IMG is history....

BigDrop

I have a lengthy post on the Sporting News thread about three schools in their top ten who are all from the Washington Catholic League.  Two from Southern CA are in the top five and #1 is from Texas.  Should I mention Philly?  Or SFA?

IMG is #7.

A top athlete in CA can stay home.  A top athlete in the mid Atlantic may find others moving in to play with them.  Then there is Florida.

Arguably STA pulls among the best from the 6 or 7 million in South Florida.  For an athlete near Miami there is simply no need to live in a dorm in Bradenton.  Certainly there is no need to move from L.A. or Houston or D.C.

I’m suggesting IMG’s run is just about over.  A lot of top athletes will do just as well to stay home...with their families.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I have a lengthy post on the Sporting News thread about three schools in their top ten are all from the Washington Catholic League.  Two from Southern CA are in the top five and #1 is from Texas.  Should I mention Philly?  Or SFA?

IMG is #7.

A top athlete in CA can stay home.  A top athlete in the mid Atlantic may find others moving in to play with them.  Then there is Florida.

Arguably STA pulls among the best from the 6 or 7 million in South Florida.  For an athlete near Miami there is simply no need to live in a dorm in Bradenton.  Certainly there is no need to move from L.A. or Houston or D.C.

I’m suggesting IMG’s run is just about over.  A lot of top athletes will do just as well to stay home...with their families.

STA isn't pulling many high profile transfers and lack a good QB

They are not best team in SFL

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

STA isn't pulling many high profile transfers and lack a good QB

They are not best team in SFL

But you understand my point:  there is a national level of excellence and competition for someone who has talent-to fully develop it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

I have a lengthy post on the Sporting News thread about three schools in their top ten who are all from the Washington Catholic League.  Two from Southern CA are in the top five and #1 is from Texas.  Should I mention Philly?  Or SFA?

IMG is #7.

IMG isnt done yet this year, they wont be just #7 much longer. Theyve pulled in multiple top athletes just the last few weeks.

Elias Ricks, Demonte Capehart, & Jermaine Burton all just transferred to IMG. As did Lovasea Carroll.

Thats the #1 CB, #2 DT, #6 ATH & a top 10 WR.

Your post is premature.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

IMG will survive due to parents needing to stroke their egos.

Some of these dads probably jack off to the acceptance letter their kid receives. Lol

Img will survive unless they get caught doing something fucking retarded which happens a lot, almost happened with the SATs over the summer .. they will survive  because the college recruiters they got on staff and because they have an unlimited amount of cash to have to fund the program, they will always have state of the art equipment and facilities 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

IMG isnt done yet this year, they wont be just #7 much longer. Theyve pulled in multiple top athletes just the last few weeks.

Elias Ricks, Demonte Capehart, & Jermaine Burton all just transferred to IMG. As did Lovasea Carroll.

Thats the #1 CB, #2 DT, #6 ATH & a top 10 WR.

Your post is premature.

They still will never have a team as good as 2016 anytime soon 

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Except one of the best players in California just transferred from MD to IMG so no.The IMG attractions are still there 

He didn’t leave cause he was attracted to IMG he left MD cause of many reason, including not being able to skip the spring semester...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

He didn’t leave cause he was attracted to IMG he left MD cause of many reason, including not being able to skip the spring semester...

Whatever the reason he could have gone anywhere and he decided to go across the country to IMG.Which proves they still have pull on exceptional athletes 

12 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Y’all Cali dudes broke the seal, now everybody skipping senior year.. shit I heard Folsom’s 8th graders are bypassing HS and are going straight to Sacramento State university 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/03/big-time-2022-dl-tyler-booker-the-latest-nj-player-to-migrate-to-floridas-img-why-are-players-making-the-move.html

Booker had Greg Toal as a DL coach and with Malone, a pretty sick combo for years to come on the DL. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back.   Maybe something internal caused the move or the lure of an IMG scholie was too much to “sack” (UK term).  

NJ has been buying IMG, but majority through the years were from public schools in less desirable locations.  With Booker, East Orange living with an uncle vs Bradenton IMG campus I’d say is a tiny bit of an upgrade.  :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I spoke to Coach Wright about Booker this week. He’s absolutely killing it so far. Excelling on both sides of the ball. He’s a “special player” says KW. 

That's cool.   I always like to see the NJ kids excel.   I like Malone's dedication and drive (good article read somewhere online) and look forward to seeing him play vs STA.   

This season hopefully Ruiz takes it up a notch at center and has an elite year and prepares for a draft pick... or wait another year perhaps if things don't go as planned.   

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

His dedication is unprecedented. Choosing to leave his home state of CT to attend NJ power BC, live with his uncle in less than stellar East Orange, then take advantage of the oppty of a lifetime to attend IMG. The kid has set his goals high and will do whatever it takes to achieve them. Much respect. 

Indeed.  Both he and Malone same deal, just two different locations.  

Speaking of transfers, there was a Palm Beach article the other day about Dwyer's dismantling of talent among other moves.   PBC is the wild west now per one coach's comment... many don't reach Broward or Dade and shuffle withing the county.   Shame to see Dwyer down, but when a legendary coach retires, the choice to replace may not be a popular choice.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Do they offer these kids anything else ??....IE what about their academics ??? Free passes ??

To an employer later in life, which looks better:  a high school diploma from a good academic program or IMG?

DeMatha will promote that the  starting Princeton qb is a DM grad.  Or Harvard has a DM grad starting on its basketball team.

Does IMG?

What exactly would having a 4.0 average at IMG mean?

• Like 1