Jake Garcia declared ineligible

Ga96

25 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So the rumors we've heard so far are:

1. Garcia's parents never filed for a divorce

2. Coaches from Colquitt and Lee County pushed the envelope to have Garcia investigated

My thing is this:

If you a player was already ruled eligible, how do you go back and reverse that decision? Was that something GHSA opened their eyes to after the ESPN interview or were they prompted to do it from "outside" sources? Hmmm. Now I do think it wasn't wise for them to mention the divorce plans in the interview, but they did manage to find the loophole for the eligibility. That has to be honored, right? GHSA got one upped and now they're trying to rectify their shortcomings? Smh. I do have a gut feeling that the decision is gonna get reversed now that the Garcia's are lawyered up.  

It's already been covered by Hawg.

The GHSA does not look into transfer eligibility very closely initially. They expect the schools to be honest and police themselves. Basically, the school sends in some standard eligibility application and possibly some supporting evidence. At this time GHSA, says ok looks good to me.

If a school or person files a formal complaint or the receiving school turns themselves in, then a formal investigation will take place to make sure everything was accurate and honest. If not, they can then say ineligible.

Why is it so hard to understand this?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The GHSA does not look into transfer eligibility very closely initially. They expect the schools to be honest and police themselves. Basically, the school sends in some standard eligibility application and possibly some supporting evidence. At this time GHSA, says ok looks good to me.

If a school or person files a formal complaint or the receiving school turns themselves in, then a formal investigation will take place to make sure everything was accurate and honest. If not, they can then say ineligible.

Why is it so hard to understand this?

Pretty sure everyone wants to know WHY he was ruled ineligible.  That's why it's so hard to understand. And, seeing that the biggest game is on the horizon with all this shit going on just knocks off quite a bit of luster from this game. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not sure who would likely take the blame for this one. The GHSA always has plausible deniability, so, at the end of the day, the Valdosta administration takes the rap for it. 

Hawg...I heard a rumor that IMG turned him in.

I find it hard to believe though.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Why is it so hard to understand 

Still do you not think that he should have never been allowed to play until the GHSA reviewed everything.

5 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Still do you not think that he should have never been allowed to play until the GHSA reviewed everything.

Technically you would be correct. Clearly someone made some errors. Either the parents pulled a fast one on the Valdosta admin who didn't cover all the bases, or, the Valdosta admin misunderstood the rules and they were in error before a clearance, or, new information came to light.

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Technically you would be correct. Clearly someone made some errors. Either the parents pulled a fast one on the Valdosta admin who didn't cover all the bases, or, the Valdosta admin misunderstood the rules and they were in error before a clearance, or, new information came to light.

What if the mama flies to Valdosta tomorrow and moves in is he legal?

This is a can of worms.

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

So the rumors we've heard so far are:

1. Garcia's parents never filed for a divorce

2. Coaches from Colquitt and Lee County pushed the envelope to have Garcia investigated

My thing is this:

If you a player was already ruled eligible, how do you go back and reverse that decision? Was that something GHSA opened their eyes to after the ESPN interview or were they prompted to do it from "outside" sources? Hmmm. Now I do think it wasn't wise for them to mention the divorce plans in the interview, but they did manage to find the loophole for the eligibility. That has to be honored, right? GHSA got one upped and now they're trying to rectify their shortcomings? Smh. I do have a gut feeling that the decision is gonna get reversed now that the Garcia's are lawyered up.  

Committing fraud is not a loophole.  The GHSA made its original decision based on what turned out to be fraudulent representations, so that original decision can be nullified and reversed.

1 minute ago, reggid said:

Committing fraud is not a loophole.  They lied to the GHsA.  The GHSA made its original decision based on what turned out to be fraudulent representations, so that original decision can be nullified and reversed.

It should be based on facts not hersay.  Not what the parents said but in some kind of divorce paperwork that has really been filed/judges order in writing and can be confirmed. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reggid said:

Committing fraud is not a loophole.  They lied to the GHsA.  The GHSA made its original decision based on what turned out to be fraudulent representations, so that original decision can be nullified and reversed.

Only a backwoods group ran by a bunch fools would rule on this without documentation from the start.  They should have known you can't get a legal divorce in a few days.  

52 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I wonder if this is true. Now if there's no truth to it, then Lee and Colquitt shouldn't lose any sleep over this, but if it is, then shit is gonna get real ugly. I'm pretty sure Rush has some kind of dirt on Lee and Colquitt that was make GHSA investigate them. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

I wonder if this is true. Now if there's no truth to it, then Lee and Colquitt shouldn't lose any sleep over this, but if it is, then shit is gonna get real ugly. I'm pretty sure Rush has some kind of dirt on Lee and Colquitt that was make GHSA investigate them. 

I can assure you, there probably isn't much the GHSA doesn't know about Colquitt after all of the investigating that went on with Rush here. Lol They have also snooped around Lee County also. Doubt they will find anything that isn't already known there either.

If we did report them, then why you mad? Shouldn't have been taking our best players. Lol Fucking karma gets your ass every time.

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

My guess is this is more of Rush trying to rally the Wildcats and make it them against the world. 

I also doubt Rush wants to start a shit slinging contest with folks in Colquitt.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, reggid said:

Put the blame where it belongs — on the lying, scamming parents who tried to defraud the GHSA.  They just screwed their own kid.

That's why you must have legal proof with paperwork to make a ruling.  Go sue somebody and see what happens without out factual paperwork. Judge will laugh at you. The GHSA should have said no to start with. 

14 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

That beds made. Might as well lay in it.

It's silly to say the GHSA caved to pressure, when the ESPN interview clearly introduced new evidence to be considered... Right from the horses' mouths so to speak. 

It is also pretty silly to say the family complied completely if the GHSA has now decided he should be ineligible. 

If they were completely on the up and up why would the GHSA reverse course? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I can assure you, there probably isn't much the GHSA doesn't know about Colquitt after all of the investigating that went on with Rush here. Lol They have also snooped around Lee County also. Doubt they will find anything that isn't already known there either.

If we did report them, then why you mad? Shouldn't have been taking our best players. Lol Fucking karma gets your ass every time.

I feel bad for you if this is your mentality. "Our rival took some of our best players".... "I'm telling on you." Really? Shit happens all the time! You mad at Rush or the kids for following a guy who can get them to the next level? But IF that is true, that just goes to show how much of a threat they saw Valdosta being to them. Am I lying? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

That's why you must have legal proof with paperwork to make a ruling.  Go sue somebody and see what happens without out factual paperwork. Judge will laugh at you. The GHSA should have said no to start with. 

I think we still need to know some of the grounds for the course reversal by the GHSA. 

Was there ever an actual legal separation? If so, has it been nullified for any reason? In some states simply being together as husband and wife again nullifies a legal separation without any further action. Things like sitting together at a game and kissing. Spending the night together. Etc. 

Was the initial application for relief under the hardship waivers achieved fraudulently which created the need for a reversal? 

So many questions. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

I feel bad for you if this is your mentality. "Our rival took some of our best players".... "I'm telling on you." Really? Shit happens all the time! You mad at Rush or the kids for following a guy who can get them to the next level? But IF that is true, that just goes to show how much of a threat they saw Valdosta being to them. Am I lying? 

I was being facetious.

Idk why you're acting so surprised about the situation.