Valdosta at Lowndes on ESPN

ATLien12x

2 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

That pay was for coaching itself. If you want the best you have to pay for it. Like I said you packers gonna give back those wins and championships? I would love to see the totals on what he brought in vs what he took out. Would like to see that on every coach. 

I really don't wanna see it on Rush.  I'm afraid I'd cry.....and I'm totally serious.

As an aside...why would we give back wins...when we paid for them?

Rufus>>

13 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I really don't wanna see it on Rush.  I'm afraid I'd cry.....and I'm totally serious.

As an aside...why would we give back wins...when we paid for them?

Rufus>>

That's my point him not paying for things shouldn't be brought up when he is the reason the money was there in the first place.

Packers bring in about 400k in regular season ticket sales alone. Throw in the playoff revenue. Concessions... Packer fan gear

Then the money the business were racking in.

Im just saying as bad as he is. Its messed up that some packer fans ignore where moultrie was before he got there. Monetary and notoriety national being on ESPN   

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

That's my point him not paying for things shouldn't be brought up when he is the reason the money was there in the first place.

Packers bring in about 400k in regular season ticket sales alone. Throw in the playoff revenue. Concessions... Packer fan gear

Then the money the business were racking in.

Im just saying as bad as he is. Its messed up that some packer fans ignore where moultrie was before he got there. Monetary and notoriety national being on ESPN   

If you're just looking at financial...things were pretty durn good in the Jim Hughes years.  Add to that...we played in a lot of games and the program was flying high.  Probably not as much money coming in...but NO WHERE NEAR the pesos going out.

Rufus>>

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So yeah, about this Valdosta/Lowndes game being on ESPN... how many are y'all looking forward to this game? IF Jake plays, how do y'all see this game going? 

Look....I hope that game takes 4 hours to complete.  And Lowndes will win the game no matter who plays QB for Valdosta.  I will say...whether it's Amari or Jacob...he better be able to move.

But us Hawgs have our own fish to fry...so NO...I ain't necessarily looking forward to that game.

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!!

Rufus>>

8 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So yeah, about this Valdosta/Lowndes game being on ESPN... how many are y'all looking forward to this game? IF Jake plays, how do y'all see this game going? 

Well don't go changing the subject now. xD

Your Lowndes friend is explaining the finer points of idk... Maybe he's getting at business owners should be ok with getting stiffed by the coach because extra game tickets got sold? 

Like, the lawn care guy gives a shit about football tickets being sold if the coach owes him for 2 months of service or something. I think maybe he was trying to conflate that folks coming to watch football games spent more money with the landscapers, brick masons or whoever all else claims Valdemort owes them money. 

I'm trying to wrap my head around that argument, but Idk. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As far as the game goes, I figure Lowndes will come after the qb and out depth the Valdosta O-line. Probably use the same type of defensive plan as Colquitt did as far as that goes. Stymie them at the line of scrimmage and wear them down. Lowndes may start pulling away earlier though. 

Lowndes by 28.  Easy

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Your Lowndes friend is explaining the finer points of idk... Maybe he's getting at business owners should be ok with getting stiffed by the coach because extra game tickets got sold? 

Like, the lawn care guy gives a shit about football tickets being sold if the coach owes him for 2 months of service or something. I think maybe he was trying to conflate that folks coming to watch football games spent more money with the landscapers, brick masons or whoever all else claims Valdemort owes them money. 

LOL....LOL....LOL....

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I mean, the thread is about Valdosta/Lowndes so I'm trying to figure out how colquitt got brought into this. But hey, more publicity for Titletown so both teams win at the end of the day. Even better if both teams win state. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As far as the game goes, I figure Lowndes will come after the qb and out depth the Valdosta O-line. Probably use the same type of defensive plan as Colquitt did as far as that goes. Stymie them at the line of scrimmage and wear them down. Lowndes may start pulling away earlier though. 

If I'm Valdosta, I'm using the Marietta defensive game plan. Don't you think that'll work? @Sweetlarry. Make jacurri beat me throwing the ball and load that box, yeah? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I was just going to ask if he is playing.  If not then I'm out.  The back up was just hard to watch.  Does ESPN still air it if Garcia is out?

Supposed to find out something today. If he doesn't play, then I think they'll still air it since there's a lot of D1 guys on the field from Lowndes and Dosta. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If I'm Valdosta, I'm using the Marietta defensive game plan. Don't you think that'll work? @Sweetlarry. Make jacurri beat me throwing the ball and load that box, yeah? 

That’s what I’d do too! 

Kid is a great athlete but if you have to choose something to take away it’s the run.

If he beats throwing for 300+ tip your cap. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Yikes! Well I'm pretty sure an appeal is coming, but DAMN! That ESPN interview tho.... 

Exactly! The need to be the smartest people in the room got them. Should’ve kept their mouths shut. Idiots. 

Or better yet, move to state not ran by a bunch of politically motivated pussies and not worry about any of it. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 10:24 PM, ngdawg said:

True, but wasn't it like 7-0 Collins Hill in the 4th? And then Mafah took off.

No.  It was 0-0 early in the third when Collins Hill scored. We answered with 28 unanswered points and powered through them as we wore them down.  Their QB spent a lot of time either on the turf or running for his life all game.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:34 AM, Ga96 said:

I haven't seen any from packer land willing to discuss it. 

Id love to see those who complained about him not paying stores back for getting things for the players and offset that with the money him and those players brought to the same business.

So it's okay to steal from a business because your actions may have indirectly improved their business?  That's an interesting perspective to say the least.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

No.  It was 0-0 early in the third when Collins Hill scored. We answered with 28 unanswered points and powered through them as we wore them down.  Their QB spent a lot of time either on the turf or running for his life all game.

It's still surprising that Collins Hill held off for so long against a team that is widely considered to be best or second-best in the state. And the following week, Collins Hill almost lost to a Rome team that got beat by Cherokee.