"ONE" OOS Game You Hope Your State Plays..

RedZone

Hoping American Heritage Plantation (AHP) vs Edna Karr (NOLA) happens....game is scheduled 9/11 in NOLA which is Week 2 in Louisiana and Week 3 or 4? in Florida.

Edna Karr has John Curtis (NOLA) Week 1

AHP has Dillard, Apopka, and Venice before Edna Karr.

South Florida vs South Louisiana. 

Both squads have had great runs this decade.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/_zPbe6ZDj0ufI5BL_NVl3A/top-20-most-dominant-louisiana-high-school-football-programs-of-last-decade.htm

2. Edna Karr (New Orleans) (302)
State championships: 2012 (4A), 2016 (4A), 2017 (4A), 2018 (4A), 2019 (4A)
State runner-up: 2010 (4A), 2011 (4A), 2013 (4A), 2015 (4A)
State Top 25: 2010 (7), 2011 (16), 2012 (2), 2013 (5), 2015 (25), 2016 (2), 2017 (3), 2018 (4), 2019 (8)
Nationally ranked:  N/A

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/6vAOpW8ojEqenHaZgfuhEA/top-20-most-dominant-florida-high-school-football-programs-of-last-decade.htm

State championships: 2013 (5A), 2014 (5A), 2016 (5A), 2017 (5A)
State runner-up: 2015 (3A)
State Top 25: 2013 (4), 2014 (5), 2015 (9), 2016 (4), 2017 (2), 2018 (17), 2019 (12)
Nationally ranked: 2017 (6)
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

TBH, there wasn't a really exciting OOS game for any of Georgia's high schools imo. At least not one that I would be just hoping to be allowed to go on. Most were pretty crappy mismatches or just weren't tickling my tooter-totter at all. 

I think I have a little new insight into Nolebull's viewpoint on Florida teams constantly lining up for mismatch OOS games.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

TBH, there wasn't a really exciting OOS game for any of Georgia's high schools imo. At least not one that I would be just hoping to be allowed to go on. Most were pretty crappy mismatches or just weren't tickling my tooter-totter at all. 

I read McEachern vs STA was cancelled.

Marietta is still slated to play Armwood

https://www.mdjonline.com/cobb_football_friday/high-profile-games-become-issue-for-marietta-mceachern-football-teams/article_d15ffd98-9c5f-11ea-b72e-5309891cab57.html

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Yeah, I guess the McEachern game may have been interesting. I'm not overly excited about either of those two teams this year really though. McEachern had a lot of guys transfer out with some apparent culture change ongoing there, and Marietta graduated a lot. 

• Like 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Fuck does that mean. 

sfa graduated everyone every single year. 

as long as you got a coach like Morgan or bifF they will continue to be powerhouses because they can get the best kids Money can buy

It means I doubt the game will be all that important as far as the grand scheme and landscape of Georgia is this year. 

You're silly to even try to compare SFA and Marietta. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It means I doubt the game will be all that important as far as the grand scheme and landscape of Georgia is this year. 

Just for sake of arguing How many transfers were on Mariettas team before Richie came in and then how many transfers were on team when Morgan was coach

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hawg...for Colquitt...any game north of Cordele is practically OOS.   Personally...I'd like to see us cancel Marietta and add Pelham.  At least I think I would.  I've heard...there was a reason Pinkins didn't want to go to Valdosta.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Just for sake of arguing How many transfers were on Mariettas team before Richie came in and then how many transfers were on team when Morgan was coach

Can't say, because I don't follow all the transfers all the time. If I was betting on which Atlanta area team to watch this year, I'd be putting dollar bills on Grayson. 

Marietta could be ok this year, idk. I do know they haven't historically been a juggernaut, and even with a good number of transfers 2 years ago, they were "disappointing." They finally put a season together last year with a couple of senior beasts on the field that are now gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Hoping American Heritage Plantation (AHP) vs Edna Karr (NOLA) happens....

AHP's Head Coach Patrick Surtain Sr. is from NOLA and played QB/DB for Edna Karr...part of a the 1993 team that won state. Edna Karr's first state championship.

Surtain  Sr. was drafted 2nd RD in 1998 and played 11 seasons in the NFL at DB...3X Pro Bowl

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I have a little new insight into Nolebull's viewpoint on Florida teams constantly lining up for mismatch OOS games.

Read that a slew of mismatch games involving Florida teams have been cancelled which is great. 

St Frances vs Palmetto

Viera vs Westlake

Creekside vs Inlet Grove

Western vs Milton

Hope more come. There are plenty. Lol 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Read that a slew of mismatch games involving Florida teams have been cancelled which is great. 

St Frances vs Palmetto

Viera vs Westlake

Creekside vs Inlet Grove

Western vs Milton

Hope more come. There are plenty. Lol 

What makes you think Milton vs Western is a mismatch? This ain't the same milton from 2 years ago, brotha....

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

What makes you think Milton vs Western is a mismatch? This ain't the same milton from 2 years ago, brotha....

Western would have to take that back breaker of a trip to play in a very hostile environment, the likes they never have experienced. These teams are used to playing in small stadiums with not a lot of people. 

And Milton ain’t chopped liver. They have a state title winning coach who knows how to win and get his team motivated. Coaching is always huge in HSFB. 

Western has never been more than a hour away from home. They haven’t done the oos thing before. It’s unknown. 

Milton would have breezed by 35-10 or something like that