OT: Trump launches military attack against Syrian airfield

BigDrop

We shall see if force does the job this time. Ive never been a proponent of trying to negotiate with thug dictators when provoked. The problem with the US is we help get these low lifes into power, then we have to sacrifice American lives to remove them.

Seems we never learn to mind our own business sometimes.

On the other hand, being a pushover is never the answer either.

And neither is thinking they are being truthful about weapons stockpiles.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

• Like 1

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Bill Clinton ducked it as did many others..What branch did you serve in "??? If none, explain ..... I served with honor....

United States Marine Corps. 8 years. 0321/8541 MOS. E-6

Oregon and Texas National Guard. 4 years. 18B MOS. E-7

Glad you served with honor. Ill compare military resumes anytime you want to.

Doesnt mean you are always right. Usually, the loudest are seldom right.

Trumps ducking 5 times is disgraceful to me.

Carry on.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Just made a comparison,nothing more.. No deflection at all and who said he was a military leader ??? A president  uses military people for that purpose.   The last one in that position used military people too and he did not care for the military, but tolerated them.. What branch were you in??  Oh, the question was not directed to you and by bursting in uninvited, you gave rocking a way to duck out.. Don't interject you response again unless I have addressed you specifically,is that clear .... "Now, go get your shine box" !!!!

RockinL's response was not to you but Lamarfan, but once again you jumped in and brought up Clinton ducking service. Trump is CINC, so he's the leader of the military.

You're nothing more than an Internet tough guy;  I guess that saves you the embarrassment of trying to be one in person.  Stay in your safe space Drummer.   

I sense you are on the edge and about to go over the cliff.  

• Like 2

If trump changes his view now on Syrian refugees coming over this attack will have served a greater purpose.

Bombs on top of head or chemicals .....what's the big difference when children are involved.

Deep down, I feel like trump needed a bump though and that's his main motive.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Bill Clinton ducked it as did many others.. [...] I served with honor....

I, for one, appreciate your military service.

But pointing out that Bill C and others shirked their duty as citizens of this state doesn't make the current President less blameworthy for having done so himself. 

That's what we teach our kids, right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

We shall see if force does the job this time. Ive never been a proponent of trying to negotiate with thug dictators when provoked. The problem with the US is we help get these low lifes into power, then we have to sacrifice American lives to remove them.

there's a huge possibility Assad does not have chemical weapons..... the only people that believe Assad order those attacks are the Us and their allies

This appears  to be a continuation of spring cleaning ran by our Deep Dtate Government, where neither Obama nor Trump has much to do with (aside from take orders)

Just now, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

there's a huge possibility Assad does not have chemical weapons..... the only people that believe Assad order those attacks are the Us and their allies

This appears  to be a continuation of spring cleaning ran by our Deep Dtate Government, where neither Obama nor Trump has much to do with (aside from take orders)

He has killed 1/2 a million people the last few years. Ill stick by my opinion he is a murderous thug.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

A huge possibility he doesnt have them? You kidding me? Even if they were destroyed/gotten rid of 3-4 years ago... he couldve easily gotten his hands on some more.

Dont be naive. Everybody lies.... everybody. Especially people like Assad that believe they are larger than life.

These UN checks for WMDs/chemical weapons are jokes. They are checking facilities that the country itself discloses.

5 hours ago, rockinl said:

You should warn the audience before posting this pic 

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/08/an-ex-breitbart-executive-warns-that-bannons-dismissal-from-the/22031776/ is from AOL News this afternoon.  It is a discussion of what might happen if Bannon leaves the White House.  

FWIW I am not a fan of either Bannon or a Royal Family.

Nikki Haley to Jake Tappert on CNN which will be aired tomorrow morning at 9:00AM EST:  "if he needs to do more, he'll do more so really now what happens depends on how everyone responds to what happened in Syria and makes sure that we start moving towards a political solution and we start finding peace in that area."  (Exact quote)  "Regime change is something that we think is going to happen."

More bombs fell today on the same town that was hit on Tuesday.  At least 16 people died in the new round of bombing.

Given the number of warring factions nobody is moving towards any kind of peace any time soon.  Trump seems to feel that he (and his son in law) can bring peace to Syria.  Never mind the ethnic, sectarian and regligious differences.  Robert Baer (exact quote):  "I don't think the Trump administration understands the complexity of Syria. We are wandering into a quagmire here of enormous consequences with Iran and Russia on the ground. This is not going well."

I, for one, am not prepared to start fighting everyone else on earth.  Trump may feel differently.  He seems to now feel that the American military is behind him and will support him in whatever he decides to pursue. 

The bully believes that he has an army available to do his bidding.

6 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/08/an-ex-breitbart-executive-warns-that-bannons-dismissal-from-the/22031776/ is from AOL News this afternoon.  It is a discussion of what might happen if Bannon leaves the White House.  

FWIW I am not a fan of either Bannon or a Royal Family.

Nikki Haley to Jake Tappert on CNN:  "if he needs to do more, he'll do more so really now what happens depends on how everyone responds to what happened in Syria and makes sure that we start moving towards a political solution and we start finding peace in that area."  (Exact quote)

More bombs fell today on the same town that was hit on Tuesday.  At least 16 people died in the new round of bombing.

Given the number of warring factions nobody is moving towards any kind of peace any time soon.  Trump seems to feel that he (and his son in law) can bring peace to Syria.

I, for one, am not prepared to start fighting everyone else on earth.  Trump may feel differently.  He seems to now feel that the American military is behind him and will support him in whatever he decides to pursue.

So the article is essentially saying Bannon and Breitbert would blackmail Trump if Bannon is fired. This is insane to admit that to a reporter.

18 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So the article is essentially saying Bannon and Breitbert would blackmail Trump if Bannon is fired. This is insane to admit that to a reporter.

Interesting that we now have the implication that Bannon and Breitbart would blackmail Trump along with the former national security adviser who wants immunity to testify, apparently, against Trump.  Then there is Mannaport and a number of other interesting people who were fired by Trump including the acting Attorney General.  

Outside of Trump's family, who is there who might conceivably agree with him?

At least Trump is consistent:  from the beginning it has been only him who has been right.  Nothing has changed.

At some point several Generals are going to have a decision to make-if he doesn't try to replace them first. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Interesting that we now have the implication that Bannon and Breitbart would blackmail Trump along with the former national security adviser who wants immunity to testify, apparently, against Trump.  Then there is Mannaport and a number of other interesting people who were fired by Trump including the acting Attorney General.  

Outside of Trump's family, who is there who might conceivably agree with him?

At least Trump is consistent:  from the beginning it has been only him who has been right.  Nothing has changed.

At some point several Generals are going to have a decision to make-if he doesn't try to replace them first. 

I see him running out of options for replacing high level people before to much damage is done.  However, the speed that things happen around him, anything is possible.  I'm more worried about his decision making processes than I am about Syria and even N. Korea.  His unpredictable style is great for playing poker maybe but not great at putting me at ease.

15 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

What has happened is, Jared Kushner and Ivanka have turned Trump into W., and the guy who was the real mastermind behind Trump winning the election is displeased. Extremely displeased. We are probably going to witness a "war" or already have been witnessing a "war" between plutocrats who want to be the power behind the scenes. The real president. The one we don't see, the one who shapes the conservative movement. A battle royale of sorts between Robert Mercer and daughter Rebekah, and the Koch brothers. 

Robert Mercer proved that if you want to be the puppeteer of the conservative movement, all you have to do is buy your own media and set it afloat with the basis of your philosophy and watch it grow into your own personal laser beam. 

Maybe they learned this from the Kochs and the Soros of the world, but there is no doubt that he has arrived as a powerful player behind the scenes. Breitbart controls a huge swath of the right's voter block and can make or break some of the most powerful politicians on the right with a few hundred keystrokes here and a few there. The marionette can not have a life of it's own. It's required that a puppeteer moves their hands in order to make that marionette move. In the case of Robert Mercer and Breitbart, Mercer is the puppeteer and Breitbart and it's ilk is the strings. Bannon is the connecting coupling between the strings and the marionette. 

Mercer shakes his hand on the marionettist's paddle and the twitter and internet trolls start playing. Breitbart drops a story and the trolls run with it until the strings tighten enough that the newly heavy arms and mouth of the marionette move and Bannon throws his voice out of the marionettes mouth like an expert ventriloquist. 

It appears that most recently, the Kochs have found the arms and mouth of the marionette much lighter to control using their marionettist's paddle. They drop their stories through FOX, and their establishment strings connect to the marionette via Kushner and Ivanka. Their strings are much more noticeably civilized, and their ilk is not an army of trolls. 

It's an interesting battle brewing. Not in Syria, but right here in America. Hidden just in the stratosphere above all us peons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

To put it in perspective Syria is the size of the State of Washington.....problem is Syria has a population of 22 million (well probably less now)....and,

no one can put a clamp on Syria.

Bombs away!

smdh

They are human beings just like you and I.  Unfortunately this is a country that has had civil war, religious war and essentially terrorist gangs of one kind or another AND a dictator along with outside armies and air forces from Iran and Russia.  

And Trump now thinks he can drag America into this.  For what?  So Americans can be killed?  So $20-50 million dollar planes can be blown up?  So we can spend several billion or more dollars?  What do we get?  Nothing.  Except a larger war, perhaps with Iran or even Russia. What does he get?  Topic is changed and he becomes a war president with the Russians supporting him temporarily off the table, he gets widespread support and his lies are believed while the press is partly silenced.

Trump is going to take us to war with someone; he is doing his best to change every value that this country stands for.  As for the innocent children who were bombed why doesn't he bring them here to our hospitals?  

I am serious:  I believe our ultimate hope will be the Generals and their consciences and their love of the United States.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Unfortunately this is a country that has had civil war, religious war and essentially terrorist gangs of one kind or another AND a dictator along with outside armies and air forces from Iran and Russia.  

it amazes me Syria still had a air base/airport left to bomb....

It's all a crock of political BS...

19 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Okay, so ISIL wanted the chemical labs for nothing 2 years ago... or don't you remember this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/22/isil-carrying-out-chemical-experiments-on-its-prisoners-as-it-mo/

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Okay, so ISIL wanted the chemical labs for nothing 2 years ago... or don't you remember this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/22/isil-carrying-out-chemical-experiments-on-its-prisoners-as-it-mo/

Not sure how this relates to my post.... except lending more credence to it

you realize Assad is fighting Isil right?

America has essentially provided ISIS with air support in its fight against Assad

m0st independent journalists around the world insist Isis was responsible for the chemical attack... not Assad

yiu realize those are two competing factions 

21 hours ago, rockinl said:

He has killed 1/2 a million people the last few years. Ill stick by my opinion he is a murderous thug.

I don't dispute that at all

but when he killed close to half a million people, the same folks in congress praising Trump wouldn't give Obama approval for military action.

hell many of the same people praising Trump wouldn't even take in these people as refugees

now that Assad has allegedly killed much less all systems are a go.....makes little sense

-------

also there was absolutely no benefit in Assad gassing his own people... and many foreign governments claim the people they're fightin did this

Trumo couldn't have been better ...for Isis

• Like 1