Georgia High School Football playoffs Round 2

TheMaximumHornetSting

Peachtree TV announced they’re covering the ELCA- Prince Avenue Christian Game next week. Makes sense considering it’s Rusty Mansell commentating these games and he works full time for The Junkyard in Georgia 247. Obviously he’s all over Vandagriff 

GPB has to go Colquitt at Norcross. Two undefeated region champions and it’s in Gwinnett which GPB loves. Seems like a no brainer

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Peachtree TV announced they’re covering the ELCA- Prince Avenue Christian Game next week. Makes sense considering it’s Rusty Mansell commentating these games and he works full time for The Junkyard in Georgia 247. Obviously he’s all over Vandagriff 

GPB has to go Colquitt at Norcross. Two undefeated region champions and it’s in Gwinnett which GPB loves. Seems like a no brainer

I think Colquitt wins if the offense  shows up

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Better hope that field isn't in bad shape. If so, that won't bode well for Colquitt. Norcross is gonna want to run that ball down their throats. 

Nobody is running the ball down Colquitt's throat yet this year. Not saying it can't happen, but, we've seen quite a few try. Including Lowndes with their dual threat qb. 

48 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They won’t be able to. Colquitt is a horrible matchup for the Norcross offense. Limited QB against a monster front seven. 

Colquitt is pretty solid against the run and well coached. Our film game is strong. Could be a chess match between their offense and our defense for a little bit early on, but, I don't expect them to fare much better than anyone else we've seen so far. 

We just need the game to begin to slow down for Zane. If he'd been the guy since day one, I think we'd be in a lot better spot offensively than we are now. That's just a kink that happens with losing the starter though. Hell, another game under the belt and he'll be halfway to as experienced in live games this season as Xavier was tbh.

48 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody is running the ball down Colquitt's throat yet this year. Not saying it can't happen, but, we've seen quite a few try. Including Lowndes with their dual threat qb. 

Colquitt is pretty solid against the run and well coached. Our film game is strong. Could be a chess match between their offense and our defense for a little bit early on, but, I don't expect them to fare much better than anyone else we've seen so far. 

We just need the game to begin to slow down for Zane. If he'd been the guy since day one, I think we'd be in a lot better spot offensively than we are now. That's just a kink that happens with losing the starter though. Hell, another game under the belt and he'll be halfway to as experienced in live games this season as Xavier was tbh.

The best chance Norcross has offensively is to pound the ball on us. I just don't see them having much of a passing game against our secondary.

People continue to talk about the front seven, but in my opinion, our biggest strength is our secondary.

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

People continue to talk about the front seven, but in my opinion, our biggest strength is our secondary.

Dothan says what’s up ... Kidding. That was a weird game. Colquitt does have a great backend, they’ve seen a lot of good receivers this season and have played well. 

21 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Dothan says what’s up ... Kidding. That was a weird game. Colquitt does have a great backend, they’ve seen a lot of good receivers this season and have played well. 

They did damage running the ball.

The secondary only allowed 100 yds passing, a 56% comp percentage, 1 TD, and had 1 INT. That was good enough for a 68.8 QBR.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They did damage running the ball.

The secondary only allowed 100 yds passing, a 56% comp percentage, 1 TD, and had 1 INT. That was good enough for a 68.8 QBR.

Their real damage started coming when their qb decided to take off with the ball and our secondary had to creep up to protect that and it opened some throwing lanes. They made some key passes in the right places of the game. 

We learned from that game how to deal with Lowndes though imo. 

I definitely have a lot of faith in our secondary though. They made some amazing plays last night. They got called for some interference that was non existent as well. One time I was positive the flag was offensive interference but they pointed at us. 

13 penalties for 147 yards give or take. Basically 10 yards per. This after about 3 pretty clean games in a row. At least 3 of those 13 were totally bullshit. 

I'm just glad to have come away with the win after having that rough an offensive game and penalized game. Another one of those where some of the legit penalties were way away from the actual play also. 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think Colquitt stuns Norcross... 

Im not sold on the Norcross Devils yet... 

Me neither. If it were tiers I would have:

Grayson and Colquitt -Tier 1

Lowndes and Milton -Tier 2

Collins Hill Parkview and Norcross -Tier 3

West F. -Tier 4