COVID and the 2020 football season

Bodysurf

This is not good to say the least. And Texas had 12 players test positive yesterday. The virus is still with us. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I just don’t see any football being played this Fall. At least for college and high school. NFL can isolate their players and play in empty stadiums and still make billion off their TV contracts and marketing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

This is not good to say the least. And Texas had 12 players test positive yesterday. The virus is still with us. I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I just don’t see any football being played this Fall. At least for college and high school. NFL can isolate their players and play in empty stadiums and still make billion off their TV contracts and marketing.

Yeah, this is a big concern in my opinion. The other stuff going on dominating the news making people forget that we're still middle of a pandemic and shits getting pretty crazy again. 

Read a story about some health professionals that had stayed quarantined for the entire pandemic and when Florida opened their bars the entire 15 person staff went out and all 15 contracted covid on that night along with multiple bar employees and who knows how many more ppl. 

I can't see how they risk kids in locker rooms, and crowds in stands etc., when they won't barely play snow games indoors because of safe travel concerns. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, this is a big concern in my opinion. The other stuff going on dominating the news making people forget that we're still middle of a pandemic and shits getting pretty crazy again. 

Read a story about some health professionals that had stayed quarantined for the entire pandemic and when Florida opened their bars the entire 15 person staff went out and all 15 contracted covid on that night along with multiple bar employees and who knows how many more ppl. 

I can't see how they risk kids in locker rooms, and crowds in stands etc., when they won't barely play snow games indoors because of safe travel concerns. 

How do you social distance on a bus to play games, no one got money to only fit 10 kids per bus

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There's a lot of questions like that. I mean, maybe they've decided the risk is worth the reward.

Maybe there gonna decide the reward isn’t worth the risk, if things get worse, i mean if the government shut down trillion dollar Pro sports industry, I highly think they care about HS

It’s simply a matter of when, not if, fall sports at the high school level are cancelled.  In So Ca, the three biggest counties are looking like the blip down in Covid metrics is temporary and Covid19 wave 2 is going to emerge.  

San Diego Co is pushing off their reopening.  

I feel bad for all the seniors that needed a good fall to get the scholarship they needed.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Crazy times. If I could stay the same age I am now, I'd love to fast forward past 2020 to 2021. This year has been wild. Australia burning, covid 19, murder hornets, riots, Colquitt kids transferring to Valdosta, another dose of covid 19...

What next? 

What’s next,, 4 more years of this guy

3093CE05-2852-48D9-BE34-36C8E62012A0.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

HS players all over Alabama have tested positive.

This will likely be happening everywhere when teams start practicing. Young healthy high school kids getting infected is not the problem. It’s the potential danger they pose to others they may come in contact with who are older or at higher risk.

• Thanks 2

If there is no season its the fault of the idiots who refused to stay home and still refuse to wear mask. All the research is showing is all we had to do is get close to 100% cooperation for about 2 full months and there wouldn't be a second wave but here we are land of the free and ignorant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

It’s simply a matter of when, not if, fall sports at the high school level are cancelled.  In So Ca, the three biggest counties are looking like the blip down in Covid metrics is temporary and Covid19 wave 2 is going to emerge.  

San Diego Co is pushing off their reopening.  

I feel bad for all the seniors that needed a good fall to get the scholarship they needed.

Well the spring athletes were screwed over the same way, I wonder if they will try and give special treatment to football athletes by trying to get them a "5th year" even though they didn't care enough to do it for spring athletes 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

If there is no season its the fault of the idiots who refused to stay home and still refuse to wear mask. All the research is showing is all we had to do is get close to 100% cooperation for about 2 full months and there wouldn't be a second wave but here we are land of the free and ignorant.

It only took you several months but you finally said something I agree with 

The morons in this country who felt "wearing a mask" was infringing on their rights have made this worse 

And the morons in this government who have no clue how to handle a more contagious strand of the flu has caused this country to be halted but we will see clowns like Trump and his followers saying it's the Democrats fault even though his bullshit is clear as day and his lack of qualifications are getting exposed by this virus 

• Like 2

I wear a mask anytime I go out because I'm not taking any chances and I would wear a mask, gloves, shield, etc to a game if that's what it takes, would have done so in the spring but you got people out there who think they have a constitutional right to go around with no mask and potentially infecting people and those scum are nothing but pathetic human beings and they have caused this virus to get worse 

The lack of intelligent life in this country has extended the length of this virus 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I wear a mask anytime I go out because I'm not taking any chances and I would wear a mask, gloves, shield, etc to a game if that's what it takes, would have done so in the spring but you got people out there who think they have a constitutional right to go around with no mask and potentially infecting people and those scum are nothing but pathetic human beings and they have caused this virus to get worse 

The lack of intelligent life in this country has extended the length of this virus 

A lot of people just don't care about the coronavirus anymore. You also have a lot of people who are afraid to get tested, and the test really ain't bad either. But yeah, it's crazy how you have people who've had the coronavirus tell others how not to get it, but it just goes in one ear and out the other because they feel as if it won't happen to them.

27 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

A lot of people just don't care about the coronavirus anymore. You also have a lot of people who are afraid to get tested, and the test really ain't bad either. But yeah, it's crazy how you have people who've had the coronavirus tell others how not to get it, but it just goes in one ear and out the other because they feel as if it won't happen to them.

This is true, especially with the younger generation. As a teen and being around many of the same age as me, everyone is starting to have the feeling that "we can't let coronavirus control our life". And with this feeling comes no masks, close contact, and other activities that can harm people and their community. I think my generation is just sick of having something control their lives. This is just based on what others told me, so these views probably don't reflect those of teens across the country.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

This is true, especially with the younger generation. As a teen and being around many of the same age as me, everyone is starting to have the feeling that "we can't let coronavirus control our life". And with this feeling comes no masks, close contact, and other activities that can harm people and their community. I think my generation is just sick of having something control their lives. This is just based on what others told me, so these views probably don't reflect those of teens across the country.

I hate it controlling my life but I also realize that it's very easy to wear masks and gloves and just continue on with my life as Normal

It don't bother me to do that

45 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Exactly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I hate it controlling my life but I also realize that it's very easy to wear masks and gloves and just continue on with my life as Normal

It don't bother me to do that

Exactly

Yep! I feel the same way but the problem is getting others to feel that way as well.

15 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

If they try to have football this year Covid-19 will be an injury update like busted ankles.

Team X is without 7 starters due to Covid-19 quarantine.....seems silly.

Just cancel football already and face reality.