Week 11 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Let's have some real talk.

Notre dame was the last "non league" game for Servite.  SJB was the first Trinity League game.  (i.e. games that count)

Do you think Servite emptied the playbook against Notre Dame?

Even so, where was Servite ranked in the Tiers after the ND game?  Tier 6 or not even ranked.  So how does that make me a homer?

Bishop Gorman was an early OOS travel game (something you know nothing about) for a young Servite team featuring a Soph QB and Soph #1 WR and other Sophs.    Since then Servite has a 1 point loss to SJB and a quality win over JSerra, and blowout wins over several other teams.

Servite > DeMatha and OLGC by all comparative metrics

Jesus - You can't be helped -  just stop the none sense.

Do you think DV was hitting on all cylinders when the played SJC in none league 

Do you think BG was hitting on all cylinders when they curbed stomped Servite.

You giving servite benefit of the doubt when you do nothing like that for anyone else.

Servite vs ND in late september is very telling  -  Again Servite was 6-5 on the year and lost in 1st round of the loser bracket in California

Again - had any elite team outside of California only beat Servite by 1 point -  You would have hung them out to dry.

No body cares about the Soph kids (this is their team this year and they have to live with the results) -  do you have any clue how many underclassmen that Duncanville is playing with?  Kids who are playing on Varsity for the first time? 

11 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

This is what most of us know, but few actually say. The reason nobody takes Sammy's tiers seriously, except for him and 5 of his socal online buddies, is because they are completely biased. He calls actual polls "lazy" because they rank one single team that he has a strange hatred for, when in reality putting out an actual poll takes much more time, effort, and balls then these biased tiers. 

I never paid attention prior to this year...I am seeing your point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Jesus - You can't be helped -  just stop the none sense.

Do you think DV was hitting on all cylinders when the played SJC in none league 

Do you think BG was hitting on all cylinders when they curbed stomped Servite.

You giving servite benefit of the doubt when you do nothing like that for anyone else.

Servite vs ND in late september is very telling  -  Again Servite was 6-5 on the year and lost in 1st round of the loser bracket in California

Again - had any elite team outside of California only beat Servite by 1 point -  You would have hung them out to dry.

No body cares about the Soph kids (this is their team this year and they have to live with the results) -  do you have any clue how many underclassmen that Duncanville is playing with?  Kids who are playing on Varsity for the first time? 

That part may go right over Sammy’s head. Mater Dei and St John Bosco are always firing on all cylinders. 

Unless they’re sandbagging.

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The point you missed is that all the teams mentioned in Texasball post are ranked 100+ spots higher than Folsoms best win.

image.png.95edb672c8f53333fb4cbe0d80f5626f.png

By the time the season is over Folsom will have better wins then Servite. Your season ends next week with a signature win against the most over rated team in the country. 

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

That part may go right over Sammy’s head. Mater Dei and St John Bosco are always firing on all cylinders. 

Unless they’re sandbagging.

totally agree...

I thought that DV kept in very basic vs SJB both offensively and Defensively 

They played base defense didn't blitz much and went man coverage - This is coach Samples...Early season force them young kids to play sound base defense before they blitz all the time.

had they really opened up the offense the QB would have ran all over SJB IMO - The few times he did run he torched them!

33 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

It shouldn’t really be about strength of schedule. More or less pedigree and quality of the team.

If the f’ing Patriots were a high school team with Duncanville’s schedule and Mililani had Mater Dei’s schedule, would you seriously sit there and say the Patriots are a Tier below Mililani because of their strength of schedule? No.

Use common sense.

Interesting comparison lol. They’re a great team but they do have the weakest schedule in t 1/2 so I understand why they’re in t2. Nothing impressive about beating teams ranked in the thousands every week. Dv is the Clemson of hsfb. They get to skate into the playoffs completely healthy & without being tested. Good for them. If they win state they should be t1 no question but they haven’t proven themselves since week 3. Would be interesting to see how they’d do with MD/IMG/SFA/SJB schedule because quality and pedigree goes up when you’re battle tested and dv is not battle tested at this point in the season. If MD played that schedule and put up the same results how do you put them in t1? 

6 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

They did, and they went 0-3 against the WCAC. I'm not the one relying on hypotheticals to make a point.

Orange Lutheran -  1 and done in the loser bracket of California

Santa Margarita -  1 and done in the loser bracket of California 

JSerra - about to be 1 and done --- You know big beat down coming here

I will pick take MV over servite this coming week.

Just more proof that Trinity league is simply not very good outside of MD With SJB riding their coat tail this year.

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

totally agree...

I thought that DV kept in very basic vs SJB both offensively and Defensively 

They played base defense didn't blitz much and went man coverage - This is coach Samples...Early season force them young kids to play sound base defense before they blitz all the time.

had they really opened up the offense the QB would have ran all over SJB IMO - The few times he did run he torched them!

Dude dv does nothing but keep it simple. They do what they do very well but don’t act like that scheme is complex at all. 

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Dude dv does nothing but keep it simple. They do what they do very well but don’t act like that scheme is complex at all. 

More QB option when they open it up.  The very thing you had hoped to see when you came here to watch them.   Now, you’re saying something different.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

They’re a great team but they do have the weakest schedule in t 1/2 so I understand why they’re in t2. Nothing impressive about beating teams ranked in the thousands every week. Dv is the Clemson of hsfb. They get to skate into the playoffs completely without being tested. Good for them. If they win state they should be t1 no question but they haven’t proven themselves since week 3. Would be interesting to see how they’d do with MD/IMG/SFA/SJB schedule because quality and pedigree goes up when you’re battle tested and dv is not battle tested at this point in the season. If MD played that schedule and put up the same results how do you put them in t1? 

Because anyone with common sense know they are truly elite and if you are willing to put SJB in Tier 1 it only makes sense that DV should be in the same - especially consider DV beat SJC handily and SJC beat teams that SJB beat - Who are really the only teams you can give SJB credit for beating.

Get this servite bull shit out of here they have done nothing and bet my bottom dollar MV beats that ass in the first round!

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Orange Lutheran -  1 and done in the loser bracket of California

Santa Margarita -  1 and done in the loser bracket of California 

JSerra - about to be 1 and done --- You know big beat down coming here

I will pick take MV over servite this coming week.

Just more proof that Trinity league is simply not very good outside of MD With SJB riding their coat tail this year.

Thanks for laying out the case about the overall strength of CA this year. Those WCAC teams would fit in nicely with the rest of the D2 bracket.

But hypotheticals aside, there's really no overcoming the 0-3 on the field results, as much as you want to try to shift the conversation elsewhere..

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Because anyone with common sense know they are truly elite and if you are willing to put SJB in Tier 1 it only makes sense that DV should be in the same - especially consider DV beat SJC handily and SJC beat teams that SJB beat - Who are really the only teams you can give SJB credit for beating.

Get this servite bull shit out of here they have done nothing and bet my bottom dollar MV beats that ass in the first round!

In your esteemed Tier 3 opinion should SFA be in tier 1?