Market

THS2011

On 3/17/2020 at 3:33 PM, paladin4ever said:

Still in serious buy mode. 

On 3/17/2020 at 3:35 PM, paladin4ever said:

Market up nearly 700 points today. Glad i purchased that index fund. 😄

On 3/17/2020 at 3:36 PM, paladin4ever said:

My investment strategy is simple...I bet on America and she has not let me down yet.

The market is down almost 6% since this brilliant stream of consciousness.

A lot of cliche machines on this forum.

"Buy low, sell high!"

Except you have to actually, you know, understand where the floor is first.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

The market is down almost 6% since this brilliant stream of consciousness.

A lot of cliche machines on this forum.

"Buy low, sell high!"

Except you have to actually, you know, understand where the floor is first.

The DJIA is down ~9,000 since this tweet:

I prefer presidents that put their assets into a blind trust, don't know if they will personally gain or lose, and don't give ANYBODY stock tips.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

The DJIA is down ~9,000 since this tweet:

I prefer presidents that put their assets into a blind trust, don't know if they will personally gain or lose, and don't give ANYBODY stock tips.

So you're telling me it's not good to have a day-trader as President?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Take a look at this.  This is inline with what you posted about their inside knowledge.  Notice how this Senators message was opposite of what trump was briefing.   https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/politics/richard-burr-coronavirus-comments/index.html 

There is not a doubt in my mind that they intentionally down played the virus and it's potential affects while having knowledge to the contrary. 

The media is just now picking up on it. I was out front on this. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is not a doubt in my mind that they intentionally down played the virus and it's potential affects while having knowledge to the contrary. 

Yep they played us and took off with our life savings.  

You were also spot on about them not wanting the true number of those infected.  I’m hearing countless folks that  walk-in with symptoms but are being turned away from testing b/c they couldn’t prove they were in contact with another person tested positive.  Ridiculous! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

and another...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dianne-feinstein-3-senate-colleagues-sold-off-stocks-before-coronavirus-crash-reports

If they had their portfolios in a blind trust, Idk. Those that didn't, took the money and ran. I'd also look at the people.close to them all as well. 

One thing to add... like in the case of Burr, he wasn't downplaying the virus his self. He was actually talking about it,. 

The guy with the megaphone was downplaying it though. It's not just government folks that had the info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Yep they played us and took off with our life savings.  

You were also spot on about them not wanting the true number of those infected.  I’m hearing countless folks that  walk-in with symptoms but are being turned away from testing b/c they couldn’t prove they were in contact with another person tested positive.  Ridiculous! 

If someone was even possibly in contact with an infected person, and they come tell you they think they were... Test them!

By the time they have symptoms they've already infected countless others. Given what we know about transmission rates and asymptomatic people transmitting the virus, it's fucking stupid to make people wait until they are symptomatic and/or jump through 42 hoops to get a test.  Especially if you are going to mandate lockdowns, shut the economies down and etc. 

They took their chips off the table in the markets, and now they get to reset, pause the entire world economy basically, starve us out where we are in ruin finacially at our houses, then they can reinvest low all over again. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If someone was even possibly in contact with an infected person, and they come tell you they think they were... Test them!

By the time they have symptoms they've already infected countless others. Given what we know about transmission rates and asymptomatic people transmitting the virus, it's fucking stupid to make people wait until they are symptomatic and/or jump through 42 hoops to get a test.  Especially if you are going to mandate lockdowns, shut the economies down and etc. 

They took their chips off the table in the markets, and now they get to reset, pause the entire world economy basically, starve us out where we are in ruin finacially at our houses, then they can reinvest low all over again. 

Yep!  There it is...

to add fuel to the fire, our Governor just tapped the brakes on the TX economy temporarily closing all schools, restaurants (no dining in) and gyms 

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yep!  There it is...

to add fuel to the fire, our Governor just put the brakes on the TX economy temporarily closing all schools, restaurants (no dining in) and gyms 

They're gonna have plausible deniability. They're gonna say it was unforeseen and all that. Which is somewhat true, but not completely true. They magically had just enough more time than the rest of us to get out. 

• Like 1