"ONE" OOS Game You Hope Your State Plays..

RedZone

24 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Western would have to take that back breaker of a trip to play in a very hostile environment, the likes they never have experienced. These teams are used to playing in small stadiums with not a lot of people. 

And Milton ain’t chopped liver. They have a state title winning coach who knows how to win and get his team motivated. Coaching is always huge in HSFB. 

Western has never been more than a hour away from home. They haven’t done the oos thing before. It’s unknown. 

Milton would have breezed by 35-10 or something like that 

Last year Milton went 1-4 vs. the top 1000 with their lone win being by 4 points over #882 Roswell.

But they'd totally beat Western by 25.

No wonder you were a GardenStateBaller acolyte. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJB is hosting MC and DFB. Playing MNW in Canton, OH at Nike event. 

I guess SJB got tired of going down south. They want that home field advantage vs the florida teams...lol. 

And you're still not off the hook with this usaa thing. Don't think we forgot! We still have questions and you need to provide answers. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 9:58 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Can't say, because I don't follow all the transfers all the time. If I was betting on which Atlanta area team to watch this year, I'd be putting dollar bills on Grayson. 

Marietta could be ok this year, idk. I do know they haven't historically been a juggernaut, and even with a good number of transfers 2 years ago, they were "disappointing." They finally put a season together last year with a couple of senior beasts on the field that are now gone. 

And the house...And the boat...And the land...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Is this game gonna be on ESPN I wonder. Highland Springs advertised they needed a game a while back for 8/28 for ESPN

Someone speculated about that on the WV board back in April but no one else had any info:

http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_tgc/index.php/topic,19051.msg221791.html

They are scheduled to play at Martinsburg this year and Highland Springs next year. Would be first game for Martinsburg's new coach after the coach who built the program took a D2 college HC job.

Based on this post from VirginiaPreps it doesn't look good for Virginia teams playing in August:

https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/vhsl-to-furlough-staff-return-to-play-scenarios.67488/

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, sausmann9 said:

1. St. Joseph’s Prep (Pennsylvania) vs. Shadow Creek (Texas) at Galena ISD Stadium

and if I was allowed to choose a second game it would be

2. De La Salle (California) at North Shore (Texas)

Yeah, those are 2 great and interesting games that don't happen often for TX. 

My 2nd choice is John Curtis vs Edgewater.

A lot of people have Edgewater top 5 in Florida while most people here don't have John Curtis top 5 Louisiana this preseason. Most people are normally wrong about John Curtis though. 

I'll be really surprised if any of these games happen. The reality of the situation will eventually become a reality to the people making these decisions.

• Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

I'll be really surprised if any of these games happen. The reality of the situation will eventually become a reality to the people making these decisions.

sadly I think you are corrrect here.  I think people really fuck it up this summer w/ COVID.  My area just went from Red to Yellow zone (via governors orders) and the streets were flooded tonight.  Mayors were blocking off streets in Bethlehem, Allentown, and Easton to put seats oiut in the streets.  Great intentions but just too early.   I think part 2 of this hits us like a brick.  I hope I'm sooooo wrong though.

• Like 1