Confederate Flag Banned at Nascar Events...

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

haha... c'mon dem word of the day memes can be pretty funny... we gotta laugh at ourselves folks and our differences are humorous..people just too damn uptight. again I must call on George for some critical thinking lol and to make fun of ourselves ..

George Carlin is the GOAT. 

Always loved his stuff. 

bgw

17 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Wallace has a history of fines..lol Last year. (actually I had forgotten about this)  

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/nascar/a2154756/drivers-agree-nascar-had-penalize-bubba-wallace-admitting/

Drivers agree: NASCAR had to penalize Bubba Wallace for admitting to intentional spin

The 26-year-old basically told reporters: "I did it, so what?"

NASCAR was left with no choice but to penalize Bubba Wallace after he admitted to intentionally spinning at Texas.

NASCAR fined him $50,000 and docked him 50 points, a sizable penalty on both fronts since he has neither a treasure trove of cash nor the points to fall back on. 

IN THE WALL!!!!!!

Cool.... fuckin’ rebel, just what NASCAR needs. 

Keeping it stirred up. Hell, what else they got. All corporate types. 

So, the far right assholes hate Bubba, cool! I’m gonna buy the fucking hat and parade the fuck around. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Cool.... fuckin’ rebel, just what NASCAR needs. 

Keeping it stirred up. Hell, what else they got. All corporate types. 

So, the far right assholes hate Bubba, cool! I’m gonna buy the fucking hat and parade the fuck around. 

bgw

I smelled bullshit from the get-go. A  black racecar driver named "Bubba"?? Come on now. Nascar playing the game to keep sponsors. They could give a fuck about this guy. A means to an end. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Wallace has a history of fines..lol Last year. (actually I had forgotten about this)  

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/nascar/a2154756/drivers-agree-nascar-had-penalize-bubba-wallace-admitting/

Drivers agree: NASCAR had to penalize Bubba Wallace for admitting to intentional spin

The 26-year-old basically told reporters: "I did it, so what?"

NASCAR was left with no choice but to penalize Bubba Wallace after he admitted to intentionally spinning at Texas.

NASCAR fined him $50,000 and docked him 50 points, a sizable penalty on both fronts since he has neither a treasure trove of cash nor the points to fall back on. 

IN THE WALL!!!!!!

Hey i started the in the wall thing!!!!! 

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Mos def.  I can try and counsel him when I head over to NYC in late July.  If travel is allowed.  Have a trip planned there and visiting some fam in Franklin Lakes, so would be glad to meet up with him and the other fool from Paterson to exchange our differences. 

Just wondering if you were Catholic there Padre....

Also wondering if you knew that the Catholic church in Franklin Lakes was burned to the ground...

Just curious

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, rockinl said:

I love the South. Im a proud Southerner. I grew up in the DEEP South. Southeast Mississippi where southern tradition meant as much as family and where Jim Crow was alive and well during my childhood. I can remember how Jim Crow laws effected black peoples daily lives.

Had many relatives that fought for the Confederacy. Id bet most had no idea why they were fighting, but they were called, and did so with honor. Many of those, along with some slaves are buried in our church cemetery. There were old people alive when I was a youngster, who's PARENTS were slaves, and Im not THAT old.

Ive always heard, and now know it's true, that as you get older, you should get a little wiser. I think I have on this issue.

And that's why I say, it's past time to officially retire the Confederate flag to a museum of history. As I've gotten older and have many friends of all colors and nationalities, I realize that our values and traditions arent always the same. Doesnt make any of them wrong. And some of our ancestors had vastly different life experiences. Some of our traditions are based on past things that were horribly wrong. Ive tried to imagine how I would feel about a flag that was used as a symbol for a part of the country where my ancestors were enslaved and many times tortured or hanged. I wouldnt like it at all, and would probably raise hell until either it, or I was gone. The flag didnt do it, but it represented those who did. To me it would be akin to flying the Nazi flag today in Germany. 

As a nation, we cant cave in to every complaint and whim every time someones feelings are hurt, but this is one that needs to be settled.

Nice to see someone smart on here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

As per the CEO of Chick-fil-A who I respect for closing business on Sundays and losing millions of dollars in the process to let his employees worship I must now shine the shoes of every black person I see for reparation??

OK! I'll get my shine box ready 😕😕😕😂😂😂😂😂

That feet cleaning thing is an old church practice that people took and ran with. If shining shoes is what you wanna do then go for it. A great thing you could do is educate yourself that would better the world even if its just a little. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

That feet cleaning thing is an old church practice that people took and ran with. If shining shoes is what you wanna do then go for it. A great thing you could do is educate yourself that would better the world even if its just a little. 

He said Shine the shoes not clean the feet try to understand and keep up Junior

16 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

He said Shine the shoes not clean the feet try to understand and keep up Junior

I was using it as a reference of cleaning anything including shoes. figured you could keep up. 

People took the feet cleaning and turned it into all kinds of avenues. 

Well regardless...it will be a cold day in hell before I wash someone's feet or shine their shoes because of slavery..my grandparents came from the boot and the emerald island...so they didn't own slaves...and who was the nut job that said every white person should give $10 to every black person they see for reparation...yeah OK!

Since I just love dying on hills and clearly have been so wrong about this garage pull issue...

NASCAR released the pic of the garage pull in Bubba's garage. It's a very normal looking garage pull. I'm guessing every guy arguing about it on here has the exact same configuration in their garage. 

i.thumb.jpeg.4ee404168aaeffc94cbde2f66f8172d9.jpeg

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29364817/nascar-releases-image-noose-found-bubba-wallace-garage-says-concern-was-real

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Since I just love dying on hills and clearly have been so wrong about this garage pull issue...

NASCAR released the pic of the garage pull in Bubba's garage. It's a very normal looking garage pull. I'm guessing every guy arguing about it on here has the exact same configuration in their garage. 

i.thumb.jpeg.4ee404168aaeffc94cbde2f66f8172d9.jpeg

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29364817/nascar-releases-image-noose-found-bubba-wallace-garage-says-concern-was-real

Hawg,  I basically agree with points you have made in every post on this topic.....Here's something additional to consider.

Can't say they didn't have that pic before and the release wasn't delayed, can't say they shouldn't have released it from the get-go if they are going to release it anyway...

This whole thingy is a set-up....and it F'n 💩 stinks.  

Lot's of people arguing about, what we are being told to argue about....

🤷‍♂️

PS: in the internet age of cell phones etc. when major authorities get involved, you can guarantee they already know the whole story (which we obviously don't)....I expect those revelations to come as late as that picture.

These are some of my pictures that don't have myself, my family or friends in them, from 2017 which was the last time I was in the active garages at Talladega. It's a mix of cup and xfinity garages and I gave to say, there is usually so much going on that you aren't paying attention to the stupid garage pulls, but, they do end up in a lot of pictures by chance. 

Just a simple square knot on the end of this one with the pull on the end of the door.

20170506_082425.thumb.jpg.4d468334ed05a66c9e53c5c012575a3d.jpg

Just a square knot on the end of this one, with the pull on the end of the door. 

20170506_082330.thumb.jpg.f669e0a22f8687de36ef215b1b60d646.jpg

This one has it's pull in the center of the door. Square knot again. 

20170506_080934.thumb.jpg.6380bcd8f6e874eee0d0671080b8a996.jpg

No knot at all. Pull in the center of the door. 

20170506_080451.thumb.jpg.f52bdd7da215afe76e607418f4bc3b65.jpg

Short loop in the center of the door. 

20170506_080840.thumb.jpg.f95babfb2323c68f972fed748aa1d0cd.jpg

This is the xfinity garage. I can't really see any pulls from this angle at this garage. 

20170506_082418.thumb.jpg.36725140d76fc8588bab5aa666c3dc1a.jpg

No pull. 

20170506_081055.thumb.jpg.8c2956d5cfe41a85f4b8984f6ae83fb8.jpg

No visible pulls.

20170506_081024.thumb.jpg.9bb2a56e06aa65576c06e2db92c41d29.jpg

There has been a fairly large scale renovation there since then so I'm sure there has been some changes, although I don't think they messed with the garages a lot, but, nooses are not a normal configuration for garage pulls that I have seen.

Not at any NASCAR affiliated track I've been to. 

20170506_081917.jpg

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Troll said:

Hawg,  I basically agree with points you have made in every post on this topic.....Here's something additional to consider.

Can't say they didn't have that pic before and the release wasn't delayed, can't say they shouldn't have released it from the get-go if they are going to release it anyway...

This whole thingy is a set-up....it F'n 💩 stinks.  

Lot's of people arguing about what we are being told to argue about....

🤷‍♂️

Nah I disagree. 

I think people are arguing because they have some emotional investment in the flag issue and dislike what they see as some attack on their culture. I've never seen so many NASCAR garage pull experts in one place in my life. The internet is loaded with them over the past few days and not one can produce a pull that looks like the one that was in Bubba's stall. xD

And why are they arguing about how normal a garage pull tied in a loop is exactly? Nobody told them to. They took exception to certain things going on inside their own heads. They refuse to understand or believe there are issues ongoing or they are more nefarious and they know there is some serious racial issues going on and they want to keep them going. 

These guys and people like them on twitter,instagram and everywhere, with no real idea of what they are arguing or why, have been character assassinating Bubba Wallace and NASCAR since this thing happened. Jussie Smollett memes abound. 

• Like 1

Like you, idk why they didn't release the pic. I assume it had something to do with the FBI investigation but, they could have released it yesterday as the announcement from the investigation had occurred. 

I don't think they would have wanted to release it during the active investigation and apparently the FBI or NASCAR cut it down as a part of the investigation. 

They are usually pretty smart as it pertains to press releases and all. I know that's arguable as far as which side of the direction they've been moving you are on. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah I disagree. 

I think people are arguing because they have some emotional investment in the flag issue and dislike what they see as some attack on their culture. I've never seen so many NASCAR garage pull experts in one place in my life. The internet is loaded with them over the past few days and not one can produce a pull that looks like the one that was in Bubba's stall. xD

And why are they arguing about how normal a garage pull tied in a loop is exactly? Nobody told them to. They took exception to certain things going on inside their own heads. They refuse to understand or believe there is issues ongoing or they are more nefarious and they know there is some serious racial issues going on. 

These guys and people like them on twitter,instagram and everywhere, with no real idea of what they are arguing or why have been character assassinating Bubba Wallace and NASCAR since this thing happened. Jussie Smollett memes abound. 

I don't see any hard disagreement...

when I see a blatant set-up like this, I'm not jumping the gun and blaming ANYONE. 

(and Certainly not Bubba personally,  when it was supposedly 'BROUGHT' to him)

The whole flag thingy and this are hand and glove...setup.

PS: Seems fairly damaging to NASCAR...

...but they are the only sport in the spotlight right now. 🤔

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

I don't see any hard disagreement...

when I see a blatant set-up like this, I'm not jumping the gun and blaming ANYONE. 

(and Certainly not Bubba personally,  when it was supposedly 'BROUGHT' to him)

The whole flag thingy and this are hand and glove...setup.

PS: Seems fairly damaging to NASCAR...

...but they are the only sport in the spotlight right now. 🤔

Yeah. I don't think their press handled this very well. At the same time, some beautiful moments came out of it with the unity displayed at the beginning of the race. Everyone on the teams taking Bubba and showing him he is loved and wanted.  That was a big deal for a guy with depression and the type of pressure on him of late. 

I know some will disagree, but, at the end of the day, NASCAR will come out better than they went into this all. They can afford to shed  certain types of fans as they become more inclusive for everyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2