SO, 3 Perennial Powers got LAMBASTED this Weekend and Thoughts

RedZone

4 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

The main problem is they look like a JuCo team and as dominant as Mater Dei is, they still resemble a high school football team.

LOL.  Then you have not seen Mater Dei.

Who the heck are you anyway?  What was your previous screen name?  What region do you come from?

You come storming on here like some "knowledgeable guy", and make uneducated comments on west coast teams.  You seem to be a Southeast guy who got surprised when MC got pants pulled down.

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So if SFA is Tier 1, then are any  Fla teams also in Tier 1?

Tough question, I'd probably say no.   I think Lakeland could play with SJB and it would be a great game, but until they play STA or maybe Armwood it would be hard to justify due to them not playing that type of schedule.    If I had only seen SJB I'd say Lakeland was tier 1, but  seeing SFA has left me doubting lol.   Was MC just a lot worse than last year, or is SFA as legit as they seemed?    The good thing about this question is it will be answered soon enough.      

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Tough question, I'd probably say no.   I think Lakeland could play with SJB and it would be a great game, but until they play STA or maybe Armwood it would be hard to justify due to them not playing that type of schedule.    If I had only seen SJB I'd say Lakeland was tier 1, but  seeing SFA has left me doubting lol.   Was MC just a lot worse than last year, or is SFA as legit as they seemed?    The good thing about this question is it will be answered soon enough.      

I'm thinking the same.  SFA rolling Central raised questions if anyone in FLA can stay with the Super Teams.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Who the heck are you anyway?  What was your previous screen name?  What region do you come from?

You come storming on here like some "knowledgeable guy", and make uneducated comments on west coast teams.  You seem to be a Southeast guy who got surprised when MC got pants pulled down.

I’m brand new to this board so I’m not someone who’s just playing games. I’m from Texas but I can assure you I won’t make comments on what I don’t know unless I have a decent reason too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

I’m brand new to this board so I’m not someone who’s just playing games. I’m from Texas but I can assure you I won’t make comments on what I don’t know unless I have a decent reason too.

Don't worry about it.  Everyone on this board makes most of their comments on things they know nothing about.  A lot of guys haven't even attended a game in person in over 5 years.  We are here mostly to ridicule other regions.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I was merely teasing you on your Tier system. I wholeheartedly believe Mater Dei will be the team to stand toe-to-toe with St. Francis but I was dumbfounded by how much St. Francis looks like a JuCo team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Right? I still believe Miami Central is a talented team. They did take out a Georgia defending state champ for their scrimmage; didn’t they? 

I know it’s only a scrimmage but it’s still a somewhat decent gauge. I believe they can bounce back.

Yes and no..... but let's not go there because no one wants to tell the truth about this scrimmage (I have proof....so does @GardenStateBaller). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I'm thinking the same.  SFA rolling Central raised questions if anyone in FLA can stay with the Super Teams.

Not until the coaching improves. There aren't any Don Solinger or Ice Harris's in the 305. Solinger was a nasty SOB who would beat the flying **** out of teams. Was Southridge's coach in their glory years. Lfrt to coach some position at the U. Mark Guandolo,  replaced Solinger and was coaching Southridge when they blew out Manatee, 69-36 in the 93'. No Ice Harris who is the reason you know about BTW. And getting "Norcrossed." STA can. With a top flight coach. Not Mr Prozac.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

By the average score of 42-10.

Couple quick thoughts

1-We can wrap California UP Week 1 of their season. Mater Dei or SJB will crush DLS...the rest is just a lot of useless "filler babble" until then. Some amusing, some not so much, I guess.

2-St Frances Academy is illegal and will not win a state championship.

In reference to the first sentence: Shit happens. Cycles. Team cycle in. And out. Central, and Dade County appear to be trending downward. Billy Rolle, Ice Harris are gone. Keep in mind, this could change quickly. Consolidate the best talent, and coach it. There just isn't an Alpha coach in Dade. At the moment anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

The main problem is they look like a JuCo team and as dominant as Mater Dei is, they still resemble a high school football team.

Mater did will be favored over SFA .... esp in California. Should be one of the best games of the year though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

I think IMG, Lakeland, and STA are Tier 2 until further notice

And they might be most of the tier -- I'd put Northshore and Duncanville there also

The Tier 1 teams are obvious and this year it seems like if you don't know if you're Tier 1, then you're not

20 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The mistake you continue to make is in assuming that SFA is just another "super team". They may well roll MD etc too.

This game will be used by about every top 25 team in one way or another as a barometer, fair or not

Classic east v west

38 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Mater did will be favored over SFA .... esp in California. Should be one of the best games of the year though. 

I expect a lot of home cooking for MD....even tho it's at a "neutral" site. Also, I expect SFA to really flex its muscles and show us who they really are when they play MD. 

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I expect a lot of home cooking for MD....even tho it's at a "neutral" site. Also, I expect SFA to really flex its muscles and show us who they really are when they play MD. 

MD got some home cooking Against IMG with Ascender players getting tossed last year. 

Just let the juggernauts slug it out on the field and see who’s left standing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

And to think MC put it on STA and made IMG  work really hard in a late 4th Q comeback.    That being said this MC team was not as talented or as large along the lines, but it was a very impressive win for SFA.   

Thats the big question.  Is MC any good this season. MC has played huge teams before. They weren't intimidated.  It's a good thing SFA plays MD. That will answer a lot of questions ,  because we know MD is legit . If SFA beats them than we'll know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Funny how things can change in a week. Last week all the talk in the DMV was about Good Counsel looking slightly better than SFA in a scrimmage ...now SFA is the best football team in HS history...lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3