Trump strikes deal to end war in Afghanistan

Bormio

A few days old - but no less important.  Even if ignored by the press.  Long past time to end nation-building there and bring our young men and women home alive.  Against the pushback from the usual national security bureaucracy.  A courageous decision - and the right one.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

A few days old - but no less important.  Even if ignored by the press.  Long past time to end nation-building there and bring our young men and women home alive.  Against the pushback from the usual national security bureaucracy.  A courageous decision - and the right one.

We did have an air strike against them last night I believe 

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

Amazing. Not a peep about this by the msm. As you said, this deal was struck a few days ago. We'll see how it goes, but EVERYONE should be rejoicing the fact that this is deal is even on the table. Bringing troops home, killing terrorists, striking trade deals, illegal broder crossing down like 80%, keeping the coronavirus in check, exposing the swampiness of DC (and the economy speaks for itself)..the msm could care less. Trump is a stud; the establishment and msm sucks sweaty donkey balls. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

i am not sure what is courageous and knowing Trump, we likly are getting screwed just to get a deal. 

BTW, not sure how the press is ignoring this. It was the lead story. Maybe stop with the conspiratorial victimization stuff?  

The radical right would get a lot more respect if they did.

43 minutes ago, noonereal said:

i am not sure what is courageous and knowing Trump, we likly are getting screwed just to get a deal. 

BTW, not sure how the press is ignoring this. It was the lead story. Maybe stop with the conspiratorial victimization stuff?  

The right is the ONLY party with a shred of dignity and respect. Suggestion: have a shred of honesty when you post. ...oh and  have fun on misfit island in November. 

13 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

The right is the ONLY party with a shred of dignity and respect. 

rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, this is insane to say

trump, the wing nut leader, is trash

pure trash

human garbage

you know it, i know it, all his worshipers even know it. 

24 minutes ago, noonereal said:

rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pure trash

human garbage

Sounds like you have a lot of projection going on. Or is it more of a reaction formation? 🤣

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

pure trash

human garbage

I think you mean Pelosi Schumer and shifty Schiff.  If not then there is no hope for you brother!

15 hours ago, noonereal said:

Yup, the Taliban will violate it.  And Trump will get pilloried when they do.  And it still needed to be done.  That is the courageous part.  And it was a story for like one news cycle 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Yup, the Taliban will violate it.  And Trump will get pilloried when they do.  And it still needed to be done.  That is the courageous part.  And it was a story for like one news cycle 

Good, bad or indifferent, ending the war in Afghanistan is huge news.

The MSM has indeed not spent much time on it, which means one thing:  They think most of the American public would react favorably.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Yes, it needed to be done.

No, it is not courageous, it is political. 

25 minutes ago, noonereal said:

it's been 19 years...

Hey, how one can admire TRump and be an upstanding person eludes me but humans a a full bag of contradictions. 

During those 19 years how many Presidents decided enough is enough? You can bet your ass if Killary was President this was would not be ending. Or if Obama would have ended it the press wouldnt be licking his sack.

You also mentioned this was only political. When is ever starting or ending a war not political? 

1 hour ago, concha said:

Good, bad or indifferent, ending the war in Afghanistan is huge news.

The MSM has indeed not spent much time on it, which means one thing:  They think most of the American public would react favorably.

conch....I despise Trumpy The Ass Clown...but I learned a long time ago that a blind hog will find an acorn every now and then.  I support stopping all the war/police actions in the Middle East.  I support closing ALL the military bases on foreign soil.  I support bringing our troops HOME.

My question to you...and it's a serious one...what is there to negotiate?  You simply pack your shit up and come home.  There is no "peace deal" to broker.  This doesn't hafta be complicated.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

conch....I despise Trumpy The Ass Clown...but I learned a long time ago that a blind hog will find an acorn every now and then.  I support stopping all the war/police actions in the Middle East.  I support closing ALL the military bases on foreign soil.  I support bringing our troops HOME.

My question to you...and it's a serious one...what is there to negotiate?  You simply pack your shit up and come home.  There is no "peace deal" to broker.  This doesn't hafta be complicated.

Rufus>>

The deal is making sure that that ISIS the Taliban or whoever let the Afghanistan people are able to rule themselves. That Afghanistan is no longer a staging point for terror. Basically not another Libya.

• Like 1

One of the first casualties of the Afghan war was a young Marine from Spartanburg.  A Marine in my Sunday school class had his grandson (also a Marine) killed in Afghanistan.  A urologist in Spartanburg had his Marine son come home minus 3 limbs.  If there was a purpose to all this, it is long past.  My very conservative father had grave reservations about all these military missions.  Now I understand why.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

The deal is making sure that that ISIS the Taliban or whoever let the Afghanistan people are able to rule themselves. That Afghanistan is no longer a staging point for terror. Basically not another Libya.

I honestly can't believe you typed that shit with a straight face.  

Sarcasm?

Rufus>>

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

During those 19 years how many Presidents decided enough is enough? You can bet your ass if Killary was President this was would not be ending. Or if Obama would have ended it the press wouldnt be licking his sack.

You also mentioned this was only political. When is ever starting or ending a war not political? 

you are right. Both hill and Obie would not sacrifice security for political gain as TRumnp does. 

Finally, we agree!