Good vid to watch for those who can't read or

Ga96

26 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Understand their own wrong doings.

You really need to upgrade your racist propaganda....

If defacto segregation is a myth, then explain how every town I've ever lived in has black people in it....

From the ghetto to million dollar neighborhoods.

individual people are not "prohibited" from living anywhere in the US, and certainly not by color.

You try to group everything into statistics, and then try to apply guilt to 'individuals'...that's pretty stupid.

Even the author here blames "old government policies" for the structure, yet you assume your audience should 'somehow' feel guilty 🤣

Maybe you should "understand your own wrongdoings" ....

and try again tomorrow morning 👌

Well I actually have to correct a statement here....

"individual people are not "prohibited" from living anywhere in the US, and certainly not by color."

There is an exception (isn't there always 🙄)

That whole age discrimination thingy.....😲

How come all those 55+ neighborhoods are allowed to discriminate? 🤔

Nut should demand justice...

no justice no peace right?

SportsNut is blaming something from 60-80 years ago for his choices today. 

My mom split when I was 16 and my dad didn’t give me shit. We had food stamps, section 8 housing and government assistance. I left at 17 and never looked back. When I was 23 I met my wife and we had a child one year later. We worked hard and bought a townhouse for $75,000. We lived there for 8 years and then moved to the burbs in a single family home in a gated community. Now the townhouse is worth $120,000 and we only owe $40K on it. It has $80K in equity. 

And guess what? My fucking dad lives in it!!! I’m his god damn landlord 😂

And not one decision that was made and earned was due to my skin color. It was due to hard work, finding my soul mate, making good life choices and not committing crimes. This all happened in the 2000’s. So don’t give me that shit that systemic oppression is stopping minorities from making quality life choices and creating opportunities for themselves. It’s bullshit

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

My mom split when I was 16 and my dad didn’t give me shit. We had food stamps, section 8 housing and government assistance. I left at 17 and never looked back. When I was 23 I met my wife and we had a child one year later. We worked hard and bought a townhouse for $75,000. We lived there for 8 years and then moved to the burbs in a single family home in a gated community. Now the townhouse is worth $120,000 and we only owe $40K on it. It has $80K in equity. 

And not one decision that was made and earned was due to my skin color. It was due to hard work, finding my soul mate, making good life choices and not committing crimes. This all happened in the 2000’s. So don’t give me that shit that systemic oppression is stopping minorities from making quality life choices and creating opportunities for themselves. It’s bullshit

Good for you brother....great post!

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

Well I actually have to correct a statement here....

"individual people are not "prohibited" from living anywhere in the US, and certainly not by color."

There is an exception (isn't there always 🙄)

That whole age discrimination thingy.....😲

How come those 55+ neighborhoods are allowed to discriminate? 🤔

Nut should demand justice...

no justice no peace right?

I will respond to your statement thus. When I first migrated to the USA, I lived in campus housing for the first year as foreigners and out of state applicants at the time of application were given preference. For my second year, I had to find non-university housing, as the preference was for first year students only. Based on my budget, my wife and I had to seek housing out side of NYC. We looked in Staten Island and various parts of Brooklyn. I will honestly state the following: it became immediately apparent that getting an apartment to rent in Staten Island and certain parts of Brooklyn was not going to happen. It had nothing to do with the cost and everything to do with "informal boundaries"  that existed. But of course, this was in the early/mid 1980s. I have no idea what things are like in the tri-state area now. 

I will add that when I moved to the Central Florida area, I was shown housing in a variety of neighborhoods ranging from mostly white to very mixed. I found it interesting and a bit surprising that in the south, the "informal boundaries" did not seem to exist to the degree they had in New York. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

I will respond to your statement thus. When I first migrated to the USA, I lived in campus housing for the first year as foreigners and out of state applicants at the time of application were given preference. For my second year, I had to find non-university housing, as the preference was for first year students only. Based on my budget, my wife and I had to seek housing out side of NYC. We looked in Staten Island and various parts of Brooklyn. I will honestly state the following: it became immediately apparent that getting an apartment to rent in Staten Island and certain parts of Brooklyn was not going to happen. It had nothing to do with the cost and everything to do with "informal boundaries"  that existed. But of course, this was in the early/mid 1980s. I have no idea what things are like in the tri-state area now. 

I will add that when I moved to the Central Florida area, I was shown housing in a variety of neighborhoods ranging from mostly white to very mixed. I found it interesting and a bit surprising that in the south, the "informal boundaries" did not seem to exist to the degree they had in New York. 

"Informal boundaries"  are real estate agents telling you "they" think you would be happier somewhere else...

...and you can't tell me that if you plopped down the cash, you couldn't get a house ...even in the 80's (unless trying for some private sale from a bigot).

You will always find some % of people who don't want new people in their neighborhood, but to say you "couldn't live there" is simply stating that you came to believe that you wouldn't be happy there...

Not saying what you listened to was BS....just that (in most places) there is a whole town of people, with most not really giving a damn one way or another...and most not even knowing their neighbors.  Now Brooklyn/Staten Island is a place effected by discrimination against "whites" and many others in the form of nationalities, background etc.....and immigrants are generally less accepting of outsiders in created stronghold areas of settlement.  I don't really think you could call that 'representative' of the whole US, but your experiences do illustrate the system has never been perfect.

🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Brooklyn is becoming very gentfied. Most places that were crack areas and slums are now million dollars homes and 3000 a month apartments 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Durn NB....tell me you don't charge your Dad for living in the townhouse !!!

Are you one of them slumlords who gouge the elderly's social security?

Tell me you let him live there for free.

Please tell me that.

Rufus>>

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Brooklyn is becoming very gentfied. Most places that were crack areas and slums are now million dollars homes and 3000 a month apartments 

so what's going on in the Bronx today? 

Looks like they made the Rubin report ....

Neighborhoods are just people....

and they generally are brought up or down the most...

by the people within them.

1 minute ago, Troll said:

so what's going on in Brooklyn today? 

Looks like they made the Rubin report today LOL....

Nothing better than yous says lmaooo straight brooklyn 

These are the smart older blacks. Now hopefully they wake up and vote republican

Again another proven that blacks lives dont matter to other blacks

Look at the pain these little assholes caused this woman for nothing 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Nothing better than yous says lmaooo straight brooklyn 

These are the smart older blacks. Now hopefully they wake up and vote republican

Again another proven that blacks lives dont matter to other blacks

Look at the pain these little assholes caused this woman for nothing 

I missed slightly....clip is from the Bronx....

Thought brooklyn at first 🙄

'Yous guys' and such seem common all around NY LOLOL.

Just now, Troll said:

I missed slightly....clip is from the Bronx....

Thought brooklyn at first

'Yous guys' and such seem common all around NY LOLOL.

Yea probably but I know it def from Brooklyn 

See though it should be people like her to flip parties. And get everyone she knows to flip parties. 

She has been negatively affected by the dem party 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yea probably but I know it def from Brooklyn 

See though it should be people like her to flip parties. And get everyone she knows to flip parties. 

She has been negatively affected by the dem party 

the party didn't loot her store...

people did...

Just sayin'

Quick question would you rather have an intelligent black family man with a highly compensated job in your neighborhood, or a trailer trash white boy drug dealer on section 8 in your neighborhood ???

Which do you think provides a better and more stable environment to raise your family ?

Extra credit Bonus question:  so which one do you think erodes or enhances your own property value more now?  and over time ?

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

the party didn't loot her store...

people did...

Just sayin'

Quick question would you rather have an intelligent black family man with a highly compensated job in your neighborhood, or a trailer trash white boy drug dealer on section 8 in your neighborhood ???

Which do you think provides a better and more stable environment to raise your family ?

Extra credit Bonus question:  so which one do you think erodes or enhances your own property value more now?  and over time ?

We all represent our parties daily 

Intelligent black man 

Intelligent blacks man definitely helps the property value 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

We all represent our parties daily 

Intelligent black man 

Intelligent blacks man definitely helps the property value 

I figured that...

But there are probably a bunch of people around here that refuse to recognize this...

And to hear it come from you (Mr. hard right supposed 'racist').....well...

is probably more 'telling' than me saying it...

😏 

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

I figured that...

But there are probably a bunch of people around here that refuse to recognize this...

And to hear it come from you (Mr. hard right supposed 'racist').....well...

is probably more 'telling' than me saying it...

😏

People assume I'm racist which is their business not mine.

I dont want the ghetto white or black near my property. Give me rich white black Asians etc 

I'll never be rich and I probably will never have property but in the case u brought up absolutely give me the rich

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

People assume I'm racist which is their business not mine.

I dont want the ghetto white or black near my property. Give me rich white black Asians etc 

I'll never be rich and I probably will never have property but in the case u brought up absolutely give me the rich

Rich have their own set of problems...so I wouldn't necessarily put that first.

Ultra rich have the exact same problem as Ultra poor....

But since your home is usually your biggest lifetime investment, people are forced to look at $ first....

and it's generally more comforting to live and be around people in your 'league' or with many similarities....

Lived in neighborhoods above my pay grade....Those people weren't 'bad' or not accepting ....but it's not like I could relate to them every day either... 

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Rich have their own set of problems...so I wouldn't necessarily put that first.

Ultra rich have the exact same problem as Ultra poor....

But since your home is usually your biggest lifetime investment, people are forced to look at $ first....

and it's generally more comforting to live and be around people in your 'league' or with many similarities....

Lived in neighborhoods above my pay grade....Those people weren't 'bad' or not accepting ....but it's not like I could relate to them every day either... 

Couldn't agree with you more

People want to live where they are comfortable 

Like i said I probably will never have that problem of picking a neighborhood since I'll never own property