

This game played out as expected.

early it looked like DLS was going overachieve ala the 1998-2003 teams 

I was driving in the 1st quarter and had mY cellphone playing the game on my ESPN APP.  Not watching but listening. But it seemed while listening when DLS scored 1st that announcer sounded like a big homer and when STA took charge he was not pontificating on them the same all he started talking about was all their talent.  Just an opinion from someone that didn't have a dog in the Fight.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I was driving in the 1st quarter and had mY cellphone playing the game on my ESPN APP.  Not watching but listening. But it seemed while listening when DLS scored 1st that announcer sounded like a big homer and when STA took charge he was not pontificating on them the same all he started talking about was all their talent.  Just an opinion from someone that didn't have a dog in the Fight.  

They spent 20 minutes stroking Lad and Toomer.

So yeah, that was pretty accurate.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The Tiers are spot on.

This game played out as expected.

early it looked like DLS was going overachieve ala the 1998-2003 teams 

Believe me they will overachieve like a MOFO over the next several weeks.  You stand a better chance of a North Korean Restaurant getting a James Beard Award or them hosting the next BET Awards than some team North of Bakersfield beating them. 

Related image

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You don't know how betting works do you?

No bookie in the history of sports betting places odds on a points spread. Lol

Give me Socal at 5:1. For whatever amount you want.

If your reading comprehension were better you would know the odds were for the win 

no one reading this thread thought it was on the line 

I said $100 but I like the money held upfront 

I’ll trust your boy @HawgGoneIt if he’s willing to hold it (again, that means you’ll need $500)

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

There's not a single person on this site that I'm going to let "hold" $500. Lol

Ok

theres several that I’d trust with it

i just happened to pick one from your school for your convenience 

sorry you don’t have more conviction in your opinions 

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They spent 20 minutes stroking Lad and Toomer.

So yeah, that was pretty accurate.

This. I will say that’s the worst ESPN broadcast I’ve seen. The AB interview. The Lad and Toomer interviews lasting multiple drives. That 2nd quarter was no longer focused on the game. And they completely missed a 4th down play due to commercial.  Embarrassing product tonight 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I thought De La Salle and St Thomas Aquinas both played pretty sloppy tonight. Week one to be expected though. 13 penalties on DLS in the 3rd quarter. Seems odd. #24 is a BALLER. I like that kid. DLS doesn’t have a QB though and it hurt them tonight. He was pretty bad this evening. I think the offensive line did their job well against a superior defense. Their OL always seems to impress me

I don’t think St Thomas Aquinas is a top 10 team in the country. Great athletes but their QB is an average sophomore who won’t finish his football career as a QB. Still don’t get the #1 preseason ranking when i saw them handled by Central and Lakeland last season. 

Should’ve ended 21-14. I think STA is the better team but I don’t think there is a huge gap here. Both top 50 teams. Neither having a QB will keep them from being the best team in the nation

It was a typical mistake , penalty type of irst game for Dela.  I don't care who they would've played to open up the season. They have a lot of new guys starting, and they are trying a lot of new things on offense.  A lot more screens and pass plays. They have a ton of work to get that down. Having said that, I really think they out played STA except for the scoreboard, and had every opportunity  to win the game. I agree with most on here that STA at this point, is not top 10 . There defense is legit, but offense is lacking. I know Dela will radically improve and if I was a coach, i would look between the lines and see the potential and where they can be later in the season, which is much, much better. They just don't execute well early in season. But coaches know that and they schedule to get the team ready when they will play the legit #1 in MD in December  ( hopefully )  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

Beat BG.  beat Folsom.

with inferior teams vs ‘09-15

lost to east (UT), BG, and 3 socal academy teams that were created because of DLS 

I’m good with that 

Despite the L, these guys look better than any of the previous 3 versions 

I think DLS maybe only a 5:1 dog vs Socal academy team TBD, which is in best shape they’ve been in since winning 6 of 7 with the ‘09-‘15 teams 

Beat SJC

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Put me down for whatever you want

I’ll give you the bet blackhatter is declining 

I know you’re a stand up guy that plays the ponies but your end is A. It large, given the odds 

are you comfortable letting someone hold 

I’m good with any of the regular CA guys except block 

Maybe @The Comish?

One clarification — DLS has to be in Open — I don’t want to lose the bet if DLS loses to Folsom and doesn’t make open and you dont want to give me 5:1 odds on DLS vs Narbonne.  Agreed?