OT: Trump launches military attack against Syrian airfield

BigDrop

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

In an early Republican presidential debate, some liberal moderator was trying to trip Ben Carson into saying exactly what he said, which was basically in response to "If Russia violated a no fly zone, what would you do?" and his answer was something like "enforce it"

The libs labeled Carson a war-mongering fanatic for the answer, but if you're not going to enforce it, why have it

The problem w/ Obie's lines in the sand is everyone knew they could be ignored with impunity

The entire world laughed at us and barry hussein. They knew he was full if it.

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Yep get ready for Trump was in cahoots with Russia. The Russians released the gas so that Trump could launch a strike.

I'm not sure that Trump was in cahoots, but Russia was working hard to influence him by getting some of their "friendlies" in with him. Thankfully, some leaks, not the wiki kind, exposed some of them, so they're either removed or their roles diminished.

Just my opinion on it. 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

As long as Gorsuch doesn't vote like Roberts did on healthcare and such issues.

I think he will do what he was selected for. Make fair decisions and uphold the constitution of the great United States of America. Cant make all the people happy all the time.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

I think he will do what he was selected for. Make fair decisions and uphold the constitution of the great United States of America. Cant make all the people happy all the time.

To be honest I'm not worried about all the people all the time. If you know what I mean.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

He may not want to come West Palm Beach...We have guns here,stay armed,have several pistol ranges and have a great place to fire big weapons..Fla has good open carry and NRA is alive and well here..

I hear you kill unarmed black kids wearing hoodies as well?

2 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I don't think so... he was a dick.. and a bitch... but once he was getting his ass pummeled by a kid, he had a right to defend himself

Again in y opinion the only reason he was getting his ass kicked was because he was looking for trouble. He wanted to use his gun that night

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I don't think so... he was a dick.. and a bitch... but once he was getting his ass pummeled by a kid, he had a right to defend himself

and what was his culpability for creating that circumstance? 

and would he have created it if he did not have a gun and knowledge of that statue. 

If you are not going to convict him of murder, you DO need to convict him of something. 

Think of the irony if the kid had a gun, legally and shot him as he clearly felt threatened. 

It's  a bad law and there is a reason the jury almost instantly regretted their decision. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Wish there was a way we couldve stayed out of the Middle East in General.... 

SHIRLEY you JEST? The gubment continues to behave as Barry did the past eight years! And you'll have RAG HEAD CITIES in the USA! These clowns don't want to assimilate SHIT! They want to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

SHIRLEY you JEST? The gubment continues to behave as Barry did the past eight years! And you'll have RAG HEAD CITIES in the USA! These clowns don't want to assimilate SHIT! They want to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Your fellow republicans here love you being on their team........you represent everything the GOP is today and much more!

Congrats

On 4/6/2017 at 8:43 PM, Drummer61 said:

Maybe, but no more appeasing... Assad will go...

Appeasing...if you call wanting to minimize unecessary U.S. conflict with other countries appeasing, more power to ya. All far right Republicans like you ever care about is power, fame and war but could give two shits about the ones actually out there fighting the war. Pretty sick. 

Now as for this thread topic, this is the first action by Donny that I am actually not totally against. He had good reason to do what he did. But I will say that fuckin' around with dictators has never ended in good results and never will. We do not need another major war right now.

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Wish there was a way we couldve stayed out of the Middle East in General.... 

If our country wasn't full of a bunch of idiots, putting militant oil hungry leaders in office the past few decades....the above would be reality instead of a wish.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/horrible-pictures-of-suffering-moved-trump-to-action-on-syria/2017/04/07/9aa9fcc8-1bce-11e7-8003-f55b4c1cfae2_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_trumpdecision-910pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ee11bf7201b7

Now that emotions and fears have quieted down for the moment this is an extremely interesting analysis which I agree with.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39532237 is an interesting analysis of whether or not Trump needed congressional approval for the strikes from the BBC.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/china-muted-over-syrian-strikes-as-president-xi-jinping-meets-donald-trump-20170408-gvgp98.html is an interesting commentary on the Chinese reaction to the attacks.  This is from the Sydney Morning Herald.

https://www.nytimes.com/ Today's (Saturday) headline is the relationship between the U. S. and Russia.  

And, FWIW, within the last hour it has been announced that once again Syrian/Russian planes have launched new air attacks in Syria...

...Trump just started a round of golf.

5 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

International media almost uniformly believes that Assad could not and would not have ordered those attacks

I started as a huge cynic of Trump from early in his campaign and only became more of one over time.  I suspended it with our air strikes as noted earlier in this thread.  Now, several days later, on reflection I am only more of a cynic.

Tillerson is on television talking about removing Assad.  This is incredible to even have this discussion.  For me it shows no fundamental understanding of the many warring factions while also seeming to risk serious confrontation with Russia.

• Like 1