UConn rejoining the Big East, probably will drop football or go FCS. Should Rutgers follow suit?

RedZone

Most know UConn is leaving the AAC and rejoining the Big East.......and focus on basketball.

Rutgers should take notice.

Football just isn't for these type schools in the East..There is no football culture in states like NJ, NH, CT, DE, RI, and etc.

It's time for Rutgers to face that sad reality. Quit getting your teeth kicked in weekly and focus on putting 10 decent basketball players on the court.

• Thumbs Down 1

As a total aside about UConn... 

Former Packer Steven Krajewski finally won a start and threw for 273 yards, 3 touchdowns and one interception... suffered a fractured clavicle in the first quarter and will surrender his newly earned qb1 job back to the guy he won it from for at least 6 weeks. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theuconnblog.com/platform/amp/2019/9/28/20889313/steven-krajewski-named-starting-quarterback-uconn-huskies-football

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-sp-uconn-football-steven-krajewski-injury-20191001-20190930-5l3cl5jb35a67jh4prtx4mokme-story.html%3foutputType=amp

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Rutgers was 9th out of 14 Big 10 teams in home attendance. 

The only way Rutgers leaves the Big 10 is if the Big 10 boots them out. They knew they wouldn’t compete in football. This isn’t a shock. 

Their goal should be schedule 3 garbage non conference games, and find a way to win 3 conference games against the bottom feeders, and make a bowl. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As a total aside about UConn... 

Former Packer Steven Krajewski finally won a start and threw for 273 yards, 3 touchdowns and one interception... suffered a fractured clavicle in the first quarter and will surrender his newly earned qb1 job back to the guy he won it from for at least 6 weeks. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theuconnblog.com/platform/amp/2019/9/28/20889313/steven-krajewski-named-starting-quarterback-uconn-huskies-football

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-sp-uconn-football-steven-krajewski-injury-20191001-20190930-5l3cl5jb35a67jh4prtx4mokme-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Tough kid! Suffered the broken clavicle, that will require surgery, in the first quarter, still managed to throw the first passing td of the year for UCONN and finished the game. 

They may have been able to turn it around with him behind the center. Now they're back with the other guy. 

Rutgers Basketball since joining the Big 10?

14th, 14th, 14th, 14th, 12th place finishes. Man.....

Eddie Jordan (Big Ten Conference) (2014–2016)
2014–2015 Rutgers 10–22 2–16 14th  
2015–2016 Rutgers 7–25 1–17 14th  
Eddie Jordan: 29–68 5–13 (AAC) 3–33 (B10)  
Steve Pikiell (Big Ten Conference) (2016–present)
2016–2017 Rutgers 15–17 3–15 14th  
2017–2018 Rutgers 15–19 3–15 14th  
2018–2019 Rutgers 14–17 7–13 12th
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Most know UConn is leaving the AAC and rejoining the Big East.......and focus on basketball.

Football just isn't for these type schools in the East..There is no football culture in states like NJ, NH, CT, DE, RI, and etc.

It's time for Rutgers to face that sad reality. Quit getting your teeth kicked in weekly and focus on putting 10 decent basketball players on the court.

Too much money involved for both sides. The NYC tristate is the #1 media market on the planet. The Big 10 has the #1, #3, #4, and #6 locked down. It’s the most profitable NCAA conference and it’s not close. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

This has to be the dumbest post on the forum in a long while....they are getting the full share of the Big ten money I believe in a year or two...the big ten benefits RU in all sports....where there are competing or getting better....I do not hear saying should Indiania or Illinois  should not be in the big ten....look beyond football .....and they will compete in Football....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

At a minimum, rutgers should look to going FCS for a few years.  If they end up dominating there, which I doubt, then they could try and move back up.

Rutgers has to get OUT of that Big 10 whatever they do...

It's embarrassing and has been a complete FLOP.

• Like 1

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2018/05/report_card_how_did_rutgers_fare_in_year_4_of_big.html

I guess this was from last year.

Rutgers finished last in the regular-season standings in seven sports. While baseball, tennis, softball and women’s lacrosse failed to qualify for their respective Big Ten Tournaments, Rutgers compiled a 3-5-1 record in Big Ten Tournament games.

Here is Rutgers’ four-year winning percentages in conference play since joining the Big Ten:

2014-15: 50-127-1 (.284)

2015-16: 51-124-2 (.288)

2016-17: 37-132-7 (.230)

2017-18: 39-131-3 (.234)

Overall: 177-514-13 (.260)

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Here is Rutgers’ four-year winning percentages in conference play since joining the Big Ten:

2014-15: 50-127-1 (.284)

2015-16: 51-124-2 (.288)

2016-17: 37-132-7 (.230)

2017-18: 39-131-3 (.234)

Overall: 177-514-13 (.260)

Do you people fully understand just how embarrassing that is or are you NOT from this planet?

9 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

How is it embarrassing for a university to stay in the most powerful conference in the country because the conference is drooling over their media share? 

He’s jealous that no one wants any market in Louisiana. 

I’m starting a go fund me for a project to connect Mississippi to Texas called the  “Stay-the-fuck-outta Louisiana Bypass”

please contribute whatever you can

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

He’s jealous that no one wants any market in Louisiana. 

I’m starting a go fund me for a project to connect Mississippi to Texas called the  “Stay-the-fuck-outta Louisiana Bypass”

please contribute whatever you can

Lol ur joking but I guarantee there’s people out there that would donate so they wouldn’t have to drive thru that swamp ShitHole

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Surely you only mean college? 

Because the Jets have quite a grip on NJ... Granted they suck...

31 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Surely you only mean college? 

Because the Jets have quite a grip on NJ... Granted they suck...

Bro you really need to study up on your NJ culture a little more. First you're talking deep dish which isn't NJ pizza and now the Jets have a grip on NJ? Just so you know the Giants have always been the largest fan base in North Jersey and most of the state with the Eagles majority in South Jersey. But the Giants have the most fans in the state. I will say though since I was a kid a long time ago there are a lot more Jets fans and pockets throughout North and Central Jersey which, selfishly speaking, is nice to see. Growing up I was one of a handful of green supporters surrounded by big blue mobs. Now if you're talking Queens and Long Island on the other hand, there it was the reverse and still is to a lesser degree.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Bro you really need to study up on your NJ culture a little more. First you're talking deep dish which isn't NJ pizza and now the Jets have a grip on NJ? Just so you know the Giants have always been the largest fan base in North Jersey and most of the state with the Eagles majority in South Jersey. But the Giants have the most fans in the state. I will say though since I was a kid a long time ago there are a lot more Jets fans and pockets throughout North and Central Jersey which, selfishly speaking, is nice to see. Growing up I was one of a handful of green supporters surrounded by big blue mobs. Now if you're talking Queens and Long Island on the other hand, there it was the reverse and still is to a lesser degree.

Lmao second this dude mentioned Deep dish pizza and jets I was like....

BCFC4368-AC44-44A7-860D-0F3AB666984A.gif

for some reason alot of jets fans are dolphins fans as well, Jets and Mets fans while giants are Yankees fans but go south jersey and their Eagles and Phillies fans.. giants got the most recent Super Bowls, Jets been in the back seat since I was still shitting in my pampers

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Louisiana can’t even afford an MLB team

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Rutgers was 9th out of 14 Big 10 teams in home attendance. 

The only way Rutgers leaves the Big 10 is if the Big 10 boots them out. They knew they wouldn’t compete in football. This isn’t a shock. 

Their goal should be schedule 3 garbage non conference games, and find a way to win 3 conference games against the bottom feeders, and make a bowl. 

Translation:  The Vandy Approach.