The cancellations are well underway...

badrouter

Lakeland just had a coach test positive, and so the whole program is shut down for two weeks, with two game cancellations. Have to assume this is just a preview of what is to come. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't get a game in at all. The only hope was that they were going to simply quarantine individuals who tested positive and allow the remainder to play. But, if one positive test shuts everyone down, forget about it. 

10 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Lakeland just had a coach test positive, and so the whole program is shut down for two weeks, with two game cancellations. Have to assume this is just a preview of what is to come. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't get a game in at all. The only hope was that they were going to simply quarantine individuals who tested positive and allow the remainder to play. But, if one positive test shuts everyone down, forget about it. 

Chances are you can still play. See what's been happening in Georgia. There has basically been staggered starts with ADs working overtime and using previous bye dates to try filling in for missing games. 

It's gonna be crazy, but, don't give up. 

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Chances are you can still play. See what's been happening in Georgia. There has basically been staggered starts with ADs working overtime and using previous bye dates to try filling in for missing games. 

It's gonna be crazy, but, don't give up. 

If one positive case shuts it all down, they'll never get out of that cycle. It was a stupid decision to even bother scheduling a season if the rug is pulled after one positive case. Why they can't simply quarantine the positive cases is beyond me. Now, you've got an entire team (and two other teams who were opponents) sidelined when 99.9% of players and coaches have not tested positive. It's ridiculous, and yet so very typical of how the entire pandemic has gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Look at the bright side. You’re now free to go watch some elite, high-level football games at IMG and CAI. #glasshalffull 

Honestly, I'd rather watch my small-school, middle of nowhere team play than two national powers I have no relation to. It just doesn't carry the same weight for me. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, badrouter said:

If one positive case shuts it all down, they'll never get out of that cycle. It was a stupid decision to even bother scheduling a season if the rug is pulled after one positive case. Why they can't simply quarantine the positive cases is beyond me. Now, you've got an entire team (and two other teams who were opponents) sidelined when 99.9% of players and coaches have not tested positive. It's ridiculous, and yet so very typical of how the entire pandemic has gone.

They have to do contact tracing. If there is a positive case, and that person had contact with whoever, then whoever has to be quarantined. If they can't decipher who all had contact or who case zero is, then they quarantine the team. This is the way it has worked where I live anyway. 

Everyone has the same complaint about it as you appear to have, but, it's a safety issue and most places are following the guidelines of their local health officials as it pertains to tracing and quarantining. 

I can post dozens of tweets from coaches and etc all lamenting the same exact thing. 

20 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I posted a link of a county that would lead to this and got banned go figures 🤷‍♂️

You posted some dumb shit about a Florida sheriff banning use of masks in a preseason football thread with no relatable anything.

When will you be done with your tantrum about this? I can screenshot all of it, including the really nice dm I sent you asking you kindly to refrain, including the time stamp, and then the time you dropped that crap in on a football thread. It's not like a month had passed or anything. 

Get over it and stop playing dumb about the reason you got capped.

• Like 3

Such horse shit. Same thing happened with Hillsborough and Jefferson in Tampa. If you are a HS aged athlete, you are going to be fine 99.9 of the time. But now we lose endless weeks in a season because a few random people test positive. Keep those people home. Give the team a few days off so everyone can get tested and then resume.  Either parents sign a waiver agreeing to this or kids don't play this year. It's that simple. And it's ok if they don't play, as some kids will have very vulnerable people in their family with multiple underlying conditions (ie, the people that actually get very sick and can die). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

You have no idea who many people were in direct contact with that coach.

12 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, I'd rather watch my small-school, middle of nowhere team play than two national powers I have no relation to. It just doesn't carry the same weight for me. 

Na fuck that, why  are you on a national football website why wouldn’t you wanna watch a top 5 team play , but instead your watching some barely top 250 team

11 hours ago, ngdawg said:

It's still NG, remember? And NG is a nationally-ranked team.

@AztecPadre what say you

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Na fuck that, why  are you on a national football website why wouldn’t you wanna watch a top 5 team play , but instead your watching some barely top 250 team

@AztecPadre what say you

North Gwinnett ranked 22nd in the nation in 2017 and 40-something in 2019. 60-something in 2018. I'll take that as national.

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@AztecPadre what say you

I guess any team in the county can claim to be a "nationally ranked" team.  So he ain't lyin.  He just didn't where on the national ranking they are.  Carmel is nationally ranked too.  Their national ranking is like 12,000.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Clowns still using this stupid line of argument.

Stupid people never learn anything.

They just keep being stupid.

it's true for the high school athlete. Im not saying it's the same way for older or sick family members. But for a healthy High School athlete 99.9% of them are not going to die 

14 hours ago, 181pl said:

it's true for the high school athlete. Im not saying it's the same way for older or sick family members. But for a healthy High School athlete 99.9% of them are not going to die 

No, it's not.

You just contradicted yourself.

You said that they will be fine 99.9% of the time.

Simply not dying is not the same as being fine. The idea that people like you treat it so flippantly would be embarrassing to someone who's capable of shame.