College football has been cancelled!

imaGoodBoyNow

15 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

It's weird that people are using the excuse that playing football this year isn't safe. Football is never safe never has been. Other arguments make sense but not that 1.

It doesn't make sense because you're misrepresenting the argument.

The virus is contagious and although younger people are very unlikely to die from it they can easily spread it to others who are more susceptible.

They are also finding that people of all ages are having serious lung issues after contracting the virus. So even if the mortality rate is low there are still long-term consequences to getting COVID-19.

You sound a devoted Clay Travis fan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@HawgGoneIt yup 

it’s happening 

Once the MAC cancelled, that was like a watershed moment. 

It's tough to keep arguing it's safe enough to play as more and more experts chime in and other schools and conferences cancel. 

The protocols make it nearly impossible also. In hsfb so far in Georgia, if a player or coach is testing positive, they are stopping operations for 14 days and quarantining all in contact. I can't figure how it's plausible to attempt a season like that. If one school shutters for 2 weeks, then they've potentially affected 2 other teams as well who lost games for those weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

It's tough to keep arguing it's safe enough to play as more and more experts chime in and other schools and conferences cancel. 

The protocols make it nearly impossible also. In hsfb so far in Georgia, if a player or coach is testing positive, they are stopping operations for 14 days and quarantining all in contact. I can't figure how it's plausible to attempt a season like that. If one school shutters for 2 weeks, then they've potentially affected 2 other teams as well who lost games for those weeks. 

Half season and full playoffs mandatory 2 weeks before each game

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I must add, I'm not sure that is GHSA protocol. I think that it may depend on the school system. We've seen a couple freeze their operations for 14 days recently, and a few cancel their fall sports in spite of the GHSA not doing so.

Similar type scenario as we are seeing with the NCAA currently with a school here and a conference there going offline for the fall. 

Not much of a surprise here on the west coast. My buddies close to the program at USC have been expecting a conference-only spring schedule for over a month now. A lot of work needs to be done to get a legitimate plan in place to make football happen in the spring. If professional football players are willingly turning down millions to opt out because of health concerns it’s a no brainer to postpone the fall college football season. We expect kids to play for free when some NFL players aren’t even playing for millions of dollars? Get outta here with that bullshit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It doesn't make sense because you're misrepresenting the argument.

The virus is contagious and although younger people are very unlikely to die from it they can easily spread it to others who are more susceptible.

They are also finding that people of all ages are having serious lung issues after contracting the virus. So even if the mortality rate is low there are still long-term consequences to getting COVID-19.

You sound a devoted Clay Travis fan.

Not at all I m just saying its not a part of the argument. I understand the risk but to say that the virus makes football dangerous is just stupid. Football has always been dangerous. That's like saying swimming with sharks is dangerous if you do it in a group because of covid. I would assume everyone knows swimming with sharks is dangerous regardless.

I know the risk of the virus first hand due to me being high risk and i have taken every step possible to stay away from it.

Just now, Ga96 said:

Not at all I m just saying its not a part of the argument. I understand the risk but to say that the virus makes football dangerous is just stupid. Football has always been dangerous. That's like saying swimming with sharks is dangerous if you do it in a group because of covid. I would assume everyone knows swimming with sharks is dangerous regardless.

So you just repeated the silly claims that you made before.

What was the point of this post?

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not much of a surprise here on the west coast. My buddies close to the program at USC have been expecting a conference-only spring schedule for over a month now. A lot of work needs to be done to get a legitimate plan in place to make football happen in the spring. If professional football players are willingly turning down millions to opt out because of health concerns it’s a no brainer to postpone the fall college football season. We expect kids to play for free when some NFL players aren’t even playing for millions of dollars? Get outta here with that bullshit. 

Definitely have a long way to go as far as behavioral changes in the general public and community spread before football could be considered safe enough to play. Basically the social distancing guidelines would have to be adjusted or dropped officially. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

So you just repeated the silly claims that you made before.

What was the point of this post?

That's was the point of me saying it makes no sense to say that the virus makes football dangerous when football is already dangerous. You just answered my question.