McEachern Varsity - no diversity

A knowlegeable fan

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Because it’s 2020 and players don’t have to put up with dictatorship from a HC anymore. Coaches are not needed recruiting wise nearly as much for these high profile kids as they used to be. He’s an extremely old school strong personality that does not mesh well with the 2020 high profile athlete. He pissed off a lot of people in a very short amount of time in Powder Springs. So much so the point where players risked their senior season to not play under him again.  

He’s a good football coach. Wins a lot of games. But his offensive identity is outdated and so is the old school my way or the highway in your face approach of coaching 

Nevermind his offensive identity, but who's more at fault: his coaching style or the student athletes for not wanting to abide by his rules? Because it's not like he hasn't won anything, so I would think that he knows a thing or two  about coaching/getting the job done. 

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Speaking of Corner Canyon, they've been dominating over in the Beehive. How you think they'd fare against our best teams? What you think?  @Sweetlarry

I don't think they would be too bad. In 7A (based on my top 10 after week 2), I think they'd lose to Lowndes, Grayson, Parkview, Colquitt County, and Milton. I think they'd beat North Gwinnett, Collins Hill, Mill Creek, Brookwood, and Marietta. I'd have them ranked 4th or 5th in 7A.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Styles make fights. 

They’d be a top five team here. Capable of beatIng a lowends Or Grayson. 

From what I've seen the past two seasons, they look like a well coached group. Play sound defense and they execute to a T on offense. I wouldn't be surprised if they caught a lowndes or grayson slipping one of these days and beat them. 

7 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I didn’t say they would. I said they’re capable. 

Where is the game being played? Home field in those games would be enormous.

Well since it’s a fictional scenario that won’t materialize, why not play it at USA Academy’s home field ? That’s a good safe neutral site to host an imaginary game. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Corner Canyon has played absolutely no one during their run the last three years. No OOS wins. Beating up on Utah teams doesn’t translate to beating top teams nationally. 

They beat something called Olympus by FIVE in 2018. Can Olympus beat Lowndes/Grayson, too? They beat Lone Peak by FOUR in 2019. Can they beat Lowndes/Grayson too? 

Silliness. 

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Corner Canyon has played absolutely no one during their run the last three years. No OOS wins. Beating up on Utah teams doesn’t translate to beating top teams nationally. 

They beat something called Olympus by FIVE in 2018. Can Olympus beat Lowndes/Grayson, too? They beat Lone Peak by FOUR in 2019. Can they beat Lowndes/Grayson too? 

Silliness. 

Just because you don't play OOS competition often doesn't mean you're not great. In 2017, North Gwinnett didn't play any and still won state. They even lost to Walton, but still won state. I'm not saying Corner Canyon is amazing, but I don't think they should be underrated in Georgia.