Kryptonite Opponents

Sammyswordsman

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Top 5 Cali team who beat a champ from the 3rd biggest class from Texas. 

I think 1st round loser Trinity beating State Champ DLS up and down the field for 4 quarters was much more impressive. 

If California actually played the top 6A teams from Texas it would be a bloodbath. 

Outside of 2 IMG-wannabes California is crazy basic and gets exposed annually. Pumping your chest about SJB and MD is false bravado. It actually proves Cali is weak given the fact they have to stack two all star teams just to compete nationally. 

Remember the good ole days of vinyl records and every so often a scratch would cause it to play the same thing over and over?  

Thanks for the thought Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip.... 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Remember the good ole days of vinyl records and every so often a scratch would cause it to play the same thing over and over?  

Thanks for the thought Skip, Skip, Skip, Skip.... 

So basically I’m spitting the same facts just over and over again. 

I’m sorry, I just love this song 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Let's cut the crap.....

Georgia's kryptonite opponents come from Arizona and NJ

Florida's kryptonite opponents come from Arizona and NJ

Cali's kryptonite opponents come from GA and FL

Texas kryptonite opponents come from Nevada

Arizona's kryptonite opponents come from Cali 

Hope this helps. 

A few elite level AZ teams winning don't make them FL kryptonite

Let's see a team outside of AZ top 5 come to FL and win then we can discuss the idea 

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You can twist it anyway you like.  ET returned 5 starters.  The 150 kids is just a byproduct of them being a 6AD1 school.  Katy, Allen, lake travis and several others can do the same thing with numbers. 

injuries are a part of the game.  Those players played, just played banged up.  

ET didn't develop quality backups nor have a balanced offensive attack.  It is what it is.  

When you’re trying to make point about how little trinity returned by citing 5 starters and don’t mention that 3 were 3-year starters at QB and RB and DL nor that trinity rotates so May kids that “starter” often just means upperclassman

ditto describing them as a first round loser without acknowledging those injuries nor that they beat your state champ 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Horsefly said:

The opponent had a lot to do with that underperformance.  

When they were eliminated from the playoffs they were considered the #2 team in TX and top 10 national by every poll and computer 

DLS travelled under circumstances that many feel is a 1-2 TD underdog in a hs game and lost a close game on the last play where they appeared to most to be the better team 

I said before the game that I thought DLS was best team in country but that game was a coin flip — I was giving Trinity the respect they were due and later proved beyond DLS by beating your state champ — there’s a reason why they have been a top TX program for more than a decade 

DLS got a chance to redeem themselves by destroying a slate of quality opponents before beating the then consensus #1 team in the country 

your and T-Ball’s take that this proves DLS would be just another team in TX has some bias in its logic — I say that as a native Texan

im not going to lose any sleep over it but would suggest that if your state NOT travel and basically have colluded to insist on hosting you not then be insensitive to not acknowledge the travel to TX in August 

DLS appeared to be a TD or two better than a full strength trinity which beat your D2 champ and was considered only behind allen when healthy 

how is that failing to live up to the hype?

trinity deserved the win — that’s not what I’m saying — you know what i’m saying 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

A few elite level AZ teams winning don't make them FL kryptonite

Let's see a team outside of AZ top 5 come to FL and win then we can discuss the idea 

I'm calling a fair shake on this one.

All states included seem to catch hell from other states' teams. Just like Georgia.... AZ and NJ has our number in head to head match-ups. Same thing with Florida.... AZ teams seem to give FL teams hell and so forth and so forth. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DLS350 said:

Trinity didn’t beat DLS up and down the field. I think it was a poorly played game by both teams. You take away that fumble return td in that pic and DLS wins. Even with that TD, DLS was still ahead a half time and only lost by less than a TD.

You take away the points that trinity scored and dls wins. Great logic

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texasvic said:

You take away the points that trinity scored and dls wins. Great logic

You miss the point entirely, figures! That single play defined the game, and that TD was the margin of victory for ET. Yes, take that away and DLS wins. Did DLS win, no, they lost and I accept that. People try to predict a game based on offense, defense and special teams. That type of play can’t be predicted and in this case, turned the game in ET’s favor. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Let's cut the crap.....

Georgia's kryptonite opponents come from Arizona and NJ

Florida's kryptonite opponents come from Arizona and NJ

Cali's kryptonite opponents come from GA and FL

Texas kryptonite opponents come from Nevada

Arizona's kryptonite opponents come from Cali 

Hope this helps. 

Texas doesn’t have a long enough history with NV for them to be our kryptonite.  The overall series is 2-2 anyways. 

13 hours ago, Pops said:

When they were eliminated from the playoffs they were considered the #2 team in TX and top 10 national by every poll and computer 

DLS travelled under circumstances that many feel is a 1-2 TD underdog in a hs game and lost a close game on the last play where they appeared to most to be the better team 

I said before the game that I thought DLS was best team in country but that game was a coin flip — I was giving Trinity the respect they were due and later proved beyond DLS by beating your state champ — there’s a reason why they have been a top TX program for more than a decade 

DLS got a chance to redeem themselves by destroying a slate of quality opponents before beating the then consensus #1 team in the country 

your and T-Ball’s take that this proves DLS would be just another team in TX has some bias in its logic — I say that as a native Texan

im not going to lose any sleep over it but would suggest that if your state NOT travel and basically have colluded to insist on hosting you not then be insensitive to not acknowledge the travel to TX in August 

DLS appeared to be a TD or two better than a full strength trinity which beat your D2 champ and was considered only behind allen when healthy 

how is that failing to live up to the hype?

trinity deserved the win — that’s not what I’m saying — you know what i’m saying 

Where are you getting this from?  Katy was the undisputed heavyweight champ in Texas that yr.  And ET may have beaten SC north shore that season but so did manvel and Westfield.  

Lake travis had the body of work to finish #2 in Texas behind Katy.  

I never discounted DLS and their traveling, but the game is brought up as a dig for when folks try ripping TX for Aledo and Amat.  It’s just fun pops, don’t take it so seriously.  

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, Cedar Hill kept it close for the longest.... but BG decided to turn up the heat after that. Tate pretty much beat Cedar Hill running the ball. 

I didn’t mind the outcome so much, it was the Chill HC before the game with all the “come and take it!” challenge that was embarrassing considering the beat down 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I never discounted DLS and their traveling, but the game is brought up as a dig for when folks try ripping TX for Aledo and Amat.  It’s just fun pops, don’t take it so seriously.  

I get this 

would be nice to base the bragging rights of two of top three power states on more than two games — puts a lot at stake on the interpretations 

let me ask you this about TX hsfb — seems from afar that a new breed of privates is basically operating within the current rules to create the best group of private’s schools with elite public or better talent — AND, these schools may have a different financial structure/ incentive to travel to elite National OOS schools — nothing near SJB/ MD but directionally more than the two Jesuits and growing fast 

a). Fair take?

b). If so, don’t you foresee a period of angst/ pushback from Publics and how do you see playing out (don’t think the governing body could stop if they wanted, right)

1 minute ago, Pops said:

I get this 

would be nice to base the bragging rights of two of top three power states on more than two games — puts a lot at stake on the interpretations 

let me ask you this about TX hsfb — seems from afar that a new breed of privates is basically operating within the current rules to create the best group of private’s schools with elite public or better talent — AND, these schools may have a different financial structure/ incentive to travel to elite National OOS schools — nothing near SJB/ MD but directionally more than the two Jesuits and growing fast 

a). Fair take?

b). If so, don’t you foresee a period of angst/ pushback from Publics and how do you see playing out (don’t think the governing body could stop if they wanted, right)

I use to think privates would make a push but a few have had their rosters depleted from school budget cuts.  This shows me they don’t have the staying power like publics. 

Deion Sanders school TC Cedar hill is probably the best private school in TAPPS and they are a loooonng way from the best of 6A. 

10 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Where are you getting this from?  Katy was the undisputed heavyweight champ in Texas that yr.  And ET may have beaten SC north shore that season but so did manvel and Westfield.  

Lake travis had the body of work to finish #2 in Texas behind Katy.  

Fwiw

i said when they were knocked out of playoffs

they were top 10 National in every poll, human or computer (95%) and #2 in TX —  I thought I recalled to allen — am I remembering wrong — I believe the take in TX changed from mine to yours during playoffs (IOW, the eventual undisputed champ wasn’t higher than #3 in any TX poll?)

Just now, Horsefly said:

I use to think privates would make a push but a few have had their rosters depleted from school budget cuts.  This shows me they don’t have the staying power like publics. 

Deion Sanders school TC Cedar hill is probably the best private school in TAPPS and they are a loooonng way from the best of 6A. 

Just seems like it’s one successful school away from others hopping on board 

the MD team that’ll be going for a 3-peat MNC this year was enabled by SJB and Jason Negro in 2013 

I think the barn door is open