The Pac 12 is garbage!!

Nolebull813

13 hours ago, badrouter said:

There is comparatively little talent in the states where the conference has members-outside of the top state, California. There's obviously a lot of talent here. But, at best, maybe enough to sufficiently stock conference member rosters IF the conference kept 95%+ of the top talent in that state in-house. But, due to sub-par fan support resulting in sub-par budgets leading to sub-par facilities and resources (not to mention the gameday experience), the conference hasn't been able to keep 95%+ of the top players in conference. And, there hasn't been an exceptional concentration of talent at any one school, either (USC might have the most, but it doesn't amount to an exceptional concentration). So, you have a bunch of mediocre programs. Washington under Peterson and Utah under Whittingham are quality programs. But, both schools lack the local recruiting base and national appeal to acquire enough talent to compete at the highest level.  

Basically, CA supplies the entire conf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

What are you a masochist?

I almost wanna donate money to you.... 

The story:

Back in the late 80s and 90s (When CU was an emerging power) A lot of our Louisiana recruits were going to CU (Kordell Stewart, Eric Bieniemy (Born in New Orleans but ended up im Cali)) etc.

I've stuck with them since.

Thad Washington and Kendrick Celestine are more recent buffs from Louisiana.

But now we're Pac-12 so our Pipeline is now Cali-focused.

7 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

The story:

Back in the late 80s and 90s (When CU was an emerging power) A lot of our Louisiana recruits were going to CU (Kordell Stewart, Eric Bieniemy (Born in New Orleans but ended up im Cali)) etc.

I've stuck with them since.

Thad Washington and Kendrick Celestine are more recent buffs from Louisiana.

But now we're Pac-12 so our Pipeline is now Cali-focused.

The old Big 8 made a killing with Los Angeles area bloods & crips in the 80s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frankyjames said:

I agree, the PAC-12 is soft.

Folsom has been sending their kids east for this very reason. Last night, Joe Ngata played well for Clemson as a true freshman. Josiah Degura for Cincinnati played very well at TE, while stomping out UCLA. 

Great night for the former Dawgs!

Dang it I forgot to watch that game.  What was his stat line?

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

1 catch for 12 yards

2 kick returns for 50 yards. 1 big time return. 

Not bad for first game as a true freshman. Remember when some of the trolls were trying to say he sucked? lol

Not saying he sucks Id never say that. But it's UC fucking LA... There's more stock in a win over Vanderbilt or North Carolina... 

1 hour ago, bigrobstercraws said:

The old Big 8 made a killing with Los Angeles area bloods & crips in the 80s

McCartney was trying to keep up with Switzer. Hell his daughter had a kid with the QB (Aunese).

I remember when Bieniemy (Amat) and Hemingway (Colton) chose the Buffs the choice surprised many. Shit up until that time the most play/exposure Colorado football had was on the closing credits of Mork and Mindy. 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frankyjames said:

1 catch for 12 yards

2 kick returns for 50 yards. 1 big time return. 

Not bad for first game as a true freshman. Remember when some of the trolls were trying to say he sucked? lol

I remember posters saying you sucked, nobody said shit about a player.

Not tolerated very well here.

The door is opening.

Which door you ask? Banishment door.

BGW

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

McCartney was trying to keep up with Switzer. Hell his daughter had a kid with the QB (Aunese).

I remember when Bieniemy (Amat) and Hemingway (Colton) chose the Buffs the choice surprised many. Shit up until that time the most play/exposure Colorado football had was on the closing credits of Mork and Mindy. 😂

Lol...It's hard to pull recruits to Boulder these days.

Always has been.

12 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Basically, CA supplies the entire conf

Even then cali just isnt putting out as many recruits anymore. Every year i see less 4 and 5 stars coming out of cali , not knocking on the talent bcs it’s obviously still there and the top players from cali will always be top players everywhere else but but it seems to be linked to less participation idk? What do yall cali folks think

Brokelahoma State scored on like 7 of 8 possessions on Oregon State.  Jeesh with a Freshmen QB.   The Pacthetic 12 is atrocious.  I would not bet on them against any power 5 team.  Whoever wins that conference will goet mollywopped in a Bowl Game.  UCLA last night and now some Beavers just got violated by some Cowboys from Stillwater. 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Even then cali just isnt putting out as many recruits anymore. Every year i see less 4 and 5 stars coming out of cali , not knocking on the talent bcs it’s obviously still there and the top players from cali will always be top players everywhere else but but it seems to be linked to less participation idk? What do yall cali folks think

Fewer guys playing football each year does that. 

Oregon got a shit ton of guys in their last class from CA. Mostly Trinity League and other SS D1 guys who would have went to USC or UCLA. 

They call it CaliFlock 

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Brokelahoma State scored on like 7 of 8 possessions on Oregon State.  Jeesh with a Freshmen QB.   The Pacthetic 12 is atrocious.  I would not bet on them against any power 5 team.  Whoever wins that conference will goet mollywopped in a Bowl Game.  UCLA last night and now some Beavers just got violated by some Cowboys from Stillwater. 🤣

They better had.

Oregon State is the Pac-12 Cupcake...