Jake Garcia declared ineligible

Ga96

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Basically, if the Valdosta AD files a fraudulent eligibility form with the main office in Thomaston, the GHSA did it(something fraudulent or dirty) Then if some other AD presses the issue with additional evidence and asks for further investigation, then again the GHSA did it. (Found additional evidence and started an investigation)

The folks in Thomaston only rule in the information they have, which they usually get from their AD members.

Reminds me of Cam Newton at Auburn. 

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The GHSA likely received the filings from the Valdosta administration pertaining to eligibility request and accepted them as truth and ok'd him to play. 

You have to understand that the Valdosta AD is the GHSA in this situation, as is the Colquitt AD and any other ADs in the state. They are what technically makes up the GHSA. 

So both the Valdosta AD and the GHSA accepted false info.  Both should have known this deal was bad from day 1.  I really hope the mother has moved to Valdosta just to see more of this circus. Garcia could hold the record for being found eligible twice and ineligible in the same week. I bet the California kid is getting a bunch girls feeling sorry for him and wanting to make him feel better.

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

So both the Valdosta AD and the GHSA accepted false info.  Both should have known this deal was bad from day 1.  I really hope the mother has moved to Valdosta just to see more of this circus. Garcia could hold the record for being found eligible twice and ineligible in the same week. I bet the California kid is getting a bunch girls feeling sorry for him and wanting to make him feel better.

The Valdosta AD is the GHSA. He/she is the Valdosta City Schools representative for the GHSA when its time to vote on rules and other business.

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Basically, if the Valdosta AD files a fraudulent eligibility form with the main office in Thomaston, the GHSA did it(something fraudulent or dirty) Then if some other AD presses the issue with additional evidence and asks for further investigation, then again the GHSA did it. (Found additional evidence and started an investigation)

The folks in Thomaston only rule in the information they have, which they usually get from their AD members.

But you're under the impression the Valdosta AD or Valdosta faculty/front office members made fraudulent claims to get Jake immediate eligibility, correct? 

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

For his sake, hopefully there were some commonalities between the espn interview and what was given to ghsa. 

I think its a CYOA deal. Valdosta is going to claim everything they saw was on the up and up and then the Mom and Dad went and contradicted all of that in the ESPN thing so its going to be a surprise to them too. At least that's how it looks like they're gonna play it. 

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Anybody from south georgia complained to ghsa about Del Rio transferring to Grayson? Follow me because I'm going somewhere with this.

Don't know.  Don't care.  Lots of people seem to complain about most everything we do so why should it matter if someone in S Ga complained?  Even out of state people complain. 😉

In del Rio's case, I understand everyone didn't move at the same time.  Cool.  He isn't eligible at that time.  By the time football season came around, the household member that didn't move wasn't a member of the household any more as he had graduated high school and moved on to college.  That puzzles me some but so be it.

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

Don't know.  Don't care.  Lots of people seem to complain about most everything we do so why should it matter if someone in S Ga complained?  Even out of state people complain. 😉

In del Rio's case, I understand everyone didn't move at the same time.  Cool.  He isn't eligible at that time.  By the time football season came around, the household member that didn't move wasn't a member of the household any more as he had graduated high school and moved on to college.  That puzzles me some but so be it.

Ahhh.... I expected that response. All good tho. 

22 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So in that case they would have likely brought falsified documents to produce to the administration at Valdosta, who then clearly wouldn't have followed up or they would have known. They also would have straight up lied in the ESPN interview. 

I'm not sure but, considering the apparent attempt at fraud to begin with, I guess either could be possible. 

Crazy story for sure. All a part of a Showtime series too. Seems like Showtime may be getting their money's worth of drama already and the season is very young still. 

Does Showtime now drop the show with Garcia gone?

15 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Does Showtime now drop the show with Garcia gone?

Showtime was involved before the kid was ever thought about I think. 

There was hints of a documentary on Facebook before the Garcias transferred in. 

As far as that previous post about the adults getting in the way, it is kind of true. There are rules there and they're supposed to apply equally across the board. Sometimes folks don't necessarily think those rules apply to them, and sometimes, they arent applied equally across the board. Sometimes examples are made of folks. 

Idk what category this one is. There is a lot of stuff coming out. Some from Rush that is contradictory to the story the parents told to ESPN. The story continues to be crazy as hell. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Showtime was involved before the kid was ever thought about I think. 

There was hints of a documentary on Facebook before the Garcias transferred in. 

As far as that previous post about the adults getting in the way, it is kind of true. There are rules there and they're supposed to apply equally across the board. Sometimes folks don't necessarily think those rules apply to them, and sometimes, they arent applied equally across the board. Sometimes examples are made of folks. 

Idk what category this one is. There is a lot of stuff coming out. Some from Rush that is contradictory to the story the parents told to ESPN. The story continues to be crazy as hell. 

What has Rush been saying?

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

What has Rush been saying?

That the Garcias made a bona fide move. 

If that is/was so, then why all the hoopla story on ESPN and all the legal separation nonsense? Why did the mom say she made it to the first game and hoped to make it to another couple before the season was over? All that stuff that was in the ESPN interview says they made no attempt to make a bona fide move. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That the Garcias made a bona fide move. 

If that is/was so, then why all the hoopla story on ESPN and all the legal separation nonsense? Why did the mom say she made it to the first game and hoped to make it to another couple before the season was over? All that stuff that was in the ESPN interview says they made no attempt to make a bona fide move. 

Them damn ESPN people just lying thru their teeth !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

Dont know if it has been posted yet but seen it on another sit from VDT. Rush says I don't care what the mother says. She is lying. Lol

According to Valdosta head coach Rush Propst, Garcia was originally declared eligible by the GHSA on Aug. 19 –– 16 days before the 'Cats opener against the Demons.

"They ruled him eligible," Propst said during his coach's show Tuesday evening. "So, there's two letters that are two different things – one letter on Sept. 18 saying there's an investigation based upon a comment that the mother made on ESPN about a legal separation and then the letter we got (Tuesday) talks about the bonafide move situation. I'm not sure which it is. 

"Obviously, we'd like to know because we feel like our administration – our A.D., our athletic secretary, our principal, our superintendent, everybody – did everything possible to make this right. When you move into the community, all principal members of the family have to move, which that happened."

Propst alleges that Garcia's parents, Randy and Yvonne, leased an apartment and put their home up for lease five days after moving with their son to Valdosta. According to Propst, Yvonne stayed back in California to get the house leased.

"For us, they're here," Propst said. "They're living in our district. They relinquished their house in California. We've got documentation. We've sent it to the GHSA. So we feel like the young man's eligible, regardless of what the mother says on TV – that's a non-issue.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Woodchopper said:

Dont know if it has been posted yet but seen it on another sit from VDT. Rush says I don't care what the mother says. She is lying. Lol

According to Valdosta head coach Rush Propst, Garcia was originally declared eligible by the GHSA on Aug. 19 –– 16 days before the 'Cats opener against the Demons.

"They ruled him eligible," Propst said during his coach's show Tuesday evening. "So, there's two letters that are two different things – one letter on Sept. 18 saying there's an investigation based upon a comment that the mother made on ESPN about a legal separation and then the letter we got (Tuesday) talks about the bonafide move situation. I'm not sure which it is. 

"Obviously, we'd like to know because we feel like our administration – our A.D., our athletic secretary, our principal, our superintendent, everybody – did everything possible to make this right. When you move into the community, all principal members of the family have to move, which that happened."

Propst alleges that Garcia's parents, Randy and Yvonne, leased an apartment and put their home up for lease five days after moving with their son to Valdosta. According to Propst, Yvonne stayed back in California to get the house leased.

"For us, they're here," Propst said. "They're living in our district. They relinquished their house in California. We've got documentation. We've sent it to the GHSA. So we feel like the young man's eligible, regardless of what the mother says on TV – that's a non-issue.

Didn't the mom and dad both says some things in that interview? At least the written one I read, he said he expected to get flak from all of this. xD

"The requirements [are] a full family move, so that and, obviously, grades and that kind of thing," Randy said. "So at this point, we got a legal separation. We're right down the guidelines as far as being eligible to play."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29893046/the-star-college-football-recruit-parents-unusual-decision-cross-country-move

Yup! Sounds like a lying mom and a bona fide move to me. 

HomelyUnsungAmethystsunbird-size_restricted.gif.6497c46a92125421f7b30401e9f8c85f.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The Valdosta AD is the GHSA. He/she is the Valdosta City Schools representative for the GHSA when its time to vote on rules and other business.

I saw on Twitter that the Garcia family left 3 yard dogs and a 2 wild tom cats in California and they are coming in on a delta flight Friday morning.  When the GHSA  said the whole family they mean it.  I also understand the Valdosta booster club has given unlimited alpo and 9 lives to the Garcia family. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I saw on Twitter that the Garcia family left 3 yard dogs and a 2 wild tom cats in California and they are coming in on a delta flight Friday morning.  When the GHSA  said the whole family they mean it.  I also understand the Valdosta booster club has given unlimited alpo and 9 lives to the Garcia family. 

It's something going on there. Both parents are liars or something per Rush. 

Pretty wild story developing before our eyes.