Should Valdosta be the favorite in every game except for

HooverOutlaw

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

1. Lowndes County an easy favorite 

2. Colquitt toss up game?

3. Lee County another toss up'?

Anybody else.

I'd take Valdosta as a slight favorite against Colquitt County and a sizeable favorite against Lee County. They would be the underdogs against Lowndes, however. Personally, I can't see any Georgia team being favorites over Lowndes (sorry Grayson).

Just now, FootballGuy said:

We need to see how Buford, Westlake and Carrollton look before we crown them 6A champs. All 6a contenders SHOULD be up to speed by week.....3? So yeah, we'll have a better read on who's the creme of the crop for 6A. 

Buford-Valdosta is a new level of fun! Carrollton could be good but I'd take both teams over them. Let's see how the perform against Collins Hill, a good representation of an average 7A team.

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

With Valdosta's  " All World" QB, Lowndes should not be taking anything for granted.

Of all Valdosta's transfers...Tajh Sanders is probably the most significant one.  But honestly, Garcia's "quick trigger" will be extremely beneficial to him against teams like Lowndes and Lee County.

Like a LOT of teams in Georgia...Valdosta's O-Line has a bunch of maturing to do.

They should be OK for a good run.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

With Valdosta's  " All World" QB, Lowndes should not be taking anything for granted.

No one says there are taking it for granted. Kid has talent and it’s admirable that he chose the best area in the country for HS football which will no doubt enhance his skill set. Kid took it on the chin last night and prevailed which is a good quality.

• Like 1

Valdosta should win 6A this year under Propst with the talent he has to work with. Not going to beat Lowndes though, not as talented and no way they can protect Garcia. Obviously we haven’t seen Colquitt yet this year, but the way Valdosta played last night would’ve gotten them beaten by every Colquitt team in the last decade. 

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Valdosta should win 6A this year under Propst with the talent he has to work with. Not going to beat Lowndes though, not as talented and no way they can protect Garcia. Obviously we haven’t seen Colquitt yet this year, but the way Valdosta played last night would’ve gotten them beaten by every Colquitt team in the last decade. 

You've got Valdosta over Buford...interesting. What makes you think that? And I actually mostly agree with your underlined statement.

57 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

You've got Valdosta over Buford...interesting. What makes you think that? And I actually mostly agree with your underlined statement.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Now as much as I want Dosta to collect number 25, I think we're jumping the gun right now. We really gotta wait to see how Westlake (who probably has the best collection of talent across all classifications), Lee County and Buford look before crowning them. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Now as much as I want Dosta to collect number 25, I think we're jumping the gun right now. We really gotta wait to see how Westlake (who probably has the best collection of talent across all classifications), Lee County and Buford look before crowning them. 

Something about Westlake tells me that their talent won't translate to 9 or 10 wins in the regular season. Just a feeling on that one.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Something about Westlake tells me that their talent won't translate to 9 or 10 wins in the regular season. Just a feeling on that one.

And I get where you coming from. Coaching has been their bugaboo. But hey, they have a new coach, so we'll see how it goes. Lee County is proven and they have the talent to win it all. Buford is Buford. 

• Like 1