OT: Trump launches military attack against Syrian airfield

BigDrop

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Please everyone, please:  this is as serious an event as has happened since this board was founded.  

Please, respect for what is happening which may affect many of us in one way or another.

I don't think anything major will happen at all. A few leaders will talk tough and make blind threats for propaganda and after a few days life back to normal. 

We are just far to powerful for a country to war with us. 

If any country declared war vs us the ROE would change, hands would be untied and results would be devastating for whomever decided to meet their "god". 

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

And he was 100% correct and we have more Esprit de Corps than any group you will find.  May God watch over our Brother.  He earned the EGA and is my brother as well.

Semper Fi.  I support my President in this action and big shout out to the NAVY for projecting our Force in Readiness.  Any Marine that has been to Sea knows how hard those damn Swabbies work and they are damn good at what they do. Long live NAVMC.  The force of readiness around the World.  Let's all hope this doesn't result into a deeper conflict for us.  One thing I learned as a Marine You can never fire a round and think that is the end of it. Eventually you will get incoming.   

You know I have to disagree with you and THC... ???

Hooooah! 

• Like 1

Just now, concha said:

The Bill O'Reilly and coal miner drive-by posts are cute.

Perhaps if we had had a POTUS with stones the past 8 years, this would not have happened.

The difference between OReilly and a middle class sexual predator? The middle class guy doesnt have $13 million in hush money.

• Like 2

Mother Russia have responded

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-ups-ante-freezing-communications-us-syria-131416324.html

Russia ups ante by freezing communications with US in Syria

Russia reacted to U.S. military strikes on its ally Syria Friday by cutting a hotline intended to prevent midair incidents, a response that demonstrates Moscow's readiness to defy Washington and could even put the two nuclear superpowers on a course toward military confrontation.

President Vladimir Putin signaled he was ready to risk a clash with the U.S. and abandon hopes for mending ties with the U.S. under President Donald Trump, rather than accept the humiliation of standing by while his ally is bombed.

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Mother Russia have responded

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-ups-ante-freezing-communications-us-syria-131416324.html

Russia ups ante by freezing communications with US in Syria

Russia reacted to U.S. military strikes on its ally Syria Friday by cutting a hotline intended to prevent midair incidents, a response that demonstrates Moscow's readiness to defy Washington and could even put the two nuclear superpowers on a course toward military confrontation.

President Vladimir Putin signaled he was ready to risk a clash with the U.S. and abandon hopes for mending ties with the U.S. under President Donald Trump, rather than accept the humiliation of standing by while his ally is bombed.

All for show. The message was sent and recvd loud and clear.

I am no expert on this.  I like everyone have no idea what this will lead to.  Never underestimate your enemy and never believe anyone is afraid of you.  I will leave now.  Just posted about the Russians and here is drone footage from them of the aftermath of the U.S. Strikes.

US Destroyer launching Missiles

There are specific points in time where intelligence gathers dangerous intel, whether it be the high probabliliity of the use of chemical weapons such as saran gas or some other dangerous threat, in which a statement needs to be made rapidly.   I'd be willing to bet this was one of those times.

What will be interesting to follow will be the freeze in the airspace aggreement between Russia and the US.   Both will most likely try and flex their Air superiority muscles.   

Barry McCaffrey (who I like a lot):  "I wonder if Assad was in charge of his own military."  Finds it "bizarre" that he would use saran gas against civilians since he already had control and there was no reason to use it.  Also wonders if the Russians knew about this.  For McCaffrey the implication is that there is a possibility that someone else made the decision to use saran gas.

McCaffrey adds that it is Trump's next move that is the most important. It could involve North Korea or Iran. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

The problem with barry's lines in the sand is they were constantly moving.

In an early Republican presidential debate, some liberal moderator was trying to trip Ben Carson into saying exactly what he said, which was basically in response to "If Russia violated a no fly zone, what would you do?" and his answer was something like "enforce it"

The libs labeled Carson a war-mongering fanatic for the answer, but if you're not going to enforce it, why have it

The problem w/ Obie's lines in the sand is everyone knew they could be ignored with impunity

21 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Russia would be extremely formidable in an Asian land war

They should give the USN a very wide berth

32 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

FWIW:  video of Trump and the Chinese President show them strolling on the lawn in Florida.  They both looked  in good spirits, natural, amicable, laughing, totally at ease with each other.  I honestly think they really hit it off

You think they really hit it off based on a clip of them walking together?

They may have or may not have, but...C'mon, man.

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

You think they really hit it off based on a clip of them walking together?

They may have or may not have, but...C'mon, man.

IDK man Yahoo reporting The first lady had her dress shortened by a couple of inches for their luncheon. The Donald pulling out all the stops.