CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Ive known all season that Bamas defense was pretty much slightly above average, and it showed Sat. How in the hell you have the SAME route, and SAME receiver open so many times is mind boggling. Diggs got burned so many times, we lost count, and the LBers were on skates all day.

It got to a point early on where everyone including me, knew that when LSU got the ball back, there was about a 90% chance they were going to score. Burrow is going to be a damn good NFL Qb.

Was a great atmosphere, but a big case of humble pie for us Bama fans.

2 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Ive known all season that Bamas defense was pretty much slightly above average, and it showed Sat. How in the hell you have the SAME route, and SAME receiver open so many times is mind boggling. Diggs got burned so many times, we lost count, and the LBers were on skates all day.

It got to a point early on where everyone including me, knew that when LSU got the ball back, there was about a 90% chance they were going to score. Burrow is going to be a damn good NFL Qb.

Was a great atmosphere, but a big case of humble pie for us Bama fans.

Good post

We've become accustomed to the Bama recruiting machine resulting in overwhelming physical dominance everywhere on the field, every game.

It's just not there this year.

I'm from Georgia, and, I don't know one person (sane anyway) that thinks Georgia will beat LSU. Not saying they can't beat them, but, it would take something like happened for South Carolina at Georgia to happen for Georgia to best LSU. Lightning in the bottle type stuff. 

We all watched the LSU/Bama game, and with it still fresh on our minds, watched the Georgia vs. Missouri game... Did not come away feeling very good about lining that Georgia offense up against LSU. At all. 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm from Georgia, and, I don't know one person (sane anyway) that thinks Georgia will beat LSU. Not saying they can't beat them, but, it would take something like happened for South Carolina at Georgia to happen for Georgia to best LSU. Lightning in the bottle type stuff. 

We all watched the LSU/Bama game, and with it still fresh on our minds, watched the Georgia vs. Missouri game... Did not come away feeling very good about lining that Georgia offense up against LSU. At all. 

The more amazing thing is all the "experts" on this forum who loudly proclaim to be "experts." Most of them picked Alabama to win. And they will still tell you they are "experts."

Little do they know, they are the minority opinion across all levels of football in comparison to those that read these forums and don't post. 

:)

42 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All I know, is after watching those two games back to back, the Georgia offense and the Alabama or LSU offenses are on different planes of existence. 

Way different. 

If Georgia can keep it very close for 3 quarters, they may have a chance. If they get down 2 or more Tds early, most likely not. 

39 minutes ago, rockinl said:

If Georgia can keep it very close for 3 quarters, they may have a chance. If they get down 2 or more Tds early, most likely not. 

They better keep it close. I don't think they can stop an LSU, and, I really don't think they can keep up in a scorefest. 

Georgia does have a pretty staunch defense, but, we haven't seen them against an LSU caliber offense either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

I swear if you can't get crazy pressure there is nothing you can do.  Can't defend those "rub" routes especially with their RB so adept at catching passes and Burrow's ability to run.   I can't complain because we do it too now so.   Best bet is 12 on the field LOL.    

Our D did worse than yours if that's any consolation! 

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They better keep it close. I don't think they can stop an LSU, and, I really don't think they can keep up in a scorefest. 

Georgia does have a pretty staunch defense, but, we haven't seen them against an LSU caliber offense either. 

They prob have the best overall D in the conference, but I don't think it will matter.   Cager is back out and he was their best target vs FL.