CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

40 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Fuck No! That FSU team had multiple close victories that season. People are going crazy over Clemson having a close victory over NC. Like I said before, Clemson is the best team in the land...especially when they're playing motivated. I think a lot of people thought the sky was falling when Trevor Lawrence was going through the motions earlier this season. 

Clemson better than OSU? Man OSU has been impressive all year. I agree there was a lot of Trevor Lawrence hate early this year & Clemson is definitely top 4 in the country but in my opinion Ohio state is great this year. If Ohio state plays Clemson in a 2 vs 3 this year I think I’m rolling with OSU 

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Clemson better than OSU? Man OSU has been impressive all year. I agree there was a lot of Trevor Lawrence hate early this year & Clemson is definitely top 4 in the country but in my opinion Ohio state is great this year. If Ohio state plays Clemson in a 2 vs 3 this year I think I’m rolling with OSU 

Clemson is still stacked.   

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

I worry about OSU’s ability to defend an elite passing game.  The images of Watson shredding their secondary that was supposed to be good are still fresh in my mind.

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yes. Georgia can’t afford two losses especially when one of them is to a seven loss team at home playing their THIRD STRING QB 

Georgia is not the issue.  Bama’s loss would not be to an undefeated LSU, but a one loss team.  Weakens their case vs Oregon, etc.  And if Minnesota beats OSU, OSU would be a potent one loss team

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Yeah it would definitely be a good game....no doubt. But Clemson usually gets up for big games, and they show up and show out! 

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Clemson is still stacked.   

No doubt. Definitely a top 4 team. Last year, I heard they prepared for ND minimally & had a big focus on Bama. If they can’t jump LSU & have to play OSU there’s no way they can do that. They got to go all in on beating OSU. No dexter Lawrence christian Wilkins clelin ferrell or Austin Bryant this year. Will be interesting to see if they can win that one and then beat LSU/Bama on one week preparation.    

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I worry about OSU’s ability to defend an elite passing game.  The images of Watson shredding their secondary that was supposed to be good are still fresh in my mind.

Me too. Won’t even say the amount of $ I’ve lost on deshaun/Trevor vs Alabama 😂 Clemson definitely steps up when it’s game time 

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Georgia is not the issue.  Bama’s loss would not be to an undefeated LSU, but a one loss team.  Weakens their case vs Oregon, etc.  And if Minnesota beats OSU, OSU would be a potent one loss team

Minnesota.... the team that has: a 7 point win over an FCS school. A 7 point win over a six loss Purdue. A three point win over a five loss Georgia Southern. And double overtime win over five loss Fresno State...    beating Ohio State and ruining their undefeated season? 

LOLOLOL Bormio. You know that’s not happening.

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Minnesota.... the team that has: a 7 point win over an FCS school. A 7 point win over a six loss Purdue. A three point win over a five loss Georgia Southern. And double overtime win over five loss Fresno State...    beating Ohio State and ruining their undefeated season? 

LOLOLOL Bormio. You know that’s not happening.

What were the odds on Minnesota being undefeated at this point?  A team on a roll like this believes anything is possible.  And that is half the battle.

15 minutes ago, Bormio said:

What were the odds on Minnesota being undefeated at this point?  A team on a roll like this believes anything is possible.  And that is half the battle.

They won't beat Ohio State.

But they might be able to beat a team that drops 31 to a team like, oh say... Ole Miss...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Dont watch then but win out their in.

Not true. Doubt theyd pass Bama IMO. No sane person would put Utah in over a 1 loss Alabama, with that 1 loss being to #1 LSU 46-41.

You guys sleeping on UGA are wrong. We match up ok vs LSU. We have a far superior defense to Alabama. And LSUs D isnt that strong... My point, Georgia is a tougher matchup for LSU than Bama. 

I was high on LSU this year before any of the bandwagoners that now believe all because they beat Bama... But LSU has looked very beatable.