Is AHP the most talented South Florida team this year?

RedZone

• RedZone changed the title to Is AHP the most talented South Florida team this year?
7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

image.jpeg.ad8be90f862a3ee0b861d6352a7f6051.jpeg

STA doesn't have one player ranked in the Top 50 in Florida in the 2022 class. That ever happen before?

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=FL

...ZERO in the Top 25 for the 2023 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=FL

I'll be surprised if STA schedules any of the monsters this year.

Carry on with the archery.....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

I know it's early in the South Florida transfer season, but they appear to be the front runners in this race.

Haven't been following much, but AHP always seems to lose some quality players (especially on D) in recent years, but they do seem to have some young talent along with veterans.  Richard Thomas is a nice player on D.  

This off-season, David Vadala (ILB) transferred to STA.   AHP has a national recruit RB, who I'm looking forward to following and hope he stays healthy... last name Fletcher.  He sure looked bigger vs STA last season imo than the  6'1" 185 lbs listed on the 247 page.  

STA I believe has minimum 3 FBS recruits on the OL, veteran QB and RB and multiple quality WR's (just added a talented '24 wr from USchool) along with a bigger and FBS recruit looking Mason Taylor at TE.   

Not sure about the D but I'm assuming they added more than Vadala.   Some youngsters I've noticed on Twitter receiving some nice offers lately.  One DB picked up a ND offer. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Haven't been following much, but AHP always seems to lose some quality players (especially on D) in recent years, but they do seem to have some young talent along with veterans.  Richard Thomas is a nice player on D.  

This off-season, David Vadala (ILB) transferred to STA.   AHP has a national recruit RB who I'm looking forward to following and hope he stays healthy... last name Fletcher.  He sure looked bigger vs STA imo than 6'1" 185 lbs as listed on the 247 page.  

STA I believe has minimum 3 FBS recruits on the OL, veteran QB and RB and multiple quality WR's (just added a talented '24 wr from USchool) along with a bigger and FBS recruit looking Mason Taylor at TE.   

Not sure about the D but I'm assuming they added more than Vadala.   Some youngsters I've noticed on Twitter receiving some nice offers lately.  One DB picked up a ND offer I noticed.  

AHP has 5 or 6 4* prospects 2022/2023............STA has 0.

I'm sure that has happened before "most likely", but I haven't seen it. 

IMG is loaded, but what's new with that?

Brookwood has some nice players this year including the #6 rated Pro-style QB in the 2023 class...has offers from LSU, Auburn, Florida, Penn St....etc

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=PRO

Brookwood/AHP.....Battle of the Beach

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/sports/2021/02/26/fbu-announces-american-heritage-brookwood-take-part-football-series/4575058001/

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m just referencing the Gold Standard that every other football coach and athletic administrator in the country utilizes. 

Which one is that?

Calpreps which is only known on this site or maxpreps which I've heard coaches before ask "is that the stupid computer system that can't even put in games correctly"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Which one is that?

Calpreps which is only known on this site or maxpreps which I've heard coaches before ask "is that the stupid computer system that can't even put in games correctly"

The correct answer is the "state polls/sport writers polls are the standard and always will be.........The Louisiana Sports Writers Association (aka LSWA) and similar around the nation. I've seen coaches reference these polls plenty of times. Never seen a coach say, "well, we got team  XYZ this week who is ranked #212 by Maxpreps at the QB Club. lol

Calpreps/Maxpreps = amusing toys to play with to support arguments.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

AHP has a national recruit RB, who I'm looking forward to following and hope he stays healthy... last name Fletcher.  He sure looked bigger vs STA last season imo than the  6'1" 185 lbs listed on the 247 page.  

That's more like the size of the recruit I watched vs STA.