Jake Garcia declared ineligible

Ga96

16 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Hearing that rodemaker rodgers and fabrizio signed a letter and sent it to the GHSA.

Rush also said rodgers made his son the only 9th grader that couldn't move up with varsity and kicked him out of the weight room.

Glad to report Lowndes and Coach Dubose refused to sign the letter that the other coaches presented.

16 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Who’d of guessed that the good old holier than thou local yokels would’ve been the ones NOT to sign the letter?!? 

Probably because Rush is jamey’s daddy and he knew better. 

Still laughing that the community ball boiz couldn’t find anybody in cheatersville to coach them, turning to an OOS Coach. 

Can’t make this stuff up! 

Consider the source.  Plus that is it a rumor that no one has shown any documentation on.  I've heard there was no letter.  I'd say only the GHSA and those that sent it if it even exists can tell the truth about "the letter."

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

Consider the source.  Plus that is it a rumor that no one has shown any documentation on.  I've heard there was no letter.  I'd say only the GHSA and those that sent it if it even exists can tell the truth about "the letter."

I love that lowends is going to bat for valdosta. Cheatersville sticking together! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Only a backwoods group ran by a bunch fools would rule on this without documentation from the start.  They should have known you can't get a legal divorce in a few days.  

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

That's why you must have legal proof with paperwork to make a ruling.  Go sue somebody and see what happens without out factual paperwork. Judge will laugh at you. The GHSA should have said no to start with. 

I believe @CCBlackhatter explained it earlier.  The GHSA investigates nothing until a complaint is made.  The schools are responsible for filling out the paperwork and attesting to its veracity.  If and only if there is some question about the eligibility does the GHSA do an independent investigation.  They don't have the staff to investigate each and every transfer student in the state that wants to participate in the activities covered by the GHSA.  Sometimes schools get fooled.  Sometimes the school is the one doing the fooling.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Surprised? Nah. I still think the Garcia's put their foot in their mouths with the ESPN interview. That wasn't the wisest moe by any means. The possible "snitching" thing from TWO schools....with the attempt to get Lowndes to join in on the party is.....mindboggling. 

Until said letter is produced, I'd take that with a huge grain of salt.

13 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

1. If that rumor of lee and colquitt reporting valdosta to ghsa is true, I find it hard to believe that they didn't fear valdosta in some way, form or fashion. I'd feel the same way if the shoe was on the other foot. 

This may be a shock but some people want things done the right way without fear playing any part.

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

Until said letter is produced, I'd take that with a huge grain of salt.

You know Fred...to come out and say that TWO schools filed the complaint is like saying TWO people signed the Declaration of Independence.  I say we call out Ben Franklin and John Adams.

There were multiple complaints.  And when I say multiple...I'm not overstating it at all.

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

You know Fred...to come out and say that TWO schools filed the complaint is like saying TWO people signed the Declaration of Independence.  I say we call out Ben Franklin and John Adams.

There were multiple complaints.  And when I say multiple...I'm not overstating it at all.

Rufus>>

I bow to your greater knowledge of things going on in S Ga football.  I've read there is no letter but for me it probably isn't even 6 degrees of separation from those involved but more like 100 degrees of separation.  It is a mess no matter what.

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

I believe @CCBlackhatter explained it earlier.  The GHSA investigates nothing until a complaint is made.  The schools are responsible for filling out the paperwork and attesting to its veracity.  If and only if there is some question about the eligibility does the GHSA do an independent investigation.  They don't have the staff to investigate each and every transfer student in the state that wants to participate in the activities covered by the GHSA.  Sometimes schools get fooled.  Sometimes the school is the one doing the fooling.

On an out of state transfer he should have not have been allowed to play period until the GHSA cleared him. This deal was a red flag from day one.  Like I said in another post what if the mama moves to Valdosta today is he legal.  I would like to know if there was ever any factual paperwork or did everyone just go on word of mouth.  This should slow down or even stop the transfers in Georgia.   

12 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

On an out of state transfer he should have not have been allowed to play period until the GHSA cleared him. This deal was a red flag from day one.  Like I said in another post what if the mama moves to Valdosta today is he legal.  I would like to know if there was ever any factual paperwork or did everyone just go on word of mouth.  This should slow down or even stop the transfers in Georgia.   

Grayson and Carrollton received OOS transfers during the offseason.......with Carrollton getting their guy from New York late in the offseason. You wonder how he was able to get approved so fast when the Garcia clan moved before he did. I hope you have that same energy towards them as well. 

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Your last line is ridiculous. "Slow down or even stop transfers in Georgia?" I really hope you don't mean that..... 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Grayson and Carrollton received OOS transfers during the offseason.......with Carrollton getting their guy from New York late in the offseason. You wonder how he was able to get approved so fast when the Garcia clan moved before he did. I hope you have that same energy towards them as well. 

If they complied nobody should care.

Who do you represent, just out of curiosity? 

35 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It has been anything goes for years in Georgia now that examples have been it will slow down. It will be funny if mama moves to Valdosta and see what happens.

Ultimately, I think the biggest issue is the brand name schools getting high profile guys. If it was a school like.....Veterans High School getting these guys, I highly doubt it would be an issue. But if a school like Valdosta, Grayson, Buford, and Marietta gets high profile guys, you best believe everybody and they mama are gonna be on their ass like no tomorrow. Throw in the fact that Rush is involved doesn't make it any better for Valdosta and the Garcias. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Ultimately, I think the biggest issue is the brand name schools getting high profile guys. If it was a school like.....Veterans High School getting these guys, I highly doubt it would be an issue. But if a school like Valdosta, Grayson, Buford, and Marietta gets high profile guys, you best believe everybody and they mama are gonna be on their ass like no tomorrow. Throw in the fact that Rush is involved doesn't make it any better for Valdosta and the Garcias. 

Hoover was under the microscope at one point from about 2005-2015.  Now it is Hewitt.  Hewitt is viewed as the transfer king in metro Birmingham.   Hoover turned one kid away 2 years ago over grades issues is the only one I know of.   The AHSAA is so brutal over transfers being by the letter of law it is not much of an issue except a few private schools.   When in doubt you must tell transfers no until approved by the state association unless it is a military move in which the AHSAA never challenges.

• Like 1

1. Ruled eligible August 19th

2. September 18th: 1 letter received from GHSA. The letter was pertaining to the comment the mom made on ESPN. 

3. September 29: received a letter pertaining to a "bona fide move."

4. House in California has been relinquished and the mom is now living in with the dad and jake in Valdosta. GHSA has supporting evidence to validate it. 

5. Mom had to stay behind in Cali to get the house and job squared away.

@HawgGoneItSo when you think about it, it's most likely number 2 as to why he was ruled ineligible. What you think?

21 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

2. September 18th: 1 letter received from GHSA. The letter was pertaining to the comment the mom made on ESPN. 

4. House in California has been relinquished and the mom is now living in with the dad and jake in Valdosta. GHSA has supporting evidence to validate it. 

@HawgGoneItSo when you think about it, it's most likely number 2 as to why he was ruled ineligible. What you think?

Idk. Quite possible. With it going out over ESPN, I don't really still understand why a letter need be sent to begin with.  

Are these facts? How can mom be living in Valdosta with Dad and Jake but also staying behind to get job and home squared away? Why did they try the stupid shit first? If the move was bona fide and there was documentation/supporting evidence then there wouldn't have been a ruling the other way. 

Also looks like game 1 is forfeit. 

Amazing how the ineligibility ruling and the "letter pertaining to bona fide move" both happen basically simultaneously. 

Dirty ass folks. Haha. 

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk. Quite possible. With it going out over ESPN, I don't really still understand why a letter need be sent to begin with.  

Are these facts? How can mom be living in Valdosta with Dad and Jake but also staying behind to get job and home squared away? Why did they try the stupid shit first? If the move was bona fide and there was documentation/supporting evidence then there wouldn't have been a ruling the other way. 

Also looks like game 1 is forfeit. 

Amazing how the ineligibility ruling and the "letter pertaining to bona fide move" both happen basically simultaneously. 

Dirty ass folks. Haha. 

Check DM

34 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Who ruled him eligible on August 19th the GHSA?

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Who ruled him eligible on August 19th the GHSA?

The GHSA likely received the filings from the Valdosta administration pertaining to eligibility request and accepted them as truth and ok'd him to play. 

You have to understand that the Valdosta AD is the GHSA in this situation, as is the Colquitt AD and any other ADs in the state. They are what technically makes up the GHSA. 

• Like 1

Basically, if the Valdosta AD files a fraudulent eligibility form with the main office in Thomaston, the GHSA did it(something fraudulent or dirty) Then if some other AD presses the issue with additional evidence and asks for further investigation, then again the GHSA did it. (Found additional evidence and started an investigation)

The folks in Thomaston only rule in the information they have, which they usually get from their AD members.