Week 11 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

22 hours ago, badrouter said:

St. Frances catapulted to at/near the top of the rankings after blasting Miami Central. Central has since lost to Chamindade-Madonna by 20 and Miami Northwestern by 10. Lowndes blasting Northwestern is arguably more impressive than what St. Frances did to Central. Lowndes belongs in a Tier 1 if you're putting anyone other than Mater Dei in that tier. 

You seem to have forgotten what SFA did to IMG. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pops said:

Good discussion 

just for the heck of it, a lot of discussion about who had best wins — thought I’d list best 36 wins (regardless of OOS Ir MOV) in the country this year (per CP):

1. MD (vs SFA)

2. MD (vs SJB)

3. SFA (vs IMG)

4. StL (vs Punaho)

5. StL (vs Punaho)

6. Lowndes (vs CQ)

7. Valdosta (vs CQ)

8.  Mentor (vs St Ed’s)

9. STA (vs DLS)

10. SJB (vs Dematha)

11  Gonzaga (vs dematha)

12. SJC (vs Dematha)

13  StL (Vs kahuku)

14 Punaho (vs Kahuku)

15 Milani (vs Kahuku)

16 BG (bs Lone Peak - UT)

17 North Gwinnett (vs Armwood)

18  SLC (vs Guyer)

19 MD (vs CC)

20 CCSD (vs CC)

21 Hoover (vs Central AL)

22 Katy (vs Northshore)

23 StL (vs BG)

24 SJB (vs OLGC)

25 dematha (vs OLGC)

26 SJC (vs OLGC)

27 CQ (vs NG)

28 MD (vs Servite)

29 SJB (vs servite)

30 BG (vs servite)

31 St eds (v elder)

32 lasalle (v elder)

33 Lowndes (vs MNW)

34 IMG (vs MNW)

35 Rockwall (v Martin TX)

35 IMG (v SJP)

36  Marietta (v SJP)

This is pretty cool. I did the same thing but used the Comp Poll instead of CalPreps

Capture.thumb.PNG.6f5477771972ee7ef1260acbbf36028b.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This is a good take.  I can respect your thought process on this.

On the + side for SJB is that most people are adamant that SFA is a Tier 1 team, and SJB played MD closer than anyone, including SFA.  Also, SJB has 5 better wins than DV at this point in the season.

In 2 weeks, SJB plays Cen10.  Can we agree that the outcome of that game will seal SJB fate for the season as far as their Tier rankings.  A loss = Tier 2 and a win = Tier 1 

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This is a good take.  I can respect your thought process on this.

On the + side for SJB is that most people are adamant that SFA is a Tier 1 team, and SJB played MD closer than anyone, including SFA.  Also, SJB has 5 better wins than DV at this point in the season.

In 2 weeks, SJB plays Cen10.  Can we agree that the outcome of that game will seal SJB fate for the season as far as their Tier rankings.  A loss = Tier 2 and a win = Tier 1 ?

My take would be to leave SJB in Tier 2 with $$$ meaning they are very close to tier 1  until they play MD again - win or close game they come back up.

What are going to do with North Shore if they run the table? They should have never IMO got beat by Katy and I expect way different game next time.

They might actually be the biggest most talented team in the country .  Pay attention 

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

My take would be to leave SJB in Tier 2 with $$$ meaning they are very close to tier 1  until they play MD again - win or close game they come back up.

What are going to do with North Shore if they run the table? They should have never IMO got beat by Katy and I expect way different game next time.

They might actually be the biggest most talented team in the country .  Pay attention 

Texas 6a Champ will be Tier 1 and possibly the runner up as well.  Last year both NS and DV ended up in Tier 1

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

After 11 weeks we have much more info to vett the WCAC teams and other teams.  If anything the WCAC teams were ranked into a higher Tier for playing SJB and a tough OOS schedule, even though they lost.

After 11 weeks, the WCAC teams have simply not lived up to expectations, and thats pretty much across the board, as no WCAC team has emerged dominant, including SJC. 

The WCAC teams are NOT being punished for losing to SJB and other Top OOS teams, but simply being adjusted (in the Tiers opinion) appropriately after evaluating 11 weeks of data.

I agree that the WCAC can be vetted much more. That’s kind of my argument here. Mentor and Ed’s being more mysterious(shy) is paying off for them now. I’ll stop going back and forth. I know there’s no concrete way to end this. Just my .02. 

3 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I agree that the WCAC can be vetted much more. That’s kind of my argument here. Mentor and Ed’s being more mysterious(shy) is paying off for them now. I’ll stop going back and forth. I know there’s no concrete way to end this. Just my .02. 

Hang in there.  Barring an upset in Ohio,  It is looking like the winners of both the Ohio playoffs and the WCAC could potentially, end up being in the same Tier. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Butt the hell out of my conversation.  You don’t know jack crap about them.  So fucking tired of your act Steeler.

I know enough to reject the silly ass claim that they might be the biggest most talented team in the country.

I hadn't even heard of their overrated 5-star RB.

🤡

Just now, The Guru said:

I know enough to reject the silly ass claim that they might be the biggest  most talented team in the country.

I hadn't even heard of their overrated 5-star RB.

🤡

He was highly ranked last year too dumb fuck.  You saying that you never heard of him is all anyone needs to know about you.

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Katy will most likely drop due to eeking by #400+ Ridge point.

Servite proves they belong on the same Tier as MV

lol  don’t talk about people being lazy when you throw out some “Bogus Fucking Ranking On Team You Know Nothing About”. 

Keep watching we had several really good teams struggle in the first round.

The # is much greater than you will ever admit of how many teams we have in this state that are at least on the level of Servite or MV!