T Day

181pl

I wish I wasn't allergic to sweet potatoes...ย 

Because they smell so good when they're being cooked...ย 

Unfortunately this Thanksgiving for me won't be to grandiose... My mom's in the hospital so I'm watching the house for her. Truthfully I'd like to go back to Savannah just for today to get some pit smoked turkey from Uncle Mike.... With some mashed potatoes and Cream corn.... But.... I've got responsibilities.... so I'ma have to settle for Taco Bell breakfast and maybe I'll visit some relatives in Valdosta later for dinner...ย 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Unfortunately this Thanksgiving for me won't be to grandiose... My mom's in the hospital so I'm watching the house for her. Truthfully I'd like to go back to Savannah just for today to get some pit smoked turkey from Uncle Mike.... With some mashed potatoes and Cream corn.... But.... I've got responsibilities.... so I'ma have to settle for Taco Bell breakfast and maybe I'll visit some relatives in Valdosta later for dinner...ย 

Sorry to hear. Best to you and your mom.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

Dittoย 

On a similarly tragic note, I'm cooking this year. Please send your thoughts and prayers to my family.

Thanks @The Colonelย she had an emergency surgery to remove a growth in her stomach. Still waiting to find out if it's cancerous or not. But she didn't wanna sit around to wait and find out so she got it removed and now we're just waiting on the results.ย ย 

Also looks like I will be going to Valdosta later anyway...ย 

And also is your cooking that bad?ย 

I can't judge because I've managed to mace everyone in the house not once but twice....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

God speed brother!

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Thanks @The Colonelย she had an emergency surgery to remove a growth in her stomach. Still waiting to find out if it's cancerous or not. But she didn't wanna sit around to wait and find out so she got it removed and now we're just waiting on the results.ย ย 

Also looks like I will be going to Valdosta later anyway...ย 

And also is your cooking that bad?ย 

I can't judge because I've managed to mace everyone in the house not once but twice....

Prayers for benign results and a speedy recovery for mom!

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Seriously? ย Taco Hell? ย You poor bastard.

Hope your Mom recovers soon.

2 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Seriously? ย Taco Hell? ย You poor bastard.

Hope your Mom recovers soon.

Well I'm in Valdosta right now.ย 

Got some Turkey, Broccoli casserole,Mustards,Grilled Chicken,Mashed Potatoes and Gravy with some Key Lime pie and red velvet cake for dessert. With a tall glass of ice cold Pink Lemonade.ย 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

What's the stuff on the side that looks like stir fried veggies...ย 

And are those fried green beans?ย 

My mom used to make em... For Christmas

Roast veggie medley.

Green bean casserole... green beans, homemade cream of mushroom soup and fried onions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Why not compromise and make French onion soup.

Green bean casserole is easily my favorite side dish on Thanksgiving. You should give it a try...

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/not-your-mamas-green-bean-casserole-recipe-1956481.amp?ic1=amp_next_recipe

I just cheat and buy the canned onion strings instead of making them from scratch.