OT: Trump launches military attack against Syrian airfield

BigDrop

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Although action need to be taken I wished it was under the UN flag, as someone else pointed out.  

Not sure what the exit strategy is, but not looking for a prolonged US engagement.  We will see how things unfold

Problem is the UN is completely useless. I'm tired of the US policing the world.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Those comments were made as a citizen, not as president...Number two is the fact that a bully must  be taken out,not appeased..Number three is Assad could bomb anybody and the slaughter of your is against all international law... James Brown said,"I d rather die on my feet than live on my knees". We must lead by example as that is what keeps us on top..We must send the message, "homey don't play". Make Syria a sandbox !!!!!!

The problem drummer is we WON'T make Syria a sandbox like we should. 

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

barry is still drawing that red line in the sand and trying to decide what to do.

In fairness the only difference is President Obama did what President Trump suggested he do. Get approval from congress first. He President Obama wanted to strike Syria he asked for Congress approval and was denied. So he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. I do agree once he drew the line he needed to act.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Why should we Jim? Why is it our problem and what do we do with the people. If we destroy their land where do you think they will go?

I'm being facetious. Problem is I could care less about anyone from Syria. But I do care about all our people in harm's way whether it be 1, 10, 100 or more. Do the job and get them home asap. 

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

I'm being facetious. Problem is I could care less about anyone from Syria. But I do care about all out people in harm's way whether it be 1, 10, 100 or more. Do the job and get them home asap. 

I agree with getting our people home asap. I just don't thin k it is our job and I don't think the "job" can ever be defined. Like I said these people have been killing themselves from the beginning of time. There is not a damn thing we will ever be able to do to stop it. I would help make a safe haven inside their borders for the people wanting peace. If that area was attacked I would unleash hell on the attackers. I would make an example of whoever tried me. This would be a UN mission not a US mission. As others have said today's UN is horrible. Hence the reason Trump has called them out. He has been proven correct in regards to the UN and others are now on board with him.

3 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Our military is so so so weak right now, the absolute weakest it's ever been in our history according to....donald.

I think we should save what few missiles we have left for bigger fish. Guess we got a few enemy airoplanes out of the picture though.xD

This stupid post shows what you know about "our" military. You wouldn't know a Marine from a boy scout, dick.

Our military is weaker then it has ever been you frigging rock.

27 minutes ago, concha said:

The Bill O'Reilly and coal miner drive-by posts are cute.

You are a fan of cute posts, aren't you? I seem to recall you questioning the funny bone of others who have questioned your attempts at being cute.

Maybe the posts were cute, maybe not. Let's let the coal miners decide. CMLM!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You are a fan of cute posts, aren't you? I seem to recall you questioning the funny bone of others who have questioned your attempts at being cute.

Maybe the posts were cute, maybe not. Let's let the coal miners decide. CMLM!

Mine ARE cute.

Yours are dumb.

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Maybe this will make Chip feel better.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4390330/Hillary-Clinton-called-air-strike-hours-earlier.html

Hillary Clinton called for the US to toughen up its response to Assad's atrocities just hours before Trump launched strikes on Syria

Wtf+is+wrong+with+hillary+s+left+eye+wtf+is+wrong_d568d3_6039035.gif

Yea but that was BEFORE Trump called for the airstrikes. Once Trump moved then she had a change if heart I'm sure. Same as sadaam hussein. Just go the hell away hillary. 

8 minutes ago, concha said:

Maybe this will make Chip feel better.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4390330/Hillary-Clinton-called-air-strike-hours-earlier.html

Hillary Clinton called for the US to toughen up its response to Assad's atrocities just hours before Trump launched strikes on Syria

Wtf+is+wrong+with+hillary+s+left+eye+wtf+is+wrong_d568d3_6039035.gif

Keep talking.....and,  I'll take out your water meter next. xD

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Sydney Morning Herald:  http://www.smh.com.au/world/live-us-launches-missiles-on-syria-what-we-know-so-far-20170407-gvfs3i.html  Australia was warned of the attack.  CNN also noted that other countries had advance notice.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39508784 is the BBC.  The article linked is critical of Trump and Tillyson.

http://www.straitstimes.com/global Singapore's Straits Times seems to totally support Trump's action.

I was flipping through international news channels late last night waiting for Russian press release and almost all the reports seemed to support the strike. Basically stating something had to be done and world was looking to us to do it. 

Putin doesn't want any part of our military...

No one does...

Its  all propaganda...