Jake Garcia declared ineligible

Ga96

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

Only question now is if mama is really in Valdosta will they rule him eligible?  You going to Duck's races next week.  

Idk if they'll find eligible now or not after all the weird stuff. 

I've said before that however they rule initially, they usually stick with. This situation, they did initially, but then changed. It's a crapshoot now. 

If they rule eligible now, they almost have to revisit the Del Rio eligibility. 

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if they'll find eligible now or not after all the weird stuff. 

I've said before that however they rule initially, they usually stick with. This situation, they did initially, but then changed. It's a crapshoot now. 

If they rule eligible now, they almost have to revisit the Del Rio eligibility. 

That's like the AHSSA they will not go back and change.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's something going on there. Both parents are liars or something per Rush. 

Pretty wild story developing before our eyes. 

Man...that's gonna be tough.  I mean being separated and all...but living in the same house/apartment in Valdosta.  

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2020 at 5:22 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I have no idea why he was found ineligible though. We need to see the ruling. 

Could be the fraud of getting a legal separation and admitting they planned on nullifying it after the season. Could be undue influence/lure of a made for Showtime series being filmed.  We need the actual ruling. 

I think it has to do just with the way the rule is written? Correct me if im wrong but didnt it say something along the lines of “bonafide reason” so a divorce would be considered a bonafide reason but a fake divorce for athletic purposes would not be. Think the ghsa just got technical with it bcs the parents were obviously stupid for even posting that interview.

I have an issues with the "glee" exhibited by my second and third cousins in Norman Park and other areas south....

Hypocrisy, you hire the man, he brings you back from Chokely dead, you shit on him; then you may or may not be complicit in the GHSA shitstorm that's really none of your business.

Try not to look out the window and look in the mirror for a change.

And now you know....

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I have an issues with the "glee" exhibited by my second and third cousins in Norman Park and other areas south....

Hypocrisy, you hire the man, he brings you back from Chokely dead, you shit on him; then you may or may not be complicit in the GHSA shitstorm that's really none of your business.

Try not to look out the window and look in the mirror for a change.

And now you know....

bgw

I don't exactly see glee. I see that we had a similar issue in Moultrie with a qb transfer, except there was a huge difference... The AD in Moultrie was honest and forthcoming with the paperwork on that kid. That kid's parents were honest and forthcoming with the AD. 

The story Rush is telling today is the story about them and not the Garcias who completely contradicted everything the man said. It's like he never even read or saw the interview. 

You know good and well that I would stand up and defend the man if he was being straight here. He isn't. 

...and I totally disagree about the GHSA shitstorm not being our business. That shit is everyone's business. Fair play and the rules are all of our business. To that effect, yours and every other AD in the state are complicit. They adopted the rules. It's up to them also to see them enforced by the folks in Thomaston. If they don't, then we get New Jersey and California in Georgia. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't exactly see glee. I see that we had a similar issue in Moultrie with a qb transfer, except there was a huge difference... The AD in Moultrie was honest and forthcoming with the paperwork on that kid. That kid's parents were honest and forthcoming with the AD. 

The story Rush is telling today is the story about them and not the Garcias who completely contradicted everything the man said. It's like he never even read or saw the interview. 

You know good and well that I would stand up and defend the man if he was being straight here. He isn't. 

...and I totally disagree about the GHSA shitstorm not being our business. That shit is everyone's business. Fair play and the rules are all of our business. To that effect, yours and every other AD in the state are complicit. They adopted the rules. It's up to them also to see them enforced by the folks in Thomaston. If they don't, then we get New Jersey and California in Georgia. 

I disagree, I'm seeing a shit ton of glee and self righteousness.... as far as the qb situation from Michigan and the recent qb from Cali you have a point there.

I hope your clown shit show admin didn't say anything, but I must be stupid... of course they said something to cover the shitty dealings, the lies and the made up bullshit on Coach Propst.... forgive me for that one. 

Buncha twisted tampon skirt wearing snot nosed babies on the playground over there. Hahaha...IDK, it stinks Hawgie.

bgw

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I disagree, I'm seeing a shit ton of glee and self righteousness.... as far as the qb situation from Michigan and the recent qb from Cali you have a point there.

I hope your clown shit show admin didn't say anything, but I must be stupid... of course they said something to cover the shitty dealings, the lies and the made up bullshit on Coach Propst.... forgive me for that one. 

Buncha twisted tampon skirt wearing snot nosed babies on the playground over there. Hahaha...IDK, it stinks Hawgie.

bgw

I must have missed something from somewhere that had the glee in it. I assumed you were talking about us posters or whatever. I'd imagine the superintendant of Colquitt would be smirking maybe. 

As far as from a fan perspective, yeah, it couldn't have happened to a better set of Wildcats. The hate runs deep for over 100 years on that one. 

It may stink if you view it as some continuation of wrongs done to Rush. I can't figure it as a wrong done to him here though. This is self inflicted by the Garcias and whoever else was involved with their initial eligibility filings. Seems pretty cut and dried really. Rush can kick and scream that someone tattled, but, if there wasn't anything wrong, nothing to tattle for if you catch my drift. 

If I could look Rush in the eyes right now, I'd shake my head and ask him what in the hell is he doing. Lol. Real talk. What are you doing Rush? Looking into a camera and saying the Garcias were bona fide yada yada yada when they both contradicted that on ESPN. Then the sly little jab about who he didnt think had anything to do with it and us all sitting here knowing who is left. xD 

Let's ignore all the times people tagged the GHSA official Twitter with the bullshit after Del Rio's appeal process ended and just point fingers whereever. Its all a lot of bulllshit. I'm glad as hell this mess is going on at Valdosta and not Colquitt County right now. I can tell you that. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I must have missed something from somewhere that had the glee in it. I assumed you were talking about us posters or whatever. I'd imagine the superintendant of Colquitt would be smirking maybe. 

As far as from a fan perspective, yeah, it couldn't have happened to a better set of Wildcats. The hate runs deep for over 100 years on that one. 

It may stink if you view it as some continuation of wrongs done to Rush. I can't figure it as a wrong done to him here though. This is self inflicted by the Garcias and whoever else was involved with their initial eligibility filings. Seems pretty cut and dried really. Rush can kick and scream that someone tattled, but, if there wasn't anything wrong, nothing to tattle for if you catch my drift. 

If I could look Rush in the eyes right now, I'd shake my head and ask him what in the hell is he doing. Lol. Real talk. What are you doing Rush? Looking into a camera and saying the Garcias were bona fide yada yada yada when they both contradicted that on ESPN. Then the sly little jab about who he didnt think had anything to do with it and us all sitting here knowing who is left. xD 

Let's ignore all the times people tagged the GHSA official Twitter with the bullshit after Del Rio's appeal process ended and just point fingers whereever. Its all a lot of bulllshit. I'm glad as hell this mess is going on at Valdosta and not Colquitt County right now. I can tell you that. 

Well.... maybe nothing at Colquitt yet!

Considering the knuckleheads y’all got over there... give it some time, knuckleheads are gonna knucklehead; hell we got our share at Buford. 

Fighting in parks over board votes and shit... it’s real yo. 

bgw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VALDOSTA, Ga. (WALB) - WALB is learning more about why Georgia High School Association (GHSA) said they ruled Valdosta High School Quarterback Jake Garcia intelligible to play.

According to GHSA, Garcia gained eligibility to transfer to Valdosta from California, using false information.

VHS officials have since suspended Garcia from the team after receiving that letter from the GHSA.

GHSA reports Garcia’s parents separated to meet the Georgia residence rules, with plans of reuniting at the end of the football season.

Later in the school’s response, they state, “We have never tried to circumvent the rules of our governing body for interscholastic sports.”

The GHSA said a student must make a “bona fide move,” meaning the student is to move simultaneously with the entire parental unit.

They said that’s not the case with the Garcia’s.

The USC commit transferred after California decided to not have fall 2020 sports due to the pandemic.

VHS has until Monday to appeal this ruling.

As of Thursday, they have yet to file an appeal.

19 hours ago, Texasvic said:

I think it has to do just with the way the rule is written? Correct me if im wrong but didnt it say something along the lines of “bonafide reason” so a divorce would be considered a bonafide reason but a fake divorce for athletic purposes would not be. Think the ghsa just got technical with it bcs the parents were obviously stupid for even posting that interview.

It's not just the "bona fide" reason.  In other clauses it also say there has to be a written decree/judgement from the judge over the case.  If they filed in California at the same time of the move or slightly after, I'm not so sure they would have gotten a written decree that soon.  Around here unless it is a major criminal case, the courts are shut down.  I don't know what is happening with divorces but other civil stuff isn't happening.

Let me add that I've not seen the paperwork (nor do I really care to).  This is speculation on my part based on have read and reread the eligibility sections of the GHSA constitution and know what the courts system here is doing.