Anyone here ever studied Buddhism?

ChimpGrip

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ask @ngdawg , he’s gonna be a tree when he reincarnates, and ima chop that shit down for rolling papers

I heard that he is an expert 16yo band camp Buddhist prodigy.   👍. I am sure he will be along any second now to school 🏫 you 🤣

look there he is now going to tell you ALL about how they do it 👍

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Actually, as a tree, I'll be waiting for when you walk by and just fall on your head. You won't wake up.

So Buddhists must rely on gravity.   🤣. Cool 🤓

well represented 👌

🍿

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Just asking. I see these little Buddha statues everywhere, they are quite interesting. 

Lol, yeah I had a few religion classes back in college.

Hinduism interested me far more; Buddhism is barely considered a religion, it’s almost more of “a way” (that’s an important phrase in Buddhism) of life. Much of it is centered on suffering, breaking through suffering, obtaining enlightenment through meditation and following “the way,” until you achieve Nirvana (a similar but far less expounded upon structure to Hinduism’s wheel of Samsara - which is basically the repeating process of living, dying, being born again, repeating it thousands of times in hopes you eventually break the wheel and obtain Moksha...the end of the cycle and the achievement of enlightenment).

The statues aren’t as interesting as the actual details, dude. Pick up a book and read about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Hinduism interested me far more; Buddhism is barely considered a religion, it’s almost more of “a way” (that’s an important phrase in Buddhism) of life. Much of it is centered on suffering, breaking through suffering, obtaining enlightenment through meditation and following “the way,” until you achieve Nirvana (a similar but far less expounded upon structure to Hinduism’s wheel of Samsara - which is basically the repeating process of living, dying, being born again, repeating it thousands of times in hopes you eventually break the wheel and obtain Moksha...the end of the cycle and the achievement of enlightenment).

The statues aren’t as interesting as the actual details, dude. Pick up a book and read about it.

Trust me, going to be buying books over it. I buy books over every topic that I find interesting and know little about. I know of the founder of Buddhism and that there is an older and newer form of its practice (names I do not recall at the moment). 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:12 AM, DownSouth said:

Hinduism interested me far more; Buddhism is barely considered a religion, it’s almost more of “a way” (that’s an important phrase in Buddhism) of life.

you can read about it,

but don't try to practice "the way"

in China

or you will be persecuted.

👌