Cathedral Catholic 44 vs Centennial 41 (F)

Extremely Humble

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Ok maybe not big big, but say 11.

That's probably more like it.  Cathedral is a lot like Loyola was in the 2000s.  Not flashy at all, but they can lull you to sleep with their play and keep the ball away from you.

That said, I would not be shocked if the Dons pulled it out.  This Cathedral team probably is better than 2018, but I also don't think this Centennial team is as good as last year.

I'm really interested in this result.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Why? It looks like a down year for Cen10 & an up year for Cathedral. If they are going to do it, this is the year.

All of a sudden it's a down year for C10? 99.99% of the teams in the country would get dismantled by MD.... Cathedral included. C10 is still ranked top 25 in every poll out there. All I've heard for the past few years is how bad football is in San Diego (because they play Folsom). This would be a huge win for them even if C10 is down from last season. 

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

All of a sudden it's a down year for C10? 99.99% of the teams in the country would get dismantled by MD.... Cathedral included. C10 is still ranked top 25 in every poll out there. All I've heard for the past few years is how bad football is in San Diego (because they play Folsom). This would be a huge win for them even if C10 is down from last season. 

I saw the Centennial-MD game last year and the first half of this year's game.  Centennial really doesn't look as good as last year.  The biggest difference in the game in 2018 were the 4 freakin' pick-sixes.  Other than those, the Huskies did a pretty good job against the Monarchs.  In week 0 of this year, they were just completely overwhelmed.

Still, I agree that it would be a huge win for the SDS for Cathedral to win this game.  I give them a much better shot than most.

I'm more interested in how Cathedral plays defense against C10s offense. Centennial has played against the same opponents these last couple years so most of their opposition has experienced and adjusted to it, but Cathedral is coming in never playing against an offense like cen10s. It's easy to practice for it but actually facing it is a completely different story.

11 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I saw the Centennial-MD game last year and the first half of this year's game.  Centennial really doesn't look as good as last year.  The biggest difference in the game in 2018 were the 4 freakin' pick-sixes.  Other than those, the Huskies did a pretty good job against the Monarchs.  In week 0 of this year, they were just completely overwhelmed.

Still, I agree that it would be a huge win for the SDS for Cathedral to win this game.  I give them a much better shot than most.

I know man. I agree with you. It's just funny how: 

Folsom vs SD  =  SD is awful 

Centennial vs SD  =  It's a down year for C10 and this is the best SD team of all time to ever walk the planet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I think avoiding those pick sixes weighed heavily in both QB’s in this years game.  Neither QB looked confident at all.   Keep in mind each of them has one full year of experience at half the reps due to rotating, so it’s more like half a year experience.  When Retzlaff came in, he looked more confident with 0 starts and promptly moved them for two scores.  He did the same last week vs OLU. 

Logan will likely start off with the rotation but better be ready to switch earlier if necessary.  The run game came to life against OLU as well, and that will need to continue.

• dntn31 changed the title to Cathedral Catholic 44 vs Centennial 41 (F)