Valdosta at Lowndes on ESPN

ATLien12x

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

Pretty crazy as there are several other teams that can make a good case.  We haven't seen enough games from everyone to make that call yet.

I'm not a big fan of what I'm seeing from Grayson and there's basically no other team that's any good so far. It is early, but I think that Colquitt has potential to be tied for best.

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

He has an interesting job if he is suddenly worried about Covid.  I would understand if he were coaching from the press box or in some way distancing himself but it doesn't look that way.  He could easily have met Justin midfield, stayed 10 ft away, and said "good job/game, congratulations" but instead he chose to ignore him. 

Just my opinion and I have tried not to say things since I know so think it is blasphemy but Rush is about Rush.  He'll use Covid when it is convenient but I bet when he wins he will be out there.

Well I just watched the conclusion of both of his wins from this season, and he never shook the opposing coaches hands. Only time he went on the field is to do the post game interview w/ the Brittany girl. I never saw him acknowledge the coaches, so what about that? Is he still using that to his convenience? 

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1/2 crazy. Because how do you come to the conclusion that colquitt is the best team in the state along with Lowndes? I get it with Lowndes, but you may be jumping the gun on the colquitt part for now. 

Sometimes it's just a feeling. And this Colquitt team gives my 2017 vibes for some reason. They looked well against Valdosta, but that's not enough to make a definite case for being tied for best. It's just a feeling and also there being not many other teams that are "up there" in 7A after NG's loss.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Sometimes it's just a feeling. And this Colquitt team gives my 2017 vibes for some reason. They looked well against Valdosta, but that's not enough to make a definite case for being tied for best. It's just a feeling and also there being not many other teams that are "up there" in 7A after NG's loss.

Yeah it's called being a prisoner of the moment...lol. It's all good tho. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I wouldn’t take Colquitt over Grayson right now

I don't know about this one personally. I like what I'm seeing from Colquitt and Grayson, but Grayson sometimes just seems to get caught up. I mean, Collins Hill took them deep into the 4th quarter and Archer put up a decent fight. I just have a feeling that Colquitt could overtake them. Maybe not just yet though.

18 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Never a shortage of excitement in Mayberry that’s for darn sure. 

Hahahaha. 

bgw

We try to keep it going. xD

I wonder what song Lowndes will play after they beat Valdosta...

"Mikey's a keyboard warrior." "Colquitt County lost their best cover guy, receiver and rb."

Screenshot_20200926-124138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e9fc7cb45f7c580025224abc03bd4dc7.jpg

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Never a shortage of excitement in Mayberry that’s for darn sure. 

Hahahaha. 

bgw

With the way some packers fans talk about propst its almost like he didn't build them to what they are now. Championships national title and boosted their economy.

I bet his packer haters wouldn't give back any of those wins or money

10 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

With the way some packers fans talk about propst its almost like he didn't build them to what they are now. Championships national title and boosted their economy.

I bet his packer haters wouldn't give back any of those wins or money

Not hating on him. One would think he'd learn from his mistakes though. 

He hasn't done his ownself many favors and has needed "keyboard warriors" to defend him for I know the last decade. Now, because Mikey criticized him he gets discounted as a keyboard warrior. Same way he criticized his players and staff in that newspaper article that the town he coaches in printed, with that photo. 

He was on the sidelines hugging some of his old staff and shit pregame then refused to walk out and shake the man's hand that had just out coached him. "Keyboard warriors" were here defending that action already. Now here you are... the next "keyboard warrior" haha. 

He thought he left holes in the right spots at Colquitt to beat us. He said our best cover guy left (didn't say that he came to Valdosta) he got our next in line rb and biggest 'star count' receiver. 

I've defended the guy enough for the last several years. Your turn Lowndes.  :P

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, ngdawg said:

I'm not a big fan of what I'm seeing from Grayson and there's basically no other team that's any good so far. It is early, but I think that Colquitt has potential to be tied for best.

Please enlighten us with what you know that the AJC, GA Sportswriters, MP, Maxwell, and others don't.  Not trying to diss you at all.  It's just that a lot of people with a ton more experience that make their living at this don't agree with you.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, ngdawg said:

I don't know about this one personally. I like what I'm seeing from Colquitt and Grayson, but Grayson sometimes just seems to get caught up. I mean, Collins Hill took them deep into the 4th quarter and Archer put up a decent fight. I just have a feeling that Colquitt could overtake them. Maybe not just yet though.

We are 4-0 against some pretty good teams.  Okay, maybe not Jones Co but McEachern, Collins Hill and Archer are pretty good teams.  Archer is possibly the best 0-3 team around plus it is a rivalry.  Collins Hill is better than I think you are giving them credit.  I will say this, they've been feeding those boys their Wheaties in the mornings!  They are huge!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

Please enlighten us with what you know that the AJC, GA Sportswriters, MP, Maxwell, and others don't.  Not trying to diss you at all.  It's just that a lot of people with a ton more experience that make their living at this don't agree with you.

I still have Grayson as the second-best team in the state. But think a few more weeks of Colquitt dominance, they could move up to second. I mean, even Maxwell had Colquitt as the best or second-best team in the state. It's just a feeling so far, but it could be validated in the future.

Just now, Fred said:

We are 4-0 against some pretty good teams.  Okay, maybe not Jones Co but McEachern, Collins Hill and Archer are pretty good teams.  Archer is possibly the best 0-3 team around plus it is a rivalry.  Collins Hill is better than I think you are giving them credit.  I will say this, they've been feeding those boys their Wheaties in the mornings!  They are huge!

I was actually one of the first few people to believe in Collins Hill. I got flack for trusting them right after their Carrollton win, but they've shown up. For Grayson to be second-best in the state though, they should have handled Collins Hill a little easier.

I was actually one of the first few people to believe in Collins Hill. I got flack for trusting them right after their Carrollton win, but they've shown up. For Grayson to be second-best in the state though, they should have handled Collins Hill a little easier.

Good teams win the ones they have to.  We beat a top ten team by 21.  I can live with that.

Collins Hill usually flames out. It's why more seasoned guys aren't down with pumping them right off the top. They have to do some "earning" after so many years of "spending" is all that is with them.

They look to be pretty good. They've looked pretty good at time in the past too. They usually let you down after you've stuck your neck out for them though. 

• Like 1