What about the British strategy?

Bormio

56 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

"I demand it". Get a load of this shit. You're a fucking turd, tough guy🤣. You're a joke. 

This clown wouldn’t say half the shit he does in the same room with you. Several others here do the same. Haha, I have to keep reminding ya, that I told you he was a fool.... Just like DLS qb isn’t any good! 

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

I'll answer stop being a fucking pussy and live your life. If you die you die.

I'll be damned if this bullshit will change my life one fucking iota. I've not and won't change a fucking thing.

Fuck Wuhan coronavirus

I kinda feel this way, but, due to my decision to not change my life (much) I can't hug or kiss my mother who is 70 with some level of COPD, diabetes and renal issues. 

I agree with the over all premise though. Shutting everything down is probably not the right answer for a multitude of economic reasons and even impact on healthcare workers. 

• Like 2

There is an article in National Review that is titled “How to help the economy: Stop the spread of the epidemic”.  I think that is wrong - helping the economy depends on getting to the other side of the epidemic as quickly as possible, while saving lives.  Now if we get a vaccine - great.  Otherwise ending the epidemic likely means a whole bunch of people getting infected.  We want to drag the process out some, to protect the healthcare system.  But not so long that restaurants are closed for 2 years. Sky News every night shows the front page of the British papers.  Despite the controversy over Johnson’s decision, the papers almost uniformly are leading with protecting Britain’s elderly for the next 4 months.  After all, these are the people that turned to Churchill in a desperate crisis.  They know when it is time to stop politics.

• Like 3

I like to clown around and all like most everyone, but, when we talk about percentages it's one thing, then, when I apply those percentages to my community... Well, it's a whole different thing. I probably know 70 percent of the 46k people in my county on some level. When you start applying the numbers to them, not just any numbers or any old someone from tim-buk-two, but them that I know. My neighbors and friends. Well, it makes arguing about 2% seem kind of silly. 

Then saying as many as 1000 of them could need the hospital, maybe all inside of the next few weeks, when the hospital has a total of 96 beds and they can't really dedicate all of them for covid-19, it starts putting things into a context that is much easier to understand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

There is an article in National Review that is titled “How to help the economy: Stop the spread of the epidemic”.  I think that is wrong - helping the economy depends on getting to the other side of the epidemic as quickly as possible, while saving lives.  Now if we get a vaccine - great.  Otherwise ending the epidemic likely means a whole bunch of people getting infected.  We want to drag the process out some, to protect the healthcare system.  But not so long that restaurants are closed for 2 years. Sky News every night shows the front page of the British papers.  Despite the controversy over Johnson’s decision, the papers almost uniformly are leading with protecting Britain’s elderly for the next 4 months.  After all, these are the people that turned to Churchill in a desperate crisis.

Apparently they have come up with a vaccine already. Supposed to be tested as early as tomorrow here in the US.

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I kinda feel this way, but, due to my decision to not change my life (much) I can't hug or kiss my mother who is 70 with some level of COPD, diabetes and renal issues. 

I agree with the over all premise though. Shutting everything down is probably not the right answer for a multitude of economic reasons and even impact on healthcare workers. 

So sorry to hear that Hawg 😢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Yet I'm hearing 12-18 months

From Charlie Kirk posted on Twitter

BREAKING: A new vaccine is in the works for the China Corona Virus The first participant in the clinical trial will receive his test on Monday Dr. Anthony Fauci has said the process of getting this vaccine into testing has occurred at the fastest rates in history Incredible!

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thc6795 said:

My 77 yr old father lives with me. He thinks this is more bullshit than I do.

And he's right. I'm over 70, and I think it's bullshit too. The wife and I went out to the movies yesterday, and saw "The Hunt." (It was great!)

Went to Fiesta Guadalajara last week, and to Red Robin a few days ago. Went to church today, but the Masses were cancelled until further notice. Checked to make sure the restaurant we booked for St. Patrick's Day dinner was still open...and it was. We're not even a little bit worried.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

And he's right. I'm over 70, and I think it's bullshit too. The wife and I went out to the movies yesterday, and saw "The Hunt." (It was great!)

Went to Fiesta Guadalajara last week, and to Red Robin a few days ago. Went to church today, but the Masses were cancelled until further notice. Checked to make sure the restaurant we booked for St. Patrick's Day dinner was still open...and it was. We're not even a little bit worried.

You still share wine out of a communal cup with other parishioners each Sunday, and are throwing caution to the wind with other activities above, which is certainly your choice.

You two are washing your hands, aren't you?

On 3/15/2020 at 9:43 AM, 15yds4gibberish said:

@HawgGoneIt

Nice link.  Thank you.  Highlighting a couple of points for no particular reason 😉

‘A SPECTACULAR FEAT’

The linchpin of South Korea’s response has been a testing programme that has screened more people per capita for the virus than any other country by far. By carrying out up to 15,000 tests per day, health officials have been able to screen some 250,000 people – about one in every 200 South Koreans – since January.

8,236 confirmed cases to date, and 75 deaths. 

I would sayis doing a great job.

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

You still share wine out of a communal cup with other parishioners each Sunday, and are throwing caution to the wind with other activities above, which is certainly your choice.

You two are washing your hands, aren't you?

Yes, thank you. The one concession we decided to make though was to skip the wine, but the Mass was cancelled anyway. I also believe that alcohol could kill it, although the wine might not be potent enough. I have PBR, vodka, and above all RUM to help me fight the virus. Arrr-Harrr. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Yes, thank you. The one concession we decided to make though was to skip the wine, but the Mass was cancelled anyway. I also believe that alcohol could kill it, although the wine might not be potent enough. I have PBR, vodka, and above all RUM to help me fight the virus. Arrr-Harrr. 

Lots more services are now being broadcast so you can "attend" at home. And they'll never know you are substituting PBR during the Eucharist.

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...