Earl Campbell-- Texas needs a Black QB.

Texasfrog

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm very familiar and close to UT, they have lots of statues and memorials of previous leaders and figureheads that said a lot worse than Earl, and their stuff is still standing.  

However, I do agree the university needs to say something.

Agree... and Earl Campbell should come out and give the obligatory statement... "I mis-spoke with what I said the other day."

• Like 1

I don't think this is that big of a deal.  He said what he said and I can have an opinion in whether it should have been said or not and then go about my day.  Not going to lose any sleep over What Earl thinks about this or that.  

Lord knows I have said stupid shit more times than I can count.  I am not going to judge the man for his opinion.  It isn't like he was wanting harm to come to anybody.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I don't think this is that big of a deal.  He said what he said and I can have an opinion in whether it should have been said or not and then go about my day.  Not going to lose any sleep over What Earl thinks about this or that.  

Lord knows I have said stupid shit more times than I can count.  I am not going to judge the man for his opinion.  It isn't like he was wanting harm to come to anybody.  

I think the main discussion is all about IF he were white and said something like that. There would be people protesting in the streets of Austin as we speak. 

Im around a lot of different people in a lot of different situations, in a lot of different places....I truly believe that in 2019, the DEMAND for racism is MUCH higher than the supply.

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

Dude..  get out of here with this insane comment.    UT is probably the most progressive Liberal University in Texas today.

True, and if it werent for sports and federal law, there would there would only be about 500 HANDPICKED black students on campus.

See anybody darker than me in this UT board of Regents pic?????

board-header-1-group.jpg?1442608132

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The only Brother other than Earl that I ever met that dipped Tobacco is a 1st Sgt in Force Recon who goes by the handle Frog.  Do you know him?  We were on the USS Okinawa LPH-3 in Desert Storm.

I have been meaning to reply to this...My very good buddy black dude from Needville TX who is in the Missouri Football hall of fame dips as did many of other black dudes from Texas that we played ball with.  Most of them was from East Texas too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I have been meaning to reply to this...My very good buddy black dude from Needville TX who is in the Missouri Football hall of fame dips as did many of other black dudes from Texas that we played ball with.  Most of them was from East Texas too.

Yep, I’ve known a few, family members too that dip.

15 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Nicotine addiction knows no color. I was addicted to dipping for 30 years. I was a real addict....I didn't spit.

Me too.  I was so bad I would eat and chew at same time.  Only way I was able to stop was because when overseas they ran out of copenhagen.  Started smoking though which tells you how smart I am.  Lol

So many opinions 

I just feel he should have never said anything about Skin color .

everything that my friend @DevilDog posted may have indeed been racially motivated-  however, correct me if I am wrong - did those people actually say anything about skin color?

In 2019 IMO this statement would have been really publicized had white man reversed what was said.

During the Bob Stoops era - How many black QBs did OU have on Scholarship?

Also, I thought over the last 20 games of the Vince Young era he was the most dominate player ever in college football and the team was 20-0 after beating USC Keep in mind he was pretty bad prior to that  - nobody at UT gave up on him when he couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn with handful of rice.  

Lastly VY was on teams that had roughly 20 other players make the NFL.

Even though the stats prove Sam E has played well last year and this year...How much better would he look with the talent VY had around him both offensive and defensively?

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

Nicotine addiction knows no color. I was addicted to dipping for 30 years. I was a real addict....I didn't spit.

i grew up in Beast Texas and older black people Chewed tobacco and that ground up snuff in a Can.  But I don't know one of them that dipped freaking Skoal.  In high school all the White dudes had rings around their rear pockets where they kept those cans and not one black guy did.  Now I knew a lot of old Tobacco chewers from that damn pouch that those old East Texas Brothers chewed including my uncle and it was Red Man Chewing Tobacco.  Indeed habits know no color I still say I didn't know one Black dude in East Texas dipping Skoal.  

Baseball was big and they chewed this but they didn't put Skoal in their mouths.   Earl was the only one with his commercial. 🤣

Image result for chewing tobacco red man

They look at things different than many here do or assume the ways things are.  All of these guys are not from the 70's.   Pretty cool interviews.   DeShaun Watson had a big issue here a year a so ago with a guy here in Texas saying terrible things about him.   Notice what they say about the 2 styles of QBs which only came about when the Black QB emerged. They invented Dual Threat.   No other position has a multiple type of guy.   They are breaking it down.  LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN.  Earl is a dumb ass but I damn sure don't give UT a Pass either.  Maybe they both should hold a joint Press Conference and apologize to each other. 🤣

25 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

i grew up in Beast Texas and older black people Chewed tobacco and that ground up snuff in a Can.  But I don't know one of them that dipped freaking Skoal.  In high school all the White dudes had rings around their rear pockets where they kept those cans and not one black guy did.  Now I knew a lot of old Tobacco chewers from that damn pouch that those old East Texas Brothers chewed including my uncle and it was Red Man Chewing Tobacco.  Indeed habits know no color I still say I didn't know one Black dude in East Texas dipping Skoal.  

Baseball was big and they chewed this but they didn't put Skoal in their mouths.   Earl was the only one with his commercial. 🤣

Image result for chewing tobacco red man

Yeah,  I see what you’re saying now. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Good to Go.  I know you would. 

Not one Brotha I saw with this growing up. Damn near every white dude in Beast Texas Jeans pocket looked like this in my High School.   Earl was considered Corny as hell dipping Skoal.  Image result for skoal ring jeans

I remember kids in HS taking out those cans and popping them I guess to loosen up the dip.  😆