OSU looks legit

Bormio

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Coaches are employees.  Student-athletes are not.  Until the NCAA changes that rule...they should enforce the transfer portal equitably.  Fields got special treatment.  Makes you just wonder why.......

It's not complicated.

Rufus>>

Let me break it down real slow and type super duper slow for ya.

NCAA agrees with me, mailing out $1000 check to student athletes as a form of pittance for past transgressions.

Sparing the legal jargon for ya.

Did your kid get one?

Mine did.

My current beef with NCAA is why not the tight end and other kids who transferred for sick family member but Fields and Martell were greenlighted... that decision(s) I hate.

BGW

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Let me break it down real slow and type super duper slow for ya.

NCAA agrees with me, mailing out $1000 check to student athletes as a form of pittance for past transgressions.

Sparing the legal jargon for ya.

Did your kid get one?

Mine did.

My current beef with NCAA is why not the tight end and other kids who transferred for sick family member but Fields and Martell were greenlighted... that decision(s) I hate.

BGW

It happens on occasion. They greenlit Xavier Peters from FSU to UK so he could be closer to his son in Cincinnati. 

• Like 1

Did anyone see the ESPN interview with just Fields that was featured during the game?

When asking what the toughest thing he dealt with while at UGA... He said something along the lines of knowing he wasn't going to get a lot of playing time each week and having to deal with it. I can't remember his exact words but he sounded like a little spoiled brat that expected to start just because of his recruiting status.

I expected to hear him say something about racism since it was bad enough for him to transfer...

If the NCAA is going to let players become eligible due to their lack of PT at a school then they should just open the flood gates and make it equal for everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Cool. Although they haven't consistently been a top 5 caliber program like tOSU though.

I'm curious why you arbitrarily mention them to me. I don't believe I've been critical of their program or ever mentioned them in comparison.

Its not directed towards you,  even though you're quoted(There's a Cajun in here who talks down on OSU)

“Tua Tagovailoa's passing chart compared to Trevor Lawrence's through 5 weeks. Tua's is straight silly, 90% accurate on intermediate passes and 76% beyond the line of scrimmage. Lawrence's is much worse than 2018. Down 7% on short, 14% on intermediate, 11% overall comparatively” 

- NFL scout Ian Wharton 

F30064DC-8A51-4BD7-ADE6-5FA92E7E9BCB.png

19381D26-A7FE-4E4D-98C3-F9B82C8336B0.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

“Tua Tagovailoa's passing chart compared to Trevor Lawrence's through 5 weeks. Tua's is straight silly, 90% accurate on intermediate passes and 76% beyond the line of scrimmage. Lawrence's is much worse than 2018. Down 7% on short, 14% on intermediate, 11% overall comparatively” 

- NFL scout Ian Wharton 

F30064DC-8A51-4BD7-ADE6-5FA92E7E9BCB.png

19381D26-A7FE-4E4D-98C3-F9B82C8336B0.png

Neither team has played stellar competition... 

On 10/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, Bormio said:

Sorry to disappoint.  Georgia likely screwed up.  Fromm is Fromm, and Fields may be hoisting the championship hardware.

Agree 100%  There is no way I would have let Fields go.  wow I can't believe I actually agree with you on something.  I need to lay down for a while.  

• Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:01 AM, Bormio said:

Fromm is good and fits Georgia well - no arguing with the record.  But Fields has a level of ability that Fromm cannot match.  Fields is simply more likely to win a tough game IMO with his ability to make a play.

But Fields couldn't beat Fromm out.

OSU and UGA would be a great game.... hope we get to see it and that qb story adds to the equation.

UGA +700 in vegas to win it all OSU +550 so as the way things are right now id expect OSU to be favored by 3 ish. 

14 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Agree 100%  There is no way I would have let Fields go.  wow I can't believe I actually agree with you on something.  I need to lay down for a while.  

I assure you Kirby wanted fields to take the job from fromm…. but he didn't.