CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

23 minutes ago, rockinl said:

The Utes dont bring in enough fans and $$$$$ no matter what the record is. The bottom line is a part of all this. Believe that.

Utah and Oregon both travel extremely well. Bro this yr both are more deserving than Bama. The SEC is way down. Again only thing Bama has going for them is a good loss to LSU. Bama is as high as they are going to go unless LSU losses their next two games. The committee has all but actually said that by ranking them five with Utah and Oregon right behind them. 

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Utah wins they are in, Bama needs help PERIOD

Not so fast my friend. 

The committee will ask, "who would hypothetically win between Bama and Utah?" They will take Bama and the Pac12 will be sitting out once again.

Auburn needs to beat Bama and Utah will need to beat Oregon for the Utes to be in. They also need a 1 loss UGA to not win the SEC over undefeated LSU.

All of that happening is unlikely.

Utah needs a lot more help than Bama right now.

8 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Not so fast my friend. 

The committee will ask, "who would hypothetically win between Bama and Utah?" They will take Bama and the Pac12 will be sitting out once again.

Auburn needs to beat Bama and Utah will need to beat Oregon for the Utes to be in. They also need a 1 loss UGA to not win the SEC over undefeated LSU.

What is the body of work to support Bama?

Not losing by much at home?

20 minutes ago, concha said:

What is the body of work to support Bama?

Not losing by much at home?

I think it comes down to them being "Bama" and playing LSU closely.

If they pound Auburn it helps them even more.

Like it or not, that's just the way it is. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

It will basically come down to "eye" test and Bama is going to almost always win that argument whether they would actually win it in the field or not.

32 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Not so fast my friend. 

At the end of the day, both Utah and Bama are depending on Auburn to win out. Now what if Bama struggles with Auburn but still wins? Would that kinda affect Bama's chances to get in the playoff? 

16 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Utah and Oregon both travel extremely well. Bro this yr both are more deserving than Bama. The SEC is way down. Again only thing Bama has going for them is a good loss to LSU. Bama is as high as they are going to go unless LSU losses their next two games. The committee has all but actually said that by ranking them five with Utah and Oregon right behind them. 

That wasn't an argument for Bama or against Utah. I just believe revenue generated makes the world go round, including college football. I just heard a discussion about that very thing yesterday on Finebaum. Other than that, how much money would you put on Utah beating Alabama? 

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

That wasn't an argument for Bama or against Utah. I just believe revenue generated makes the world go round, including college football. I just heard a discussion about that very thing yesterday on Finebaum. Other than that, how much money would you put on Utah beating Alabama? 

Even money. Bama isnt scoring 48 points against the Utes. Bama defense is poor. That game wd be a toss up. Have you watched the Utes? 

18 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Yes. I saw a 6-4 USC beat them. No way they beat Alabama. Tua and company would eat that defense up.

So true. Utah lost to a THIRD STRING QB for USC. He torched them for 350 yards and 3 touchdowns LOLOLOL the third stringer in his first action of collegiate football led 400 yards and 30 points of offense against the Utes

He threw 3 INT in a 14 point loss the following week before getting benched again

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

So true. Utah lost to a THIRD STRING QB for USC. He torched them for 350 yards and 3 touchdowns LOLOLOL the third stringer in his first action of collegiate football led 400 yards and 30 points of offense against the Utes

He threw 3 INT in a 14 point loss the following week before getting benched again

I remember another team losing to a 3rd stringer a few years ago.

It happens.

And it was glorious.

And Bama is still going to have no titles and no resume.

8 minutes ago, concha said:

And Bama is still going to have no titles

Alabama has as many as titles in the last four years as Ohio State has in the last 50  

I’d reach back to 2014 if I were you, too. Considering the last time they made it (which was awhile ago, they scored as many points as everyone on this board combined. ZERO)  

7B412997-E318-47AE-BF50-35B29D0B3FDC.jpeg

19 minutes ago, concha said:

I remember another team losing to a 3rd stringer a few years ago.

It happens.

And it was glorious.

And Bama is still going to have no titles and no resume.

That 3rd stringer would have been starting for a bunch of D1 teams though. He proved it when it counted. I was there.

3 minutes ago, rockinl said:

That 3rd stringer would have been starting for a bunch of D1 teams though. He proved it when it counted. I was there.

Cardale was drafted and played in an NFL game. He also beat the Big 10’s second best team 59-0. They beat Alabama by seven, thanks to an awful Blake Sims pick six. 

USC’s third QB will sell tires for a living in two years. There is no correlation  

His name is pussy for a reason 

12 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Alabama has as many as titles in the last four years as Ohio State has in the last 50  

I’d reach back to 2014 if I were you, too. Considering the last time they made it (which was awhile ago, they scored as many points as everyone on this board combined. ZERO)  

7B412997-E318-47AE-BF50-35B29D0B3FDC.jpeg

When you have to pull this stuff, guess what?

You're losing.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Cardale was drafted and played in an NFL game. He also beat the Big 10’s second best team 59-0. They beat Alabama by seven, thanks to an awful Blake Sims pick six. 

USC’s third QB will sell tires for a living in two years. There is no correlation  

His name is pussy for a reason 

USC will have as many titles this season as Bama.

But maybe more top 25 wins.

• Haha 1