Censorship on this site?

On2whls

3 hours ago, Newbie said:

Nobody has any issue with the terms of service as they should not lose the rights of a private company, but was speaking there of any rule with actual consistency, not the rule that we do anything we want 🤓

This is where it gets wishy washy though. Lets use here for instance... The terms of service/guidelines say things like "no flaming" well, suddenly its up to me to decide what constitutes flaming if I'm going to be proactive, or up to the member that is feeling "flamed" to report to me that there is "flaming" going on if I'm being much more passive. 

Even with the latter, I have to look at it and decide whether it seems to be a legit "report." 

I already know where this all leads as it's happened to me almost every time I had to utilize a tool, warning, edit or remove some content. If I'm doing that to someone from the right side of the political spectrum, I'm censoring, and a left wing liberal whackadoo. 

If its the other side getting it, I get the opposite except from the posters that know me pretty well, and they generally are understanding about the issue. 

Its all subjective. Nobody will ever agree. They'll call bias no matter what. If the news isn't what they wanna hear its fake even if its facts being reported and if its lies but what we wanna hear, then it's real news and the best reporting we've ever seen. 

Most of us need to stare more inward. 99% of any of our problems are caused by the guy we are looking at in the mirror. No president, no social media platform, no moderator or admin or coach or senator or judge can fix those problems. Letting others touch on your own unresolved issues and use that to motivate/trigger us to radicalize, or vote or whatever it is they are doing is mostly our own fault. Its somewhat their fault too, because they know what they are doing. Its probably social media or big techs problem to an extent too, because they see what's happening but remain mostly "passive" because of the sensitivity of it all. 

At any rate, the solution is inside of our own self, but we are mostly too easily manipulated and brain washed to do anything. So, now we expect or need some other entity to protect us from ourselves. Whether its big tech, or government or the church. Picking and choosing which one has our best interests truly at heart is more than a little difficult. They all really survive by feeding off of our money in some way. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

The internet and social media platforms have been around for decades and numerous Presidents now. Why is it now suddenly an issue? What changed 🤔 

The way it has been being utilized for one thing. As how its being utilized changes, so then must the terms of service adapt to handle unforseen abuses. Its not unlike football transfer rules that we discuss sometimes when we actually talk about football stuff. There are areas that can be exploited by someone with the way or means. Once that is happening and discovered to be an issue that is more than just a little isolated incident, then rules get changed in wording or some new rule is added altogether. 

In this particular case, no president has ever used Twitter for "non official" business as has this one. Twitter and Facebook tried to go passive due to this being the president but, eventually realized the real harm that could come from their platform being used for misleading people. Especially from someone as powerful as the president. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The way it has been being utilized for one thing. As how its being utilized changes, so then must the terms of service adapt to handle unforseen abuses. Its not u like football transfer rules that we discuss sometimes when we actually talk about football stuff. There are areas that can be exploited by someone with the way or means. Once that is happening and discovered to be an issue that is more than just a little isolated incident, then rules get changed in wording or some new rule is added altogether. 

In this particular case, no president has ever used Twitter for "non official" business as has this one. Twitter and Facebook tried to go passive due to this being the president but, eventually realized the real harm that could come from their platform being used for misleading people. Especially from someone as powerful as the president. 

Real problem is they have done an about face from the socially protected ideology that created them as  a dominant public sphere, to where no one would have ever agreed to use the services at the current terms.  This was done in an effort to ensure the US attain a monopoly on the technology of the internet, but finds itself being monopolized by the very Frankenstein it created....

just sayin’

🦇 

On 1/8/2021 at 10:56 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

You may notice there are NO GSB posts anywhere. I'd assume he pitched another conniption and called or texted the site admin crying to have his garbage removed from here for the second time since this site was created. 

Why the fuck do you fools scream censorship every damn time someone's posts are removed. 

Some of you folks need to take a good long break. Yall are too caught up in this bullshit. 

Get real. 

Hmm, what’s got GardenStateGoofball spooked?

He afraid his nonstop stream of bullshit on this forum could get him in trouble somewhere? - Not like there was an insurrection or anything carried out by hundreds of people whose insane ramblings he’s pasted all over this site...oh wait 🤣.

@GardenStateBallerWhat’s got you spooked buddy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Hmm, what’s got GardenStateGoofball spooked?

@GardenStateBallerWhat’s got you spooked buddy?

Either spooked or finally got tired of looking like the biggest moron on the forum and being called out for it by several members.

Of course EVERYTHING he ever posted here was from someone else from "twitter"....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bormio said:

Unless those platforms become an integral part of conversation in the public square.  If it become known that you said something unseemly on the phone, does AT&T take away your phone?  I agree that is a tough problem, but when you market yourself as a place for public conversation in a country with free speech, trying to restrict what speech becomes extremely dicey.

A phone call is not public.

So, as usual, you undermined your argument within three seconds and made a genuinely terrible analogy to boot.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's "biased" and "unseemly" to have newly biased standards of conduct and deny someone the use of your platform if they refuse to abide by said when the platform was built on public exception and acceptance, for free speech standards.

🤡

FIFY 👍

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You did.

Big Tech was being "unseemly" and "biased" by enforcing standards of conduct on their platforms.

But, as usual, you won't address what you said and will instead dance around like a clown.

zulu1128: "Big tech is obviously acting in an increasingly biased and unseemly way"

He did throw in a "BUT in this case scenario"

He's such a clown.