Texas State Championship thread

ATLien12x

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Texas teams have been to IL, WA, KS, FL, LA, OK, NM, AR, MS, GA, and hell Jesuit even traveled to Ireland a few years back and aTexas Private have been to Cali recently.  Where do you want them to travel to Mars 🤣
The Texas 6 Man Schools with less than 100 kids will play in front of a crowd  similar to the DLS and SJB which I heard was around 5K.  We do HS football like no other.  Over 275K People will watch 4 days of Football at the Death Star.  At least one of the 5A or 6A Championship games will be ranked 6th or 7th among the ATTENDANCE OF ALL THE COLLEGE BOWL GAMES

Crowds for UIL's 6A state title games dwarfed those of many college bowl games

To see how insanely popular Texas high school football is -- and how little interest there was in some college bowl games -- check out these numbers.

The UIL Class 6A Division II state championship game between two out-of-town teams -- Longview and Beaumont West Brook -- had an announced attendance of 48,421 on Dec. 22 at the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium in Arlington. That game, won 35-34 by Longview, drew a larger crowd than 28 of the 39 FBS college bowl games that were played.

That's 71.8 percent.

The matchup of two nationally ranked teams -- Duncanville and Galena Park North Shore -- drew a crowd of 42,363 on Dec. 22 at AT&T Stadium. That game -- which North Shore won 41-36 on a 45-yard Hail Mary touchdown pass on the final play -- outdrew 25 of the 39 college bowl games.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we have some of those Klein teams traveling to Ohio? And I know know Tyler Lee did.

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we have some of those Klein teams traveling to Ohio? And I know know Tyler Lee did.

These games were in Ohio

2005 Colerain 27, Tyler Lee (TX) 12

2006 Texas High (TX) 44, Findlay 21

2008 Klein Forest (TX) 27, Warren Howland 6

These games were in Texas

Cedar Hill (TX) 38, LaSalle 14

Bowie (TX) 48, Trotwood-Madison 0

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Can we do the Texas sucks rant in the other thread and let this one be about the championship games? It’s literally our final game threads of the season 

Great thing about Texas State Championship.  FOX uses NFL Camera's and with our college rules we got Instant Replay as wella nd the shots are awesome.  The same camera's as the Cowboys use for their games.

• Like 2