It's Up to You, New... York... NEEEEWWW YOOOORRRRKKKKK!!!!!!

concha

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8595717/Cuomo-begs-wealthy-New-Yorkers-come-save-city-Ill-buy-drink.html

Cuomo begs wealthy New Yorkers to come back to save the city and pleads 'I'll buy you a drink!' as he fights off calls to raise their taxes - which he fears may scare them away forever

• Cuomo said on Tuesday that he speaks to the city's wealthiest residents 'every day', begging them to come back 
  • Many fled for the Hamptons, upstate New York or Connecticut when the pandemic hit 
  • In May, at least 420,000 of the city's wealthiest residents had fled the city  
  • Their exodus was cemented when riots and looting tore through the city in June
  • Now, there are calls for higher taxes on the super wealthy to offset the projected $30 billion deficit New York is facing over the next two years 
  • Cuomo is resisting it, saying it will only drive the billionaires out of the city for good 
  • He is furious that there remains no national plan to tackle COVID-19, and says the ongoing catastrophe in other states is holding New York back  
  • Crime is up in New York City with a shocking 286% in robberies on the Upper East Side alone 

These fucking idiots tax you to bejeesus, fuck up on Covid, and encourage radical and colossally stupid movements. Crime is up sharply?  But, but...WHY??? 

Then they wonder why people who can flee do so.

I hope they do try to soak the NYC billionaires. If they think they have revenue issues now, just fucking wait... Private jets will be taking off in droves.

'A single per cent of New York’s population pays half of the state’s taxes and they’re the most mobile people on the globe,' he [Cuomo] said.  No fucking shit, Brother of Fredo...

I give you the idiot American left...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, concha said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8595717/Cuomo-begs-wealthy-New-Yorkers-come-save-city-Ill-buy-drink.html

Cuomo begs wealthy New Yorkers to come back to save the city and pleads 'I'll buy you a drink!' as he fights off calls to raise their taxes - which he fears may scare them away forever

• Cuomo said on Tuesday that he speaks to the city's wealthiest residents 'every day', begging them to come back 
  • Many fled for the Hamptons, upstate New York or Connecticut when the pandemic hit 
  • Their exodus was cemented when riots and looting tore through the city in June
  • Now, there are calls for higher taxes on the super wealthy to offset the projected $30 billion deficit New York is facing over the next two years 
  • Cuomo is resisting it, saying it will only drive the billionaires out of the city for good 
  • He is furious that there remains no national plan to tackle COVID-19, and says the ongoing catastrophe in other states is holding New York back  
  • Crime is up in New York City with a shocking 286% in robberies on the Upper East Side alone 

These fucking idiots tax you to bejeesus, fuck up on Covid, and encourage radical and colossally stupid movements. Crime is up sharply?  But, but...WHY??? 

I do hope they try to soak the NYC billionaires. If they think they revenue issues now, just fucking wait...

I hope they never return

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, concha said:

I do hope they do try to soak the NYC billionaires. If they think they have revenue issues now, just fucking wait... Private jets will be taking off in droves.

'A single per cent of New York’s population pays half of the state’s taxes and they’re the most mobile people on the globe,' he [Cuomo] said.  No fucking shit, Brother of Fredo...

New York....New York...so nice they had to name it twice!...no place better in the world!...Enjoy Georgia!..LOL...O.o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

"Many fled for the Hamptons, upstate New York or Connecticut when the pandemic hit ."

They'll be back...;)

No outrage for the lack of a national response to the pandemic though.  But Concha is upset the most wealthy may be asked to pay a little more during the crisis of our lifetime.  People so rich they won't be hurt in the least.  

Only reason they left was because they could.  If the poor could have left they would have too.  Who wouldn't want to get away from a virus hotspot?

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

No outrage for the lack of a national response to the pandemic though.  But Concha is upset the most wealthy may be asked to pay a little more during the crisis of our lifetime.  People so rich they won't be hurt in the least.  

Only reason they left was because they could.  If the poor could have left they would have too.  Who wouldn't want to get away from a virus hotspot?

[Not shockingly] incorrect.

There has indeed been some national response, though in our system the primary responsibility falls on the states.

I am not at all upset that NY might try to squeeze the wealthy for more. It is their right and the wealthy folks are frankly stupid to live there.

My point is that if these folks flee because Cuomo and DeBlasio the Fool try to fleece them, then NY and NYC have nobody to blame but themselves.

• Like 1

A niece and her family just closed on a property in Connecticut, saying farewell to Manhattan. Her husband, a spine surgeon, was born and raised in the city, and at 40 just now chose to try something else.

It had everything to do with the spread of Covid, and their desire to distance themselves and their children from so many people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/andrew-cuomo-begs-rich-hedge-funders-fleeing-nyc-please-come-back

Crime has skyrocketed in the prestigious upper east side, While cuomo has a whole police force guarding a  painting, People are getting murdered and raped at a all time high

and Cohomo now wants to beg for his residents not to move, well it’s a little late for that now

• Haha 1

So many of these uber and ultra-rich people support the left and talk shit about conservatism.

I would be absolutely thrilled to get to see their reactions to Fredo's brother and Idiot DeBlasio sending massive tax bills to them.

What would be especially great is the possibility of such assessments being done on wealth rather than on income.

"Tom, fire up the G7.  Me and the missus are headed to Texas".

19 hours ago, concha said:

There has indeed been some national response, though in our system the primary responsibility falls on the states.

I am not at all upset that NY might try to squeeze the wealthy for more. It is their right and the wealthy folks are frankly stupid to live there.

My point is that if these folks flee because Cuomo and DeBlasio the Fool try to fleece them, then NY and NYC have nobody to blame but themselves.

"in our system the primary responsibility falls on the states."...says you and Trump?!.why hasn't the fed. gov't come up with a national strategy??...the country is begging for it...you seem to think the virus doesn't cross sates borders huh??...O.o

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

yea..it's empty...and the protesters....gone to shit?...no...that will never happen.

Your house went up 20% in value in just 3 months because the city is being abandoned... this for 2 reasons, principally Covid but also the new spike in violence. 

The too much tax thing is political nonesense... for the most part.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Your house went up 20% in value in just 3 months because the city is being abandoned... this for 2 reasons, principally Covid but also the new spike in violence. 

I know the market is on fire around us....my step son's house in under contract now...it sold in a week...4 people checked the house out the day it came on the market...the city will always attract new YUPIEs to fill the places of those who left...NY is NY...the one and only NY...it will always have an appeal and rich people living there no matter the circumstances.

20 hours ago, World Citizen said:

NYC is a hotspot for viruses, but not Covid 🧐

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

$30 billion in revenue shortfall is nonsense?

OK...  🤣

On 8/5/2020 at 10:58 AM, concha said:

The President has not been a leader in any sense of the word.  The reason we are in this mess is directly because of him.  Why would he maintain that it is all a hoax for months?  Then he undercuts his own WH recommendations by not following them.  Then he fights with and undercuts his medical experts and keeps them from any briefings to the public.  Did I mention all the misrepresentation?  

Bottom line is leaders lead and Trump apparently just wants this to disappear magically and has given up on dealing with it.  It's about him and that is all.  But it is what it is I guess.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1