Who Wins? DLS or STA? (A: STA)

181pl

Who Wins? DLS or STA?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

5 hours ago, Blueliner said:

All of this has been said, but it's my .02.

1. As already expressed by everyone, it was a little sloppier than I expected. Early season jitters for both teams. DLS needs to work out some kinks in their somewhat revamped offense...most notably substitutions. That fumble at half was brutal. They'll be alright.

2. Refs were awful. That early PI was bogus...led to a score. The running into the flag on the sideline...led to a score. The "catch and fumble" led to a score to seal it. That said, DLS earned all of those drive-killing procedure penalties. And the refs were pretty awful for both teams.

3. STA's defense is one of the best in the country. No question. Definitely in the discussion for the biggest. Good God. Their young QB did what he had to do to win. He's going to be really good for STA down the road. The coaches need to have better play calling for sure.

4. Hale obviously had a rough night. But in his defense, that STA defense loaded with D1s along the line and in the secondary made it impossible for him to get into any kind of rhythm. Tall order for an QB in week 0. Plain and simple. From where we were sitting, because of our angle, you could see what Hale was dealing with...LARGE, long, athletic linemen with hands everywhere, and DBs that were like glue on the receivers. STA is just flat out good on defense. But Hale's going to have to be better. He will be I have no doubt. He was humbled for sure. He'll work harder now.

5. Garrett and Coby were stellar. They get Norfleet (5-11 201) back next week. His parents said that he tweeked a hammy running track. It'll be quite the backfield when he returns. The OL played as well as they could for week 0 against STA. They'll continue to get better (like all teams do).

6. The OL for STA, although huge, didn't have a great game against a much smaller DLS DL. But before we criticize STA's OL, let's give DLS's DL credit where credit is due. I said all along that that Tasi, Roe, Crespi, etc would be stout. But STA is going to have to be better with that advantage if the want to win Fla 7A.

7. DLS LBs are ...had a bad night. Never seen so many missed tackles. They'll have to be better. They've got Milton and Ngata coming up.

STA will go as far as their defense takes them. Probably all the way to a loss to Lakeland in the 7A final. DLS has some work to do. But I still predict that they'll be the north Open rep. There is no other team on their schedule that even comes close to STA...especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Agree with everything about game, DLS, STA, and Lakeland (maybe) — and thanks for the detailed insights about returning players 

but don’t sleep on Folsom — they’re better than you credit above — a loss there and DLS is going to struggle to find motivation going forward, and a win sets up an opportunity to play #1 team in country in December (most likely) 

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 12:20 PM, BigBobT said:

Still shows as pending for me which makes no sense. You have Mallard Creek?

As you know by now the game counted, but it had no effect on my piggy bank as MC alone pretty much ended all my multiple game bets.  I didn't choose that game as a solo... the line just looked too weird.  Amazingly, +25 at home wasn't even enough in one parlay that screwed me.  Too early to tell if MC has really dropped or if SFA's winning streak continues into 2020.  

Individually, I did well...  and that's the only W-L record I track as the other stuff is expected losses.  :)   There's always one game... I suck at multiple game bets, but I'm hoping one week a fart in a blizzard lingers.   Also, I don't bet STA games normally, but the over/under looked better than Centennial 13-0 over STA last road trip in my head lol.  

Wins:   Narbonne - 8 1/2 ,   DeMatha/SJB under 57 1/2 ,  Carol City - 7 1/2 ,  DFB +13 ,  STA/DLS under 53 

Loss:  Buchanan +15  * my first bet of the slate and I shouldn't have read that fricking article.  I had doubts and my last bet was with Narbonne later in the week, but with the least amount bet of the games above.   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

If I got it right @steeler01 @Pops

the bet is a $100 bet at 5:1 that De La Salle will beat either Mater Dei or SJB ("SoCal Academy team") in the Open Final. 

Pops lighting a Benjamin up for no reason .... at least buy a bottle of Caymus and enjoy yourself while the Spartans get beat by 3-4 tds to sjb or md. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

If I got it right @steeler01 @Pops

the bet is a $100 bet at 5:1 that De La Salle will beat either Mater Dei or SJB ("SoCal Academy team") in the Open Final. 

May be an irrelevant distinction but I think it was DLS vs SoCal rep

@steeler01?

otherwise, yeah?

5 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Pops lighting a Benjamin up for no reason .... at least buy a bottle of Caymus and enjoy yourself while the Spartans get beat by 3-4 tds to sjb or md. 

I admit steeler probably getting favorable odds 

started with blackhatter getting mouthy, I forced a put up or shut up that he predictably backed down on and steeler was lurking in the wings 

i wouldn’t say I’m lighting up a Benjy, but I think odds probably closer to 10:1.  Think if it as betting on an inside straight draw where you’re only getting 5:1 — or am expensive lottery ticket 

i would like the “socal Open rep” just to add the small likelihood of SJB and md coming down with Noro Virus in the SSD1 semis and CC and JSerra playing to rep 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:51 PM, Pops said:

I’ll give you the bet blackhatter is declining 

I know you’re a stand up guy that plays the ponies but your end is A. It large, given the odds 

are you comfortable letting someone hold 

I’m good with any of the regular CA guys except block 

Maybe @The Comish?

One clarification — DLS has to be in Open — I don’t want to lose the bet if DLS loses to Folsom and doesn’t make open and you dont want to give me 5:1 odds on DLS vs Narbonne.  Agreed?

Dear member,

According to the bylaws section 13 paragraph 74 line q. Strictly states:

q. "At no time shall the Comish or acting Comish, condone, or appear to condone, wagering on High School athletics.  Failure to heed said statute is grounds for immediate review, and possible slap on the wrist."

Moving forward please do not attempt to associate a member of the Executive Committee, or the high office of The Comish, with any form of delinquent acts or intentions or omissions, such as said behavior stated above.

Your membership has been put on probation.

Thank you for your future cooperation, and for being up front with your gambling addiction.

-The Comish

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Pops said:

May be an irrelevant distinction but I think it was DLS vs SoCal rep

@steeler01?

otherwise, yeah?

I admit steeler probably getting favorable odds 

started with blackhatter getting mouthy, I forced a put up or shut up that he predictably backed down on and steeler was lurking in the wings 

i wouldn’t say I’m lighting up a Benjy, but I think odds probably closer to 10:1.  Think if it as betting on an inside straight draw where you’re only getting 5:1 — or am expensive lottery ticket 

i would like the “socal Open rep” just to add the small likelihood of SJB and md coming down with Noro Virus in the SSD1 semis and CC and JSerra playing to rep 

Making bets on the open when your 0-1 and playing #24 in the country in 2 weeks on the road?

Bold. 

5 hours ago, The Comish said:

Dear member,

According to the bylaws section 13 paragraph 74 line q. Strictly states:

q. "At no time shall the Comish or acting Comish, condone, or appear to condone, wagering on High School athletics.  Failure to heed said statute is grounds for immediate review, and possible slap on the wrist."

Moving forward please do not attempt to associate a member of the Executive Committee, or the high office of The Comish, with any form of delinquent acts or intentions or omissions, such as said behavior stated above.

Your membership has been put on probation.

Thank you for your future cooperation, and for being up front with your gambling addiction.

-The Comish

So much for offer to sponsor the PG Christmas party with part of winnings 

i cant afford a slap on wrist 

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

So much for offer to sponsor the PG Christmas party with part of winnings 

i cant afford a slap on wrist 

Dear sir,

Upon review by our subcommittee on esteemed members, the panel found no wrong doing on your part, or any wrong intention on your part, related to said incident.

Please accept our profuse apologies regarding said incident, and your membership has been fully reinstated.

Thank you for your continued support for our fine message board, and our 2019 Holiday function.

-The Comish

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But you love spouting silly coaching cliches from a position of ignorance.

Do I?  Give examples..

You love talking big, and even try to sound intelligent from behind a keyboard.  But, it don’t work.  You are one truly dumb SOB, and the ignorance is, you’re the only one that don’t see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Do I?  Give examples..

OK.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:59 PM, FloTex said:

....and an indictment on STA’s sloppiness, undisciplined play, and horrible coaching.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:09 PM, FloTex said:

.... mainly because STA is that poorly coached.  As big as an advantage as STA has in personnel, DLS has in coaching.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:16 AM, FloTex said:

Its sad to watch a STA football game.  Just a collection of talent, running around. No team concept, no coaching at all.

Same song, different verse..... physically superior defense, horrible offense.  No QB play, and they can’t block a soul.

No way in hell STA is a top 10 team.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:22 AM, FloTex said:

But STA has issues, year after year, that goes beyond 1st game jitters.

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, FloTex said:

Do I?  Give examples..

You love talking big, and even try to sound intelligent from behind a keyboard.  But, it don’t work.  You are one truly dumb SOB, and the ignorance is, you’re the only one that don’t see it.

You want to know why he defends Harriot so much?

It's because Harriot and Smith let him keep a position as a historian at STA so he is obligated to defend the people who keep him up to date within the program

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FloTex said:

In about a three page stretch you repeated some of the most cliche-ridden dumbassery about STA coaching.

You topped it by claiming that they have no QB play despite the fact that they started a Sophomore with zero varsity experience on national television 3,000 miles away from home and he accounted for 3 TDs.

It's the height of laziness. Just repeat cliches instead of actually figuring out what's happening.

If the subject is STA coaching then I can guarantee that you're the ignorant one in the equation.

• Thumbs Down 1