College football has been cancelled!

imaGoodBoyNow

Just now, The Guru said:

Yeah, mostly it's dimwitted fan bases in the South and Texas.

I mean from the players too. I don't know how they can't play but will be allowed to go to classes on campus. A lot of players do not care about graduating especially those expecting to get drafted. The fans are a given. If the SEC and ACC play is anyone not going to watch ?

I just know for a lot of players if there is no football then there is no positive in their lives. Im in the middle if I was in their situation I would sit out because of my conditions related to breathing but if I was fully healthy I would play. I just care about the kids in the situation cause I know some are finna go right down the wrong paths.

7 hours ago, The Guru said:

Why would they be sent home?

I keep hearing this line and it's been contradicted by some of the schools themselves. Why would the players not stay in the program, continuing going to school and continuing following the protocols?

At this point it's just a bunch loons spouting whatever comes to their head because they want to play football no matter what.

It's mighty hard to believe that staying at school, going to class with hundreds of people, drinking with buds on the weekend, and then visiting friends and family members on holidays is somehow different than playing a football game on Saturday night.

I expect we will see a huge decrease in cases this fall due to this logic. 🙄

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It's mighty hard to believe that staying at school, going to class with hundreds of people, drinking with buds on the weekend, and then visiting friends and family members on holidays is somehow different than playing a football game on Saturday night.

Again, who says that these schools will have in-person classes?

Many won't.

Drinking with buds on the weekends is happening now! These kids are going to house parties now! That's not being stopped by the semi-bubbles that these teams have.

• Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I expect we will see a huge decrease in cases this fall due to this logic. 🙄

I guarantee that playing a college football season will be worse at decreasing the cases than not.

But you seem like one of the people who doesn't care.

No matter what evidence or proof is provided you'll just inevitably conclude that you don't care.

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Many won't.

Drinking with buds on the weekends is happening now! These kids are going to house parties now! That's not being stopped by the semi-bubbles that these teams have.

And there will be A LOT of high school football played as well. You're just going to have to follow high school kids on social media and/or go down to your local park to see any of the action. It'll be pick-up games in shorts with questionable officiating.

While I understand all of the cancellations, closures and rules, none of it gets us past one inconvenient truth: The citizens are the best police of themselves, and rules not embraced by society at large are rules which can not effectively be enforced. And that remains the case even if the lack of compliance is a product of some combination of stupidity or denial.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 3:45 PM, The Guru said:

Many won't.

Even though they decided to not play football this fall, practically every Big 10 school will have their campus open for students to attend this fall.  So students will be able to take classes on campus, live in residence halls, eat in their dining facilities study in the library, be able to leave the campus to go shopping and hang out at bars/restaurants/clubs.  I wonder where's the science that says that it's ok for universities to do that without the worry of an outbreak, but the liability of playing a sport is a bridge too far?

• 2 weeks later...