SO, 3 Perennial Powers got LAMBASTED this Weekend and Thoughts

RedZone

By the average score of 42-10.

Couple quick thoughts

1-We can wrap California UP Week 1 of their season. Mater Dei or SJB will crush DLS...the rest is just a lot of useless "filler babble" until then. Some amusing, some not so much, I guess.

2-St Frances Academy is illegal and will not win a state championship.

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Couple quick thoughts

1-We can wrap California UP Week 1 of their season. Mater Dei or SJB will crush DLS...the rest is just a lot of useless "filler babble" until then. Some amusing, some not so much, I guess.

Oh and DFB is terrible 

DFB is talented. They could maybe eventually get it together, but I ain't buying. 

I was expecting more out of Miami Central. Their KOC was a little scary and then they get rolled by one of the super teams. Not sure what to make of them just yet. 

Marietta needs some run defense. 

Colquitt needs some more tuning on the o-line.

Not sure if this got covered on the CKKC t.v. coverage, but, Colquitt's starting kickers had a disciplinary issue arise this week and the kid that kicked in the game yesterday just rejoined the team on Wednesday. He was good for a field goal and all p.a.t. attempts, and kicked every kick off through the end zone for a touch back. Amazing performance imo. Give that kid the golden Hawg award for the game. It's great to be that blessed at the position that a kid could not have practiced with the team since early spring and show back up and have that type of game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

We can wrap California UP Week 1 of their season. Mater Dei or SJB will crush DLS...the rest is just a lot of useless "filler babble" until then. Some amusing, some not so much, I guess.

What do you expect? MD and SJB are Academy Teams. They shouldn't even be included in this conversation. 

Anyone who says otherwise is just a troll. 

imgoodonmyknees is a freaking oily smelling jackass. Real waste of time. Fuck him.

National expert, Jeff "football Fisher"

#21 Deerfield Beach (Florida)

PrepNation

#8 Deerfield, FL in the SE

The Florida "experts" had Deerfield Beach #6 in the state.....columbiagirl had Deerfield Beach #8, right below St Thomas Aquinas.

https://floridahsfootball.com/2019/08/18/rankings-week-1-florida-top-25-classification-rankings/

and

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Couple quick thoughts

Private schools can't compete for state championships in Maryland.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

DFB is talented. They could maybe eventually get it together, but I ain't buying. 

I was expecting more out of Miami Central. Their KOC was a little scary and then they get rolled by one of the super teams. Not sure what to make of them just yet. 

Marietta needs some run defense. 

Colquitt needs some more tuning on the o-line.

Not sure if this got covered on the CKKC t.v. coverage, but, Colquitt's starting kickers had a disciplinary issue arise this week and the kid that kicked in the game yesterday just rejoined the team on Wednesday. He was good for a field goal and all p.a.t. attempts, and kicked every kick off through the end zone for a touch back. Amazing performance imo. Give that kid the golden Hawg award for the game. It's great to be that blessed at the position that a kid could not have practiced with the team since early spring and show back up and have that type of game. 

The announcers stated that Miami Central had that “Deer in headlights” look when they realized how big St. Francis was. 

It was a complete mismatch, there wasn’t much they could do.

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

If the top Louisiana team played md, sjb, SFA, they would get beat just as bad if not worse. I’m not sure why you haven’t grasped this yet? Actually, I forgot who I’m speaking to ..... nevermind. 

Guess you feel better or something...who knows?...You know, sally?

How points routinely fly over your head is one of life's greatest mysteries...right up there with where is Cleopatra's tomb? 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the SFA team. I have never seen that many HSFB players with size and talent on one team. 

It was impressive and scary at the same time.   Good thing is if someone is going to be able to beat them it's MD.   This game might get more hype than IMG vs MD last year.    

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

High school football has become a bunch of little chumps trying to slay a couple or 3 dragons.......if chump hits dragon one time it's a win for chump and chump is to be respected. LMAO.

Meanwhile, if chump team from state A beats snother chump from state B all's well, I suppose. :D

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

The SFA team we saw yesterday vs 2016 BG... who wins?

No contest: St. Francis.

Think about this. North Shore last season was the first team to leave me in awe at how ridiculously big some of their players were. 

St. Francis Academy has 1-up’d that by a considerable margin. Like I stated earlier; They look more like a Junior College squad than an actual high school team. 

Bishop Gorman 2016 was an extremely talented bunch with Tate but I don’t believe anyone was in awe by their size, Maybe moreso by their finesse and team chemistry. They would get pushed around by St. Francis too but I don’t believe they would get stomped like what just happened with Miami Central.

I believe this would be a better question to ask after St. Francis completes their season.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

The announcers stated that Miami Central had that “Deer in headlights” look when they realized how big St. Francis was. 

And to think MC put it on STA and made IMG  work really hard in a late 4th Q comeback.    That being said this MC team was not as talented or as large along the lines, but it was a very impressive win for SFA.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So if SFA is Tier 1, then are any  Fla teams also in Tier 1?

A better question is will California be Tier 1 after St. Francis Academy visits because Calpreps seems to believe this St. Francis bunch puts 2017 Mater Dei down. That’s kind of alarming considering that Mater Dei squad is considered one of the all-time high school football greats.

neutral field
[2019] St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD) 46,[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 14

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

A better question is will California be Tier 1 after St. Francis Academy visits because Calpreps seems to believe this St. Francis bunch puts 2017 Mater Dei down. That’s kind of alarming considering that Mater Dei squad is considered one of the all-time high school football greats.

neutral field
[2019] St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD) 46,[2017] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 14

LOL.  Let's everyone calm down.  SFA has played (1) One  game.

They won't even beat 2019 Mater Dei.  There is more to football than overfed tall guys

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

And to think MC put it on STA and made IMG  work really hard in a late 4th Q comeback.    That being said this MC team was not as talented or as large along the lines, but it was a very impressive win for SFA.   

Right? I still believe Miami Central is a talented team. They did take out a Georgia defending state champ for their scrimmage; didn’t they? 

I know it’s only a scrimmage but it’s still a somewhat decent gauge. I believe they can bounce back.

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Let's everyone calm down.  SFA has played (1) One  game.

They won't even beat 2019 Mater Dei.  There is more to football than overfed tall guys

The main problem is they look like a JuCo team and as dominant as Mater Dei is, they still resemble a high school football team.

Yesterday when walking around in the Benz, I was struck by the wall of helmets of all of the GHSA teams in the state. At the bottom of the wall is a line... "Hometown Heros"

For the most part that's still true in Georgia for a vast majority of the teams. Outside of one or two metro teams each year the majority of kids wearing those helmets actually are playing in their hometown this making them fit the statement adorning that wall. 

This other shit is a perversion. :D

• Like 3