CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Georgia has faced the 99th, 97th, 91st, 81st, 80th, 48th, 41st, and 25th rushing offenses this year. 

Factor in they’ve played 7 backup quarterbacks, is it really surprising to anyone they don’t allow many points or a rushing touchdown? Its hard to score when you’re a bad rushing offense and the backup QB can’t move the ball into the red zone.  

39 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And Bama has played only one of the teams that really makes the SEC #1 and they lost.

Their other best opportunity is against a team that could well have four losses by the end of the season on top of three close calls.

3 minutes ago, concha said:

And Bama has played only one of the teams that really makes the SEC #1 and they lost.

Their other best opportunity is against a team that could well have four losses by the end of the season on top of three close calls.

I posted it because I found it surprising that they have the sec #1. Alabama will be #4 tonight and imo as long ad alabama wins convincingly over Auburn they are in. People will bitch and moan and say the committee sucks and we have to to to 8 teams but I believe alabama gets #4 and will face lsu

On 11/9/2019 at 8:06 PM, FootballGuy said:

I feel like LSU went conservative in the 2nd half. When the game got a little closer, they responded each time. 

My guess is the shot that Tua got to help him move a little more.  It was painful watching him limp around all game and not be able to move much in the pocket.  A healthy Tua and its ball game. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The Tua fumble inside the 10 yd ended up being huge.

So many things in the first half. That was minimum three points the Tua fumble. (Well, Bama kickers, but you’d like to think) Also, walk on punter had the snap go right between his hands inside the Bama 30. Led to an LSU field goal, that’s another three points

But the biggest mistake of the game is Saban going in panic mode with 26 seconds in the half. Throwing the ball inside your thirty yard line down 13 with under half a minute was just flat out dumb. Something Saban never does. And for what? To get in FG range with a backup kicker? No shot. Returned inside the 25, personal foul penalty, gave LSU the ball at the 13 yard line. Led to TD. Just brutal. Very easily it’s 26-13 at the half by playing it smart, not 33-13. That was the key difference 

Bama out-gained LSU 345 to 252 in the second half. Outscored them 28-13. Scored four touchdowns on four consecutive possessions to end the game. One ugly half of football is enough to lose though 

10 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Our defense is weak relative to the Bama standard. LSU had the personnel to turn the cracks in the defense to holes. 

It’s disappointing since we have such great offensive talent that this team may not even make the playoff. An offense like this deserves a better defense. 

Fire Pete Golding.

I agree with 1 and 3. 

Alabama will make the playoff though. We’re War Eagle this weekend brother. 

PS look for UCLA to upset Utah this weekend. They’ve won three in a row and they’re coming off a bye. They gotta win these last two to make a bowl game. They’re scoring like a Chip Kelly team finally.  

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I agree with 1 and 3. 

Alabama will make the playoff though. We’re War Eagle this weekend brother. 

PS look for UCLA to upset Utah this weekend. They’ve won three in a row and they’re coming off a bye. They gotta win these last two to make a bowl game. They’re scoring like a Chip Kelly team finally.  

Do you think this team has the guts to win if we make it in the playoffs? 

I ask because we played like crap after a bye week. Will we really be ready as a team (and defense) with guys like Golding on the staff?

This defense is weak. No heart, no toughness. None of them would start on the great 2011/15/16 units. 

20 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Do you think this team has the guts to win if we make it in the playoffs? 

I ask because we played like crap after a bye week. Will we really be ready as a team (and defense) with guys like Golding on the staff?

This defense is weak. No heart, no toughness. None of them would start on the great 2011/15/16 units. 

I don’t know if Alabama is complete enough to win the natty this  But they are talented enough to beat anyone in the country. The same cannot be said for the Oregon, Utah, and Oklahoma’s of the world. 

This comes down to clear lack of contenders: 

Oregon lost to one dimensional Auburn starting an awful true freshman QB in game one in primetime. Two weeks ago, they were trailing (1-5) Washington State on the final snap of the game. They were a missed field goal at the buzzer away from losing to a five loss team. Zero ranked wins 

Utah lost to a four loss USC team. Zero ranked wins. They have an inaccurate game manager at QB. Their offense is very average. 

Oklahoma lost to a three loss team two weeks ago. Then followed it up by almost losing to a four loss team their very next game (42-41) 

Baylor went to multiple overtimes with TWO different sub .500 teams. They’re pathetic on offense. They are worse at offense than Alabama is on defense, that’s a fact

I don’t know if Alabama can beat Clemson or Ohio State. But I know they can beat Oregon, Utah, Oklahoma, Kansas State, USC, and Auburn. And that will be enough for the committee 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Alabama significantly ahead of oklahoma. 

Alabama is sitting pretty. Georgia loses to Lsu in Atlanta and alabama is in

I’ve said that for a week now but constantly been told how wrong I am over and over (LOLOLOL)  

Like I said back in this thread Saturday night, Oregon almost lost to five loss Wazzu at home a few weeks ago. That’s pathetic. They were trailing on the last snap of the game. 

Oklahoma looked like shit a week after losing. They buried themselves. No one cares about Utah or Baylor, not a real contender in the hunt. 

Only Georgia can knock Alabama out of the playoffs and they’re not good enough to beat both Auburn and LSU 

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I’ve said that for a week now but constantly been told how wrong I was over and over (LOLOLOL)  

Like I said back in this thread Saturday night, Oregon almost lost to five loss Wazzu at home a few weeks ago. That’s pathetic. They were trailing on the last snap of the game. 

Oklahoma looked like shit a week after losing. They buried themselves. No one cares about Utah or Baylor, not a real contender in the hunt. 

Only Georgia can knock Alabama out of the playoffs and they’re not good enough to beat both Auburn and LSU 

Oregon isnt good. I've watched them multiple times. I'm not impressed with them esp on the offense. Defense they are good. 

Georgia should lose in atlanta and alabama gets in at number 4

Whoever wins alabama LSU will play ohio state in the natty. 

And nobody believes in Baylor. All the way down in the teens. Big 12 sucks

Dont say nobody utah is a good team. Unfortunately that loss to usc is killing them 

Just now, ATLien12x said:

I’ve said that for a week now but constantly been told how wrong I was over and over (LOLOLOL)  

CFP committee knows exactly what they’re doing. GA loses to LSU in the SECCG & Bama is in. They’re getting the best four into the playoff. OSU LSU Clemson & Alabama is arguably the most loaded CFP since it’s started

• Thanks 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Oregon isnt good. I've watched them multiple times. I'm not impressed with them esp on the offense. Defense they are good. 

Georgia should lose in atlanta and alabama gets in at number 4

Whoever wins alabama LSU will play ohio state in the natty. 

And nobody believes in Baylor. All the way down in the teens. Big 12 sucks

I’m thinking we’re looking at a OSU/Bama championship. LSU does not want to see Bama again. Alabama played terrible and kept it within 5. I just hope saban says geaux tigahs what fuck you in his presser 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

CFP committee knows exactly what they’re doing. GA loses to LSU in the SECCG & Bama is in. They’re getting the best four into the playoff. OSU LSU Clemson & Alabama is arguably the most loaded CFP since it’s started

The 2015 Playoff with 

Bama,Oregon,FSU and OSU was pretty damn loaded and so far it has been the best year under this pot shot system..